IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Welcome Sammy!
Hope all is going well for you in this cycle.
I will be starting an estrogen primming cycle in February. it will be my fifth attempt as we have only ever managed to get two embryos. We are realistic too and know one day we may have to move on to donor but not ready to give up on my eggs yet as we still have hope of a miracle. We have done two cycles at the womens and are now at care.

Hi to everyone else and hope things are going well for Mrse x x x

Sammy- Yes i know what you mean but i find him too matter of fact. He should offer hope. Without hope we have nothing KWIM? ;-) x

Joanne- How are things? time going fast isnt it?! x

Cvaeh- Wishing you tons of luck and i know what you mean about not wanting to give up on trying with own eggs till all options have been exhausted as i feel the same. We will carry on with my eggs until we get our baba or until we are told there's none left as long as finances permit (which wont be for long) x

xxx

Looks like early 2013 is going to be busy for all......and everyone sounds so positive too, wishing u all lots of luck. I really hope we see more BFPs on here....not been enough lately. Has it always been like this for the H C, or has this been a bad year???
Hi AQ....how u doing....im good thank u. And yes time has started to go fast, leading up to 12 wks it was so slow.....and I had a few bleeds so wad just petrified of everything. Relaxing a tiny little bit now but still just taking it easy, knowing how lucky we are.. x
Lots of love all x

Hi All,

Hope you're all feeling good today.

Welcome to the board Sammy - I'm kind of new here too - but everyone here is really lovely and you'll soon settle in. I saw Mr Shaw about three years ago and there wasn't an appointment with him that I didn't come out in tears. But that could have just been me (I am a bit of an over sensitive sometimes!) But, I have a lovely consultant now. Good luck for your treatment anyway hun xx

I received my invoice on Friday for the medication, so I'm going to phone up on Monday to discuss the payment - all getting quite exciting now!!

Anyway, having a quiet day today - watching the darts (I know - my life is that exciting!) ... hope you all have a restful day.

Shelly xxx

Thank you Shelley and Cvaeh.

Starting to have a bit of a wobble about Mr Shaw now! Is he the right person to be looking after my ovaries!? Well it's too late now as I am day four of stimulation.

Lazy day for us too.. Big fat roast dinner and a big snooze !
X

Welcome to the forum Sammy! Everyone on here is lovely.
Joanne C- Wow how fast time is going! Glad you are able to relax a bit. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes really smoothly!
And i really hope that we gets lots of BFP's in the new year!
Not much to report from my side. Just waiting for my first appointment now, although i did ring up on friday just on the off chance to see if they had any earlier appointments and i nearly fell over when she offered me one for the 17th! So not long to go...

Argh! Sorry everyone! I've disappeared mainly due to having a 'date' with hubby before he went back down south! I'm on my own now so it's back to reality tomorrow so bit sad! :(

Sammy welcome!

Sorry for lack of personals! X x x

Sammy I think if you feel confident with a consultant that is all that matters. We all click with different people. I didn't meet a consultant but thought the world of one of the registrars dr Russell. Keep confident.

Thank you ladies.

I have spent a good few hours this morning looking at the posts from this thread! Got to about page 14!! Very inspirational but at times very sad.

Going for my second scan in an hour.. Hoping for a few more follicles than the last disaster. My hubby and I laugh that I've probably got one big fat wobbly duck egg!

Anyway.. Keeping positive and positive thoughts to you all xx

Shelly, I did manage to read a few recent posts and noticed that you had a stressful time trying to get through to the Hewitt centre. I had day 1 of my cycle on New Year's Day and had been told I needed to phone urgently to book my day two scan. I rang when they reopened on the wednesday(2nd) and it was first thing as I was due in work. The lovely lady on the phone didn't really take time to listen and when I said I needed a scan she said "we are fully booked today .. Too busy" I half expected this but it was the unsympathetic tone that sent me to work in tears! Thankfully I got a very reassuring nurse who got us in on day 3. Maybe a lesson there... Some customer service skills maybe,in dealing with women who are in need of tlc and empathy.

Anyone know what Channel the prog is on tonight's and time?

Hello mrse it's 9pm bbc4, I read the write up looks quite good.
Wasn't someone on this forum one of the couples that's going to be on???

Lots of love xx

Hi girls.

Ooh getting excited for the lwh prog tonight! be interesting as me an dh watched a bit of it being filmed and altho asked to take part we declined as find the process emotional enough without a audience but glad the couples did take part as helps others to see the reality of assisted conception xxx

Going to watch it. I saw them filming but didn't want to be in camera as nobody knew we were having treatment other than parents and my brother.

Arr yeah i rem you saying Lindy. Im really excited to watch it! how sad! haha xxx

I'm all ready to watch it too, glass of wine I hand :wine:
Wasn't it Jules that said she was going to be on it?? x

Iv got my bag of toffees ready an gonna make a brew soon! highlight of my evening! ha. Yes that rings a bell that Jules said she was going on it... soon find out eh xxx

Hi everyone! Yes it was me that took part in the doc tonight but after everything that happened and the embies having to be frozen, they didn't use us which was fine! But still looking forward to seeing it ! Xxx

Ah yes Jules i rem all that now. Be very interesting to see if they give a realistic view of IVF or a idealistic one xxx

Yes it will, the guys were lovely and were pretty adamant they wanted it to be a realistic view but we will see! Most of our footage was of me in pain anyway and even tho we got our ending, I think it would have brought all those feelings back ..... Plus I've never seen myself on tv prob look about 2 stone heavier haha!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->