IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks AQ and susie sue- 9 months has totally flown by. I'm actually still working but finding it tiring.

Welcome wantabump.

Good luck today mrse.

Hi ladies sorry I've been AWOL I've been working from home today and in quite a bit of pain this afternoon but great news all 3 eggs fertilised!!! I can't quite believe it but know we're not out of the woods yet. Just another hurdle so call again tomorrow to see I they are splitting correctly. So said et will be thurs or sat depending on tomorrow!

So got everything crossed again and another sleepless night ha!

That's great news Mrse. fingers crossed they keep on growing x x

Oh that's brilliant news MrsE. I have to say I was fearing the worst as there was no update from you but I'm sooooo happy for you. If all goes well how many are you having put back? :hugs:
xx

Fantastic news MrsE, you've got some great eggs there! Praying now for 3 lovely embies x

Only allowed to have 1 put back cos of my bicornia uterus and I also have a small uterus anyway apparently so if I had twins I would struggle to carry them full term. So agreed only to have one put back so hopefully they all make it and we have some in the freezer!

Worst bit all this waiting and doesn't get easier with more cycles!

Hiya,

Thanks for your responses :) lovetoeatcake keep me updated on your progress! :) we have been told we will definitely need icsi.

mrse/anyone who might know, do you get a choice of how many embryos you have transferred then?? good luck for your ET mrse, hope it goes well!

We are still playing the waiting game at the mo. Can anyone tell me how long they waited before going to the PIE? We have been told we will receive paperwork in the post, not at the PIE (or is there just LOADS of paperwork?!)

Still getting to grips with where everyone is at, and haven't been able to login properly for a few days, but good luck everyone :)

Bear - at HC nope the standard is only one embie is put back. I got one of the consultants on side on basis that I'm 36 and have an AMH of zero so got them to agree that if we got two embies then I could have them both put back but had to sign a waver. They are trying to reduce multiple births you see cos of HEFRA.

On PIE we got our paperwork when there but things change. Also we got given a time slot for our bloods - HIV, etc which was end of Dec and had results and consultation early Feb so prob about 6-8wks after PIE. Not sure if that helps you or not x

Thanks for all your good wishes and will let you know tomorrow.

Bear - I had 2 embies put back as I was 39 when I had my transfer. There was no real issue with it cos of my age but like mrsE said I had to sign a waiver. If you are under 35 I think they push for you to only have one. xx

MrsE- WONDERFUL news!! i am sooo happy for you and 100% fert rate is AMAZING! bet your so relieved! you give me such hope for this next cycle. Im praying 3rd time lucky :)
Can't wait to hear how you get on tomorrow x

Hi to all the gang x

Great news mrse. Hope they are growing well.

Bear- I had 2 embbies put back in. It was just before my 36th birthday and I had to sign the waiver. The embryologist told me to go for it when nobody else was in the room.

Ah ok, well I'm 27 and DH is 26 so I guess we'll be out of luck for twins!:haha:

MrsE yep that's helpful thanks, will just have to see what comes through the post!

Hope everyone is having a good day, keep positive :thumbup: x

Bear, I wanted two in originally but first time round they would never do that unless there's a very poor fert rate and as said before you would need to sign a disclaimer. The nurse scared the living daylights out of me by saying for every twin you actually see, 3 don't make it! :( I was so worried and agreed with 1!

Hi ladies well had my call but not until 30 mins ago I was fearing the worst to be honest but all good. All 3 eggs went on to form embryos and they graded them 1 being the best and 5 the worst. We have 2 at grade 1-2 an 1 at grade 2 so very happy with that. So going to blastocyst on Saturday morning. They will call me each day now anyway to give me a update.

So thank you all for the positive vibes this far - keep them coming its going to be a long week!! Then hopefully the dreaded 2ww! Ha, ha why do we do this to ourselves it's torture all the waiting! Keep everything crossed for us.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Xx

Brilliant news mrsE :happydance: Been checking in all morning. Come on embies!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->