IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sammy- Its so hard but try and stay positive. Miracles can and do happen x

Susie- haha i was the same! most precious lil cargo ever though isnt it?! i love Dr Ryan, such a lovely calming man. I actually look forward to EC for the deep sedation! ha x

Had a massive cry - felt so emotional bit it's empowered me for our FET!

Stay positive sammy!

Hi girls, I am just starting icsi as I have pco and my partner has low and emobile sperm,
I am in liverpool womens hospital under dr lewis-jones, and on day 2 of my buserelin injections, feeling slightly nauseous and re-occurring headaches.

How's every one else getting on with them?

Any help or advice needed

Thanks
Xx

Hi Jamie and welcome :)
I didnt really get any side effects from down regging other than the odd hot flash. For our 2nd cycle we did short protocol so no down regging which was much better.
Best of luck to you xxx

I'm only on second one so hopefully get used to it soon, only 37 more until my scan:winkwink: I have read a few articles and know different people react in different ways,

Thanks for replying
X

AQ; you are totally right and wishing you miracles too.. With not long to go!!
X

Likklegemz; thank you x

Jamie lee; I'm fairly new to this forum but have been overwhelmed by how welcoming everyone has been. I am on a short protocol so no buserilin for me this time and I am on day 5 of Stims. My last ivf cycle was a long 5/6 weeks of buserilin and I was tearful all the time. I cried in work, out shopping and at every scan etc! They said that all of the women that week had been the same and maybe it was a bad batch! Now I am not an emotional person usually so if anything I would advise you not to panic if you feel a bit low!

I had my second scan today and only 5 follicles.. Which is crap but two more than last time. On Cetrotide from tomorrow do let's hope the fostimon boosts the little blighters by Friday.

Wishing all the LWH ladies success and many BFPs this year xxx

Good luck Jamie- I had tiredness and flushes.

Sammy- keep positive. You have responded better than last time. Fx

I was a wreck down regging! So emotional and hot flushes!welcome to the thread! Seems to r lots of newbies coming in at the moment - really wish none of us have to go thru this journey thou x x

Good luck for Friday sammy,

Thanks for the feedback, just take each day as it comes I suppose. X

Welcome to the thread Jamie Lee :flower: I had a few headaches with the buseralin too. Good luck with your cycle xx

Jamie - welcome and to help with headaches increase your water intake to about 2-3litres per day it helps! Also I took my Buserlin at night to sleep through most of the symptoms but used to wake up hot and sweaty! Good luck.

I'm in day 7 of my priming cycle got a scan tomorrow so will be the first time I see if I'm responding or not to all my new drugs. For those newbies I'm not at HC anymore I'm private at clinic in Manchester called concieve international. Totally different process had scan to see if had follies naturally before Stimms tomorrow find out how many follies we have but should be at least 4 cos started with that! Could be EC on Mon/tues or weds next week all things being well. Fingers crossed xxx

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

I am taking them at 4 as I finish work at 3:30 so gives me time to chill afterwards, my headaches have died off now so fingers crossed, in on the 24th of January for my Scan and to go on 2nd lot of injections, then scan 7days later! They sai they have to keep and eye on me because I have pco.

Good luck for this week mrsE
X

MrsE .. Wishing you lots of luck x hoping that we will get to EC around the same time as you next week but we didn't get that far last time. Only five follicles for us at first scan but miracles can happen I guess.

Jamie.. Yes I forgot about the headaches.

I know I asked this in my first post on here .. But did anyone have any side effects on the highest dose of Fostimon? I was told it is the happy drug compared to buserilin but I have been really concerned today as I have been an emotional wreck. I completely flipped this morning, crying and bring very irrational .. Sleepy all the time?! I have calmed down now but I also started Cetrotide this morning and am worried my hormones are fecked!

Hi Jamie Lee - welcome to the thread. Im yet to start my IVF treatment yet but lots of luck with your cycle.
Good luck for your scan tomorrow MrsE!

Found the documentary last night quite scary! Kind of makes it a bit more real to know i will be going through exactly that in a month or two. I cried for the women who didn't get their babies, but was overjoyed for the couple who got pregnant. Their elation when they got their BFP, make me look forward to that moment between hubby and me.

MrsE good luck for your scan xx

Sammy I didn't take fostimon so can't comment on the side effects however its v normal to feel emotional during ivf, I was all over the place, positive one minute, crying the next :hugs: xx

Sammy - I was on buserrilin as well

Lovetoeatcake- it is really daunting to start the treatment but honestly the physical side of it all is ok. It is draining but it is the emotional roller coaster that is difficult. I think it was AQ who told me to focus on one thing at a time so it didn't get too overwhelming and my mind didn't race. You will get through it and hopefully get your bfP. We are all here for you. I found relaxation cd helped. I did my injections in the evening, then candle lit bath with ivf relaxation cd on.

Thank you for the lovely words lindylou. I was thinking of buying a Zita West cd. Not too long for you now!!

Lovetoeatcake I did get the zita west cd found her voice irritating after a few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->