IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks for the advice ladies. I am definitely gonna take it one step at a time. Just focusing on our appointment on Thursday!

Welcome to the thread Bear! I have my first consultation on Thursday to discuss the results of my bloods. We have to take all our forms with us to. They give you a lot of forms to fill in! These are usually given at the Patient Information Evening, which you will be invited to before you start. We will probably be having ICSI, so i will keep you updated with what protocol they put us on.

MrsE - Thats great news about your scan! I hope your egg collection goes well and you get some beautiful eggs!

Just a quick question - hubby and i completed all those forms they give you today. On the welfare of the child form, there was a question about mental illness. My husband has suffered with a bit of anxiety and mild depression in the past. Nothing major and he actually had a bit of counselling for it rather than take medication. This was quite a few years ago. Anyway he wrote it on the form, but now I'm worrying that it might delay us if they decide to look into his medical history further. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Girls sorry I've ee AWOL lately, had some bad news, my operation has been put back! Was really upset as it delays our FET but there's nothing I can do :( couldn't face coming on hear with everyone having an ok time and spoil the mood but thought I should an i really wanted to catch up on everyone's news. Waiting for a new date now so op could be late march / April instead.

Mrse hopefully everything goes well next week

Lovetoeatcake you have nothing to worry about. Hubby had mild depression about 4 years ago (he's a teacher and had a run in with an Ofsted inspector that dented his confidence) we declared it and there was no trouble at all.

Sammy fx everything goes well! Stay positive the physical parts nearly done with - just the mental bit to go now!

Bear - welcome! We're all really friendly and chatty!!

Was thinking we should try to rearrange our meet up? What does everyone think? We couldn't do it because of Christmas etc last time but how about we try and arrange? What do you think?

Take care everyone an hi to the rest of the gang!

X xx

Ps Mrse - if you stay off sick after et it's pregnancy related so you may want to tell them afterwards - they can't hold it against you then!

Gemz- Ah im sorry your op has been delayed hun :( did they say why?? hope they dont delay mine as im getting more nervous and dont need more time to dwell on it tbh. Hope your ok. I think it would be nice to re-arrange our meet up :) just let me know when and il be there xxx

Likkle- gutted for you. What reason did they give ? It is so unfair. I really don't think they understand how even a weeks delay effects us. Can you ask to be put on a cancellation list?

Sounds good about meeting up. I'm due in 3 weeks (ticker not right) but sure LO will be late!

hi girls,

No reason was given! I got the letter on Saturday in the post to let me know - didnt even phone me! was really upset as I couldnt even contact them about it yesterday as the department was closed! :(

gonna try and call tomorrow and demand to be placed on the cancellation list. I dont care if they call the day before and tell me to come in tomorrow - just want it done now!!!!

Hi All,

Haven't been around for a little while - see there's been another couple of newbies - so welcome to you xx

Likkle - sorry to hear your op has been put back, so frustrating and upsetting for you. Sending hugs xx

Hope everyone else is doing OK ...

I have my appointment on Friday to go and see them over the drugs (they're being couriered on Wednesday) - just wondered what to expect at the appointment, how long will I be there for and will I start my injections then do you know? Sorry - I just need to have things clear in my head!!

Shelly xxx

Little- they go through the drugs with you and show you how to give yourself them. They then tell you start date and book your scan appointment. It doesn't take too long, about 45 mins. Xxxx

Hi ladies still feeling groggy but they got 3 eggs so happy with that considering my AMH is zero!!!

Just wait for the dreaded call tomorrow morning to say how many fertilised so saying our prayers and got everything crossed!

I've not been able to concentrate to read all the updates but will do when I wake up! X

Good luck mrsE. Keeping everything crossed for you :pray:
xx

Great news mrse. Been thinking of you since 9am. Fx for good report tomorrow!! Take it easy and put your feet up xx

Gems: sorry to hear you op has been cancelled - hope you managed to get some answers or an estimate of when you will be re-booked for x

Mrs E: congrats will be thinking of you tomorrow morning - I think that is one of the worst bits of the process x

Hi ladies still feeling groggy but they got 3 eggs so happy with that considering my AMH is zero!!!

Just wait for the dreaded call tomorrow morning to say how many fertilised so saying our prayers and got everything crossed!

I've not been able to concentrate to read all the updates but will do when I wake up! X

Three eggs is great - fingers, toes and everything crossed for you hun - will say a prayer for you too.

Big hugs xxx

Mrse-Good luck for your fertilisation report tomorrow. Will be thinking of you x x x

gemz- that is really not fair. Hope they can bring your op forward for you x x

Has anyone heard from Bugs recently? Just wondering how her cycle was going as sure she was going again in January x x

Hi to all the new people. Hope everything is going well x x x x x

Thanks girls x x x

Mrse so pleased! Been thinking about you all day! Will be checking like mad in the morning to see how you get on! Fx!!!!

Evening ladies....
Lovely news to read Mrse...will have everything crossed tonight x
Hi Gemz....sorry to hear about your appointment any joy with the cancellation list?
Lots of love x

Hello ladies, I've been looking at this sight and came across this thread so I've joined up! We are due to start our DR on this Thursday at the LWH, first cycle of IVF! Scary! Will hopefully be able to post throughout our journey and also see how everyone else is getting on. It's great to know we're not the only one's going through this. xxx

Hi ladies.. Hope all doing well. I am still fairly new to this thread so forgive me for not remembering where everyone is up to.

AQ thank you and yes I will stay positive!

Gemz.. All good things come so maybe your delay will give you the best chance x

Taking inspiration now from MrsE as 3 eggs is really good x I am just about to take my trigger shot.. No turning back now ..... !

Gill
X

Thinking of you mrsE and hope and pray you get a good call in the morning :hugs: x

Gemz sorry to hear your op was cancelled, what a nightmare! Hope you manage to sort it out with them x

Sammy hope the trigger went ok, not long now till EC, exciting!! x

Lindy not long for you now, exciting!! I was 37+4 and i was convinced I would be late. Hope you've got your feet up x

Wantabump welcome to the thread :flower:

Hi to everyone else xxx

MrsE- So happy to hear you got 3 eggs as i know the terrible worry us low AMH ladies have at EC. I have everything crossed for you for your fertilization report call in the morning. I also think its the worst part of the whole process and i pray you get the news your longing for x

Sammy- Whoop whoop for trigger! your almost there! enjoy your needle free day tomorrow and lots of luck for EC on wed x

Lindy- Cannot believe your due so soon! where has this 9mths gone?! cant wait to see pics of this lil buba x

Hi to Gemz, Melbram, Joanne, Cvaeh, bugs and all the gang xxx

AFM- Just eagerly awaiting the pst response to our MP's letter so should know within a few wks. Praying we get a break and get this next cycle on the NHS as NICE does recommend 3 cycles and our situation is pretty exceptional so everything crossed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->