IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ah bugs, :hugs: I was the same, I spotted more only during the day & usually after a bowel movement. If you think about what happens when you go to the loo, you are pushing & the muscles in your foof are also pushing even though you're not attempting to use these muscles. Its why it's easier to see what type of CM you have while TTC after a bowel movement as the pushing motion forces everything out.

Theres a lot going on in that area at the moment, cervix closing over, little eggy snuggling in nice & tight. On my scan it was very clear to see the haematoma it was larger than the foetus. People think that the egg just snuggles in to a nice open uterus wall but in reality it has to force its way in there & can cause tears on the lining which causes the small amounts of spotting. It could also be old blood shedding but it is so so so common, I can't stress this enough.

Unless it's accompanied by cramps (which again are common in early pregnancy) or a severe pain around the ovary area I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Really hope that you can relax a little over the weekend & have a fab scan at the beginning of next week :hugs:

xx

Hi girls
Can anyone give me a heads up on the PIE? I.e what it is how long you have to wait etc
I'm getting impatient for the letter to arrive

Lmh it's within 4-6 weeks for an appointment and then within 12 weeks for treatment to start provided all your tests are ok

Haha lindy ive just snorted sparkling water through my nose,
My PIE was held by Mr Kingsland with one of the nurses an a counsellor, he gave the 20 or so couples there the low down on what to expect, what they expected from us as patients, how the treatment would take shape etc and there is an opportunity to ask any questions at the end. You should be given an information pack if you haven't already got one which gives you lots of info to process and of course because you can't start any treatment before you've attended this Patient Information Evening it's the "start" of your journey. You may also be given forms and or dates for bloods if they haven't already been taken (ours had but we still ha to go back and do more) and consent forms will be part of the pack you're given, they tell you what you need to do with those. Then they book you in, ours was about 4 weeks and it flies by after that,

Hope your feeling better bugs, and hope the rest of you are ok x

Hi everyone.
Bugs- i'm sure everything is ok and that emby is just getting comfy for the next 8 months. I hope the weekend goes quickly for you and you get the reassurance you need when you go for your scan.
Jamie - Pessaries sound lovely! Im dreading that part, if i get that far!
LMHiggins - I got my Pie invite about 10 days or so after i filled out the funding questionnaire. Pie was a couple of weeks after that. I then had my blood tests two weeks after that. Unfortunately i had to repeat the prolactin test so it was about 6 weeks after doing the repeat that i had my consultation. I think though the christmas period delayed this slightly.

Quick question - has anyone tried fertility Yoga? Just bought a DVD which i am going to do over the next few weeks.

Thanks Lisa, I've done another test this evening that's showing 3+ now so pleased my levels seem to be rising I would just feel so much better if the spotting stopped. I think I've had every shade of bleeding now. The only thing that comforts me is I'm not having cramps so fingers crossed it's just my body adjusting xxx

LMHiggins sorry I can't help with the PIE we were private for all our cycles so I didn't go to a PIE, hope it comes through quick for you xxx

They're not that bad, just different ha! I'm sure ill get used to them, just like the daily needles, I hated them but I am now a pro injecter :) sorry to make them sound bad, I am a bit of a worrier, that's why I love this forum because I know at leat one of the ladies would of had the same symptom and there all so lovely and caring x

Bugs- Lots of:hugs: i know how hard this is for you, but i am eagerly awaiting this scan with you :happydance: cannot wait to hear your news about how amazing seeing a tiny hb was:cloud9: x

Jamie- I was the same as you with the bum bullets. The things we have to do eh?! haha x

Lovetoeatcake- Nope not tried yoga but it is supposed to relax body and mind so cant harm can it:winkwink: x

Lindy- Any sign of this lil buba yet? x

Hi to Lmh, lisa, gemz, susie and the gang x

Yey bugs- hormones still rising :) looking promising. Xx :thumbup:

AQ- no sign yet. Debating whether to agree to sweep on Monday. I'm not impatient but would rather not be induced! When do you start bext cycle

:hug: to all you lovely ladies

Hey LM just wanted to respond as me and DH are at a very similar point to you.

We had our letter/paperwork through about funding approx two weeks after the consultation when we were told we'd need ivf (the consultant told us it could take up to 6 weeks to get paperwork and even gave us a number for his secretary in case we hadn't heard anything). We sent it back the same day and got the ok through 4 days later (including a weekend!)

We received our invite to PIE 10 days/ 2 weeks later, and it was for two weeks away (does that make sense?!)

Hope this is helpful/what you were asking. I think everyone says the PIE is the first proper step (although it feels like you've already loads of appointments!) so it feels like we're getting started now. :happydance:

Hey LM just wanted to respond as me and DH are at a very similar point to you.

We had our letter/paperwork through about funding approx two weeks after the consultation when we were told we'd need ivf (the consultant told us it could take up to 6 weeks to get paperwork and even gave us a number for his secretary in case we hadn't heard anything). We sent it back the same day and got the ok through 4 days later (including a weekend!)

We received our invite to PIE 10 days/ 2 weeks later, and it was for two weeks away (does that make sense?!)

Hope this is helpful/what you were asking. I think everyone says the PIE is the first proper step (although it feels like you've already loads of appointments!) so it feels like we're getting started now. :happydance:

Thanks bear really appreciate the heads up just eager to get started now. I've for annual leave to take in work by end of march I was wondering if it was worth saving some but based on what you said I think I may just use them now

LM Higgins - If you havent had your bloods done, i would say it was unlikely that you will be starting by the end of March, but you never know!

Question - How long does the injecting process take all together? I think i will start around the 4 March. We are thinking of having a day or two away for my OH's birthday at the beginning of April. We should be ok to go shouldn't we? Also i think day 1 of my cycle is going to be on Sunday. I cant ring up to start on a sunday can i, so i will have to ring on Monday which will be day 2? Is this right? Everything the nurse said has become a blur.

Are you doing the long protocol or the short protocol xxx

I started my buserelin on the 6/1 then started the fostimon on 24/1 and stopped them both on 3/2, sorry can't help you with days my AF was on a weekday, I'd say yes you should be ok to go away, not abroad though?
X

Lindy- I would opt for the sweep to get things going but i am very impatient and by the stage your at, feel i would of waited looong enough! haha. Good luck! We are starting again end of March. Don't know exact dates as AF is irregular between 27-30 days so sometime end of march :) x

Lovetoeatcake- Like bugs said, it depends on what protocol your on. They don't like you to travel abroad whilst stimming incase of OHSS but a break away in the UK will be fine and will do you the world of good x

Lmh- Usually if there are no delays (such as lack of rubella immunity like i had), you would most likely start your cycle within 4-6wks of PIE. It depends on date of next AF after PIE etc. It all goes very quickly after PIE x

Hi to bear, Jamie, Susie, Lisa, Cvaeh, Melbram, MrsE and all the gang xxx

AQ- that isn't long at all till your next go. Lots of relaxation and chilling out... And sneaky odd glass of wine ;) Dh wants a curry tonight, and has picked up some pineapple.... Think somebody is getting impatient :D

I've just received my approval letter in the post today, we haven't completed any forms ourselves is this normal ?

Thaks for the info AQ.
Lindy - ooh exciting stuff, think i would go for the sweep too.
LM- What does the letter say? You usually get most of the forms to fill in at PIE anyway. You take them home and fill them in when you have your appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->