IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sammy- 5 follies is good as could all contain eggs. I know its hard but stay positive. Only takes one good egg and sperm to make your embie ;-) 1st cycle i only produced 2 eggs but next cycle with max stimms i produced 6 so things can change. I was the highest dose of fostimon last cycle (6 amps) and had no side effects so im sure you will be fine. Have they based your dose on your AMH level? seems a high dose for 1st cycle x

MrsE- Tons of luck for tomorrows scan! let us know how you get on. So exciting and all happens so quickly on SP doesnt it! x

Lovetoeatcake- The reality of IVF is not as bad as you imagine. The physical part is fine, its the emotional rollercoaster of each hurdle that is exhausting. My best advice is to stay positive but also realistic and take each day as it comes x

Hi to all the gang xxx

I used the Helen McPherson CDs. I enjoyed them to be honest.

Lovetoeatcake - yep the physical side is the easy part but we view each cycle as the grand national you have to focus on the next jump before you can progress and I found if I take it in bite size bits like that its easier to deal with otherwise if you think too far ahead I got overwhelmed. We used to have a bit of fun by say right EC is canal turn and et is Beachers Brook! We are still doing the same this round I find it makes it easier to cope but you will each find your own way. Best advice is to try not to stress which is mega difficult!

Not long til I know how I've responded I've hardly had time to think about it thus far today! Perhaps a good thing! Will have to take my injections with us cos have to do them at 7pm an if I'm kept waiting at all it will be a panic otherwise! Then after scan got my accu appt for some relaxation!! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Welcome Sammy and Jamie - I had awful hot flushes on Burselin

Mrs E: Good luck!

I watched the documentary too - it was so sad and I was suprised that only 1 out of the 4 got their BFP but I cant wait to get started again now...I could start on this cycle but havent starting to prepare at all and I just know that if it didnt work I would blame the lack of prep - it probably doesnt make a great deal of difference but psychologically I think it puts you in a better place

Lots going on at the moment good luck to all you ladies who are currently on the rollercoaster! x

Hi ladies. Had my scan and we have one lead follicle on each side 16 and 17 mm plus some smaller ones but he said he was very happy with the size and shape of them. Another scan on Friday and he's 90% sure we will have EC on Monday. I am glad we cleared that hurdle on to the next on Friday but I just feel emotionally numb I think which may be a good thing. I think also cos I know how easy it is to fall at each stage I just can't get excited yet!

Fingers crossed for Friday xx

Melbram- I know what you mean about preparing and it probs does not make a big difference but its the only 'control' we feel we have in this situation isnt it? ;-) as regards 1 in the 4 getting a BFP sadly that is statistically correct with IVF :( xxx

MrsE- Cross posted there :) so glad your scan went well and 2 lead follies is fab cos you have time for the others to catch up. Everything crossed for you that EC is soon and brings some healthy eggs for you. I know what you mean about being numb cos its the only way to survive this after fails. Its self preservation xxx

Good luck for Friday mrse. 2 good ones is fabulous and fx a few more have a growth spurt.

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this forum for a while and thought it was about time I introduced myself as we've just been referred for ICSI and I am really nervous/scared!
Me and my hubby have been TTC for over 18 months now. So far have found no issues with my ovulating or tubes or anything, I'm still waiting for my hycosy(?) test, but the doc has referred us for ICSI due to OH's low sperm count.
Feeling quite positive that we have been referred, and have to tried to have a look at what it all entails, but it's also just kind of hit us and it's really scary too :cry:
Any advice/info about what the process is like at Liverpool would be much appreciated.
I've read parts of this thread and everyone seems to be really supportive :) Hope you don't mind me getting involved :)
Sorry for the essay haha!

Hi all

Hello Bear. I am also a newcomer to this site but the best place for asking questions as there is always someone who has been there before you. In terms of what to expect from LWH then ask away as we have all usually had some involvement, have been through, are going through or are about to!

I am a week into a short protocol for ivf which we pushed for as our last attempt failed. We did our research and our consultant was prepared to support us. The Hewitt Centre is great and the nursing staff put you at ease at all times.

Not sure what you need to know but feel free.

I had my second scan today and have four large follicles with one trailing behind. They have given us the green light for egg collection on wed so a few more days of stimulation. This is further than we got last time!

Hoping everyone else is fairing ok. It's difficult to remember at what stage you are all at?! I know mrsE you were due for your scan today so hope all went well.

Gill xx

Hi ladies and welcome Bear!

The ladies on here will be your salvation, they are the best bunch of knowledgeable girls you will every find. Now you've found us fear not xx

Ok we'll we had out scan and we're having EC on Monday at 9am in london. They are sending me there as they are having better results down there with low amh people. Lead follies have grown as have 3 others but he kept saying I had two beautiful follicles and he's very hopeful to have two good quality eggs from the shape and size plus the drugs mean that they should be mature cos they've had me on a drug to mature them as they grow. Totally different protocol than I've done before. So fingers crossed all goes well next week and we have a healthy embie put back! I pray to god that we do.

Anyone else having EC this week?

Great news mrse. When are you heading to London?

Welcome bear- good luck. Xxxx

Lindy heading down there tomorrow staying with family so should be good. Just going to take it easy and hve a leisurely drive down there.

Keep everything crossed for us please! Xx

Will you stay a couple of days after as well?

I will say prayers and keep everything crossed for you. Will think of you at 9 on Monday. Xxxx

We are going to drive back cos of my OH work but been warned we may get a call we'd morning to say they want to transfer on weds afternoon so prepared for that otherwise likely to be thurs assuming everything goes to plan obviously! I will be calling into my part time job sick next week so I can take it easy and don't have to explain darting back to london at short notice!

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan x

Bear- Welcome and best of luck with your cycle x

Sammy- Yay to the follies and best of luck for EC x

MrsE- Lots of luck for monday and i hope that you get good quality eggs and embies and this cycle brings your sticky bfp x

Hiya to Lindy, Melbram, Joanne, Susie, Lisa, Laura, lovetoeatcake, cvaeh, Bugs, gemz an all the crew xxx

Thanks ladies,

I guess I don't actually have a lot of questions at the moment as we are just waiting for our paperwork to come through. I'm sure I will have loads when we get properly started but I'm trying not to stress too much at the moment!
All the talk of embies and follicles etc sounds quite daunting but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

What is the difference between long and short protocol and is it the same for icsi?
Oh, and what is the paperwork they send you initially??

Thanks again and good luck to everyone :thumbup: x

MrsE wishing you loads of luck with EC and praying for some lovely embies for you xx :hugs:

Welcome to the thread Bear :flower:

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all having a good weekend x

Hi bear- they tend to start everybody on long protocol first go. I had it and we had ICSI. X

Mrse- take as long off sick as you can even after transfer try and stay off and rest a bit. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->