IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Lindy- Don't think i got the job as the manager said she would call me if i had it by end of today as she had finished interviews x

Gemz- Sorry you didnt get the job, but as you said, what will be will be. I am a great believer of that lately. Ooh not long until your op now! you will be fine. My op was so straightforward and i am virtually healed up now x

Lindy- Don't think i got the job as the manager said she would call me if i had it by end of today as she had finished interviews x

Gemz- Sorry you didnt get the job, but as you said, what will be will be. I am a great believer of that lately. Ooh not long until your op now! you will be fine. My op was so straightforward and i am virtually healed up now x

:hugs:

Gemz and AQ sorry about the jobs, hopefully there is something just around the corner for you both.

I'm on strict instructions not to move from the couch. After having a clear day on Monday I had 2 more bits of spotting yesterday, it's just makes me so nervous. I know last time when I had the chemical once it started there was no stopping it and this is literally just when I wipe (sorry TMI) but keeping everything crossed that we get to Monday xxxx

Bugs- when I had chemical it was like the heaviest of all AF's. hopefully just a bit of early spotting. How many weeks are you?

I'm 5 weeks 4 days, it only happened once on Sunday and about 3 times yesterday. I'm not getting any cramps or anything so fingers crossed it's just a late implantation bleed xxx

I think I paid and had a scan at 6 or 7 weeks. Saw a little blob with a flickery heartbeat. It is such a nerve wracking time. Will they bring your scan forward?

Possibly, I'm just going to see how it goes today and then possibly go for bloods tomorrow. I might ask for a scan on Sat coz my OH will be with me then xxx

Hi bugs, sorry you are getting spotting again, I can fully relate to the anxiety! As you know I had spotting in the 2ww, then again a week after my bfp, so at 5 weeks. It was when I wiped, and a little bit in a pad. It stopped for a day, then started again for a day. The Hewitt centre did beta bloods for me, and then ended up scanning me at 5w4d as I got really upset in the clinic. I saw the heartbeat then. (My first beta was 9000 which was why they scanned me as it was high enough to see something).
I just lay on the couch for about a week, on left side as its meant to help blood flow to the placenta. I know so many friends who have had spotting around the same point but I was so worried so I know what you are going through. The clinic said its a mixture of implantation and everything settling after the procedures. As long as no pain all will be fine xx

Hope your ok bugs, sorry I can't offer any advice as I'm new to it all xx

Just had my phone call from the hospital and out of my 12 eggs 7 have fertilised, I am in on Sunday at 11 for the transfer. I was hoping for a bit sooner, does 5 days mean the embryos are taking longer to grow? X

Jamie- that is great news! They say the ideal is if they can do a 5 day transfer because the embie is at blastocyst stage. Plenty of ladies do get BFP if they transfer before that though. The embryologist said as thy wath a bit longer they get more time to choose the strongest. But, like I said , if they do a transfer earlier it isn't a bad thing!!

Yep Jamie. What Lindy said If they have a good few to choose from, waiting that bit longer means that they can see which ones are doing better to decide which to put back, although some studies have shown a better success rate with 5 day transfers there is a general consensus that the figures are skewed as a lot of doctors would recommend delaying from 3-5 day just to be sure & then they'd pick the same one anyway. So if they do end up transferring on day 3 then you still have a great chance, but yeay for a day 5 transfer :yipee: (hope I made sense there)

bugs, I had some spotting at around 6 weeks so went for an early scan. They found a heamatoma (sp) on my uterus lining where the egg had implanted. It's very common & didn't cause me any more issues after it healed over. I'm sure you'll be fine but keep well rested just because you can lol.

OMG. Lindy.... It's your due date :dance: :dance: I'm so excited for you :yipee: good luck, hope it's soon for you & very quick & very easy :thumbup:

AQ & gemz - so sorry about the jobs but as AQ said, what will be will be. I got turned down for a job I reaaaally wanted but then got a better one a few months later & I wouldn't have been looking had I got the first one. :hugs: it does still suck at the time though.

MrsE & Gussy - still thinking about you both :hugs:

sorry for the lack of other personals, there's lots of lovely ladies on this thread at the moment & it's hard to keep track. Hope you all get your wishes very soon :flower:

xx

Ah thank you, it makes perfect sense when you put it that way, so they can keep an eye on them to have a better choice.. You'll tend to find I'm a bit of a glass half empty kinda girl

Hope your all ok, any day for you now Lindy :) x

Jamie that's an excellent result, hopefully you'll get a couple for the freezer aswell. I'm amazed their doing a Sunday transfer about time all clinics should open 7 days.

Thanks for the support girls, I'm not having any pains and I as I said before in the past the spotting has always turned to full flow within a day so this is different but I've read enough stories on Dr Google to know bleeding can be common so fingers crossed. Oh and I get dead excited this morning coz I got heartburn for the first time which is something I never get. I texted my OH and said I've either got heart burn or I'm having a heart attack lol !!!

I know I was suprised when they said Sunday, booked the Monday off work to chill too!

Bugs I have never had heartburn either so is be exactly the same, got my fingers crossed for you x

Hi ladies, i know i have not been on here for a while but i do pop in every now and then to see how everyone is getting on. FX bugs this is your time. Jamie great news about ur embies. Lindy any sign of movement? hope the rest of the gang are doing well.

AFM - im in a bit of dilemma, a colleague at work had a premature baby last year but due to all the issues with the baby she went through a phase of deprssion and has been off sick for the last 6 months. She is due back at work this week on phased return and when she is in the office she is allowed to bring the baby in. she was in on Monday but thankfully i wasnt in the office so it was ok but im really worried about how i will deal with it when we are in together. i know shes not well and needs the support but i cant help feel like my feelings havent been considered. I come to work to get away from sitting at home and dwelling about the situation i am in and having it shoved in my face at work is not going to help. I dont want to say anything cuz i dont want to be seen as selfish and unreasonable. i really dont know what to do

Jamie - thats excellent news!!
Babydust- Hi, hope you are ok. Im not really sure what to advise, it is a really tricky situation. Perhaps you could speak with your line manager about it? Could you do some different work away from her when the baby is there? I hope it works out. x

They're letting her bring the baby into work ??? I've never heard that before in my life. I understand they have to support her to get her back to work but it doesn't really take into consideration everyone else in the office. Maybe talk to your manager is it possible you could be moved. Really do feel for you that is a terrible situation to be put in xxx

Thanks guys, i dont think its been thought through at all. Putting my feelings aside, I feel it is a massive health and safety risk, she has already dropped the baby on its head when she was in on monday. Im not sure i can speak to my line manager about it, i really dont think she will understand. Ill just have to manage my work around it and try and not be in the office when she is around. So frustrated to be put in this situation :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->