IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Glad ur ok AQ....make sure u milk the resting!
Good luck Jamie & Gemz....so much going on!!
Xx

Thank you :)
Good luck Gemz and AQ on the new jobs

Hope every one else is doing well
X

What job you going for AQ? Glad you ok. Keep your feet up. X

Lindy- The job is as a data processor for a components company. Less hours and better pay so hoping i get it! :) xxx

Will keep everything crossed for you AQ & Gemz good luck :thumbup:
xx

Hi girls hope you are all ok... I'm looking for a bit of advice I've been on clomid for 6 months and it hasn't worked so I'm back at LWH Monday I'm worrying myself sick what going to happen next. Has anyone else failed on clomid ??

Higgins- Welcome to the thread. When you say that clomid 'failed' do you mean you never managed to ovulate whilst taking it or do you mean it failed cos you didnt get pregnant? xxx

Sorry didn't make myself clear did I. My blood tests showed I was ovulating but just never fell pregnant although I suspect I maybe did a couple of times as I was 2 days late in dec but ended up having a heavy bleed. I've also got fibroids on my right side hence the clomid being prescribed

Ah ok i understand what you mean. If the clomid worked but you never fell pregnant from it, it could be that you need a bit of extra help such as IUI. Usually fertility clinics will offer 2-3 cycles of IUI an if that doesnt work offer IVF. If your OH's sperm is ok then IUI may work for you. Have they done a HSG and other tests to make sure everything else is ok with you hun? xxx

It was the HSG that found the fibroids. I was under the impression it was always either or with IVF and IUI is that not the case ? Can you have both

They usually offer IUI first and i think its up to 3 cycles of that on NHS but not too sure. If that does not work then IVF is generally offered as they like to exhaust all options before bringing out the 'big guns' so to speak ;-) i hope you get your BFP without having to go through IVF but if u need IVF we are all here to support xxx

Hi LM , sorry I cannot help , we went straight to IVF due to my age. As AQ said you will get lots of support here. X

AQ glad the op went well. When do you think you will be starting your next cycle? Hope the job interview goes well too!

Welcome to the thread LMhiggins. I took clomid for a bit and I ovulate fine as well. We got referred for IVF when we didn't get pregnant. Possibly they didn't suggest IUI because my hubby has a bit of a low sperm count. Which doctor have you been seeing?

AFM - just waiting for day 1 to arrive. I have another week to go. Had dinner with some friends last night and one of then announced she is pregnant so cue a whole evening spent talking babies. I am happy for her, her life certainly isn't easy as she has a severely disabled little girl but its still so hard to listen too.

Hope everyone else is good and having a nice weekend. X

Welcome to the thread LM sorry I can't help I went straight into ivf-icsi.

Hi everyone else. Bit of a tmi possible message here,
I had my last AF on the 16th of January and it lasted until the 22nd of jan I think it was to do with the buserelin, any way for the past few days my boobs have been a bit sore especially my nipples?? It can't be the witch again, can it?
X

Hi all thanks for the support feeling bait anxious today appointment is 2:50 tomorrow so I will fill you all in tomorrow. Lovetoeatcake I'm under dr kingsland although I've yet to meet him. Only seen one nurse in particular last few appointments who I'm not fussed on I know she sees women like us mon-fri 9-5 but there never seems to be any compassion from her.

Jamie- you can get all sorts of weird and wonderful symptoms on these drugs. Some make you menopausal others the worse PMT then cruelly the bum bullets can mimic pregnancy/AF symptoms. X

Lovetoeatcake- Not long until you get to start again and everything crossed for you. It is hard to hear pregnancy news all the time whilst we wait in the sidelines but our day will come so hang in there x

Jamie- All the hormones we take mess with our bodies and cause all kinds of symptoms. It will soon be your EC and then ET and the dreaded 2ww ;-) x

Well that's a bit better to know I guess, I was just unsure if my AF came I could still go in for EC on Tuesday, so I'm glad it's just symptoms from the drugs, x

Hi ladies hope everyone is well xx

Welcome LMHiggins i also went straight to ivf so not much help i'm afraid. I saw Mr Kingsland whilst having treatment he is very blunt and to the point but a pretty nice guy so good luck tomorrow.

Jamie Lee good luck with trigger shot i assume it's tonight, don't worry about your egg collection you'll be fine it's actually my favourite partI love being put to sleep you feel so woozy and happy when you come round.

Gussy i hope today was ok for you, if you need anything you know where we are xxx

AFM we had a slight drama this afternoon when there was some light spotting on the tissue when I went the loo. I wasn't going to test again but i threw a wobbler and sent OH for tests and it said pregnant 2-3 so pleased that my levels are rising and there's been nothing since and i've been the loo about 5 times so fingers crossed just a little implantation spotting. Just 1 week to go xxx

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->