IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

That is such a tough situation! It is inconsiderate- do they know about your treatment? I would try and get your line manager to one side and explain that you think it is lovely they are supporting her but you are concerned how it is going to effect you. Give them the heads up and ask them if they have any solutions if you are struggling. Big hugs.

I'm so suprised that they've let her being the baby in! We can't do that in our place - howeve it has been known in our place that someone can come in with baby/toddler if they've been off for a while but only for a visit - never to actually work!

Jamie that's super fab!!! So pleased for you! You should get some frosties too! FYI if your successful any frozen embryos count so you can use them afterwards if you want another without needing to pay for ivf - your not allowed any further ivf cycles otherwise once you've had a baby you have to pay - thought you'd like to know

Lindy - Yey it's due date!!

Afm I've thought about it and I'm glad I didn't get it - too much on at moment and it would just be yet another thing I'd worry about. Also a bit sad today - it's my granddads birthday. I'm really missing him - whenever I think about him I always think of our miscarriage as he died on my birthday - and them I'd miscarried

Big hugs everyone x x x

Ps AQ any news on job front?

:hugs:
I'm so suprised that they've let her being the baby in! We can't do that in our place - howeve it has been known in our place that someone can come in with baby/toddler if they've been off for a while but only for a visit - never to actually work!

Jamie that's super fab!!! So pleased for you! You should get some frosties too! FYI if your successful any frozen embryos count so you can use them afterwards if you want another without needing to pay for ivf - your not allowed any further ivf cycles otherwise once you've had a baby you have to pay - thought you'd like to know

Lindy - Yey it's due date!!

Afm I've thought about it and I'm glad I didn't get it - too much on at moment and it would just be yet another thing I'd worry about. Also a bit sad today - it's my granddads birthday. I'm really missing him - whenever I think about him I always think of our miscarriage as he died on my birthday - and them I'd miscarried

Big hugs everyone x x x

Ps AQ any news on job front?

Jamie great news on your embies :) x

Gemz :hugs:

Babydust I really don't think that baby's should be in the workplace, except for short visits!! Looking after a baby is a full time job in itself so how is this woman expected to do her work as well. It's good that they are supporting her but it doesn't take into account the work environment for other people. At the end of the day she is either well enough to work or she isn't, I know that sounds harsh but bringing a baby to work is ridiculous in my opinion. I really feel for you in this situation, my view would be to speak to your line manager if you are able to. Good luck x

Hi to everyone else :flower:

Omg, I remember being so upset when people brought their babies in for just a visit so I can't imagine what you will feel to have to work with one & I'm not being funny but unless she has the best baby in the world she won't be able to get any work done & neither will anyone else! I congratulate myself if I shower & have lunch in the same day lol!

What a silly idea!

:hugs:

Jamie- Fab news on all your embies and a 5 day transfer is great news x

Bugs- Glad spotting has reduced and hope you get wonderful news at your scan so you can start to enjoy this longed for pregnancy. You get lots of rest! x

Lisa- Thank you. I do believe in fate, so im sure something will come up if its meant to be x

Lindy- Any signs yet?? im getting excited for you now! can't wait to see a pic! x

MrsE- How are you doing? thinking of you x

Jules- Hope all is well with you? x

Gemz- I am sorry your having a sad day. Thinking of you and stay strong. Better things to come. I never got the job cos they would of called by 5 yesterday if i had it. I am disappointed but as i said, i believe in fate x

Babydust- Nice to see you with us ;-) i cannot believe that legally your firm is allowed to let a baby be there during working hours. I would take it up with HR and if no joy there, id be asking the CAB about it. Deffo not right in my eyes in any way at all x

Hi Susie, Bear, JH, melbram and all the gang xxx

Hi ladies sorry I've not been on for a few days. I'm trying to catch up so will do my best on my phone!

Gemz - so sorry you didn't get you BFP either - it's crap and unfair, devastating and every other emotion but we do get past it somehow and get ready to start over again. Just take you time and don't do it until you feel ready.

Jamie - that's a great number and I'm sure you will have you BFP in that crop.

Bugs - Glad you're doing we'll just wish I was doing the wait with you but alas again it wasn't to be. Good luck for your scan x

Babydust - WTF?!?! Seriously how will anyone be able to work with a baby crying or gurgling - what idiot thought that was a good plan!?! The mind boggles but I do feel so sorry for you x

AQ sorry you didn't get the job but the perfect job is just around the corner waiting for you just keep positive an moving forward.

Hi to everyone else and new joiners x

Afm - just been to see my consultant and he's had a conversation with the embryologist and they were debating a couple of things : genetic screening, fresh cycle or frozen cycle. Basically cos we only have 1 frozen embie he doesn't think having genetic screening will increase our chances of full term pregnancy. He knows there is nothing internally with my uterus after my hysteroscopy. A fresh cycle is pointless when I have a frozen blasto because they will still only put one back. He did say there appears to be not an egg or sperm problem so even with my zero AMH he said you produce good quality eggs. So he thinks even though we've done all the immune tests available that they know about but cos I have a thyroid issue there is a small chance that it may affect implantation so would suggest asprin (I was on that this cycle) and some steroids to suppress any immune issues that may exist. So I'm waiting at least a couple of months before doing the FET. So that's the update from me. Trying to focus on getting fit again, losing more weight if I can and not focusing on ivf for a couple of months x

MrsE- I am glad that your consultant is looking into everything for you for your next FET or fresh cycle. I am going to ask about a few things on our next appt on the 19th at the hewitt as we have had 2 failed cycles now and although we only got 2 embies they were both good grade and my op last wk showed no issues with my womb that they can see, unless the biopsy results show something but unlikely xxx

MrsE I really think it was the intralipids and steroids that did it for me. Did you have the full panel of immune tests done. I have heard of some women having intralipids anyway as I don't think they can do any harm it's just yet more money.

It's really good that your focusing on moving forward that was always how I got through it by looking at our next steps well that & vodka !!!

Would you consider going abroad, on the fertility friends website there's a lot of information about a clinic called Serum and it's so much cheaper and they do full immunes, I think it's in Prague xxxx

Oh girls I need to step away from Google, still spotting it's really strange coz it doesn't happen at night and there's nothing when I wake up and then when I go for a no 2 it starts and stops all day. I asked if I could have my scan tomorrow instead but they're fully booked up so just got to get through the next few days !!!!

Bugs hopefully be nothing to worry about and still be of transplantation,

I need to ask a question and can't bring myself to ask any one else, just a yes or no will do if you don't want to answer, but was everyone ok going to the toilet whilst on the treatment of pessaries? X

Well known side effect of progesterone, I'm still struggling now. I started taking fybogel but by far the best solution is prune juice. A small glass in the morning will have you moving in no time xxx

Jamie - ha, ha yes it happens to most people I started drinking pomegranate and apple juice mixed - get the no added sugar ones though if you can. Plus plenty of nuts, seeds and lentils. It all helps.

Bugs - yes I've had all the immune tests done and everything was clear. I think this is more a well it can't harm me and may help thing. He's not suggesting interplid but steroids to suppress any immune issues that cannot be picked up in test that currently exisit. As he was saying there are tests developing all the time. I'm not inclined to go abroad at the moment or give up on my own eggs just yet. Fingers crossed we will get a good sticky one!

Sounds nasty, haha I think I have the opposite effect, I'm getting a bit of an iffy tummy I think, and (far to tmi but I'm ok through a computer screen) when I do go the toilet it seems to have a whitish coating on.. Sorry girls x

Yeah I think I had that too on the pessaries, maybe alternate which way you put them. Although you have to put them rectally for the day of your transfer xxx

MrsE the steroids are definitely worth a try, we had in our minds that we would maybe go abroad for another go using my own eggs and then maybe consider donor eggs at that point. It's so hard to know what to do for the best xxxx

Jamie- I had that yucky white discharge but kept taking them as bum bullets :)

Jamie I was exactly the same, very loose!!! Sorry way tmi!!!! x

Bugs from what you describe it sounds highly highly unlikely to be anything to worry about. Sorry they couldn't bring your scan forward, it must feel like an eternity until Monday!! It will come quick enough though, try and stay away from google, easier said than done i know. I googled everything during pregnancy and I swear it nearly made me ill with worry. Remember as well that a lot of stuff online is 'worst case scenario'! x

Lindy any signs yet???? x

Yep! I was the same! Especially the first week then it settled down!

Bugs - try not to worry! A friend bled the entire time until about 5 months gone! She didn't even find out she was pregnant until she was 13 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->