IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Aw bugs I can still remember when the same thing happened to me it's truly devastating when you have jumped every hurdle but as the ladies say don't lose hope just yet. I'm soooo soooo sorry you are going through this it's incredibly tough and you are an inspiration to many people on this forum and we're all here for you. Sending you a big group hug from us all. I'm sure you will be in all out prayers over the coming days and weeks. Stay strong xxx

Bugs- Sorry it wasn't good news today but don't give up if your hcg is normal range your little embryo may still be fighting x x x

Sorry to hear that bugs, I hope everything works out for you and you do have a little embie fighter xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok,
I have been reading up about post egg transfers and nearly every one says that your not allowed to have baths, but I've had 2 quite hot baths since... X

They advise no baths after transfer to avoid raising your body temperature also no hot water bottles. Whether it makes a difference or not who knows don't beat yourself up over it and stick to showers xxxx

Jamie to follow on from bugs, a bath is fine as long as its warm and not boiling hot. Try not to worry so much - I know they don't advise it but years ago all our patents had baths and not showers

Bugs hope your feeling. Bit better. Try and stay positive, it's not over yet - might be a slow starter. I don't want to give you false hope but your still pregnant as of now - keep hold of those positive vibes, sending you lots of hugs

Afm well appointment didn't quite go as expected. Turned out the doctor wanted to go through a couple of options with me before I have my pre op assessment (hence why it was cancelled last time as he didn't have a chance to discuss with me) pre op is Friday so ill find out then what date my op is

They're going to open up the tubes,clean away fluid, check the endometrial tissue, lap & due and laser what he thinks is endo on my right hand side near the appendix. They'll be keeping me in though as I have a higher chance of infection, I'll be given in antibiotics in surgery to minimise that risk thou.

The main risk thou, is that I may have to have one or both tubes removed if I have a bleed and they can't be repaired, such a hard thing to get to grips with. I'll also have a tv scan at some point, I'll find out on Friday when

Big hugs to all the gang x x x

Gemz- I can understand you feeling nervous but if you did have both tubes removed you would be no worse off as regards the stage you are at in your life. You are needing IVF with the tubes, and would be same without. If they open the tubes etc there is a huge risk of scar tissue which majorly increases chances of ectopic pregnancy, so i am surprised they have said they will do this to be honest, but im sure they have their reasons. Hope all goes well next week and you get your op date so you can get a rough idea of when you will be starting your next cycle xxx

Hey AQ I was a bit shocked too - didn't think they would have done this, they've opted for it though as the HSG showed fluid coming out, so they think its only minimal tubal damage although won't know for certain till I'm opened up. It won't change us needing IVF, but it does mean its more likely to be successful as the fluid can be toxic to embryos - does that make sense?

Yes Gemz i know what you mean, fluid in the tubes is known as hydrosalpinx i think? That is why you would actually be better off without the tubes, as obviously no chance of the fluid affecting embies or chance of a ectopic which is slightly higher in IVF for some reason. Obviously they are the professionals and know what they are doing though so lots of luck with the surgery and it is all baby steps for you ;-) xxx

Thanks AQ, sorry I should have been clearer - just read post and realised where you are coming from. Yep haldros in both tubes, but as the fluid (or dye really!) did go out, just delayed he seems to think there's a slight blockage which if drained means that its better for our IVF to work - as I'm reluctant to go for the option of removal even though I know it's unlikely we'll get pregnant naturally

How you feeling anyway? When is your FU?

Just been catching up on posts but gone blank after reading!!

Bugs- sending you massive hugs and hoping you get good news tomorrow. Will say my prayers.

Thinking of all you ladies and keeping you in my prayers. Xxxx

Been checking in to see if everyone's ok, thinking of you all,
Quick question for any one who knows, because this is my first time I'm not sure why to expect, I am 2 days past 5dt and have been having shooting pains in my chest and ovaries( I think) felt really swollen and painful, but now I'm feeling a bit short of breath, I'm trying not to think about it because I think I make it worse when I do, but my breathing has deffinately changed??

Hi Jamie how are you feeling this morning? It's normal to get some aches and twinges around your ovarys however if you are having pains in chest etc, or any issues with breathing i would ring the clinic to be on the safe side. I'm sure all is ok tho. Keep us updated xx

Hi Jamie, as susie said its completely normal to feel pain around your ovaries, average you've had them stimulated in a way that doesn't normally happen naturally.

The chest pains though are not something you would associated normally with IVF. It's probably nothing (we're all anxious at that stage) but I would check either with your GP or the HC

Hope your feeling better now x x x x

Just at the clinic getting bloods won't know results till later.

Jamie definitely ring the clinic chest pains and shortness of breath is a symptom of OHSS and you should get checked out just to be on the safe side xxxx

Jamie - I would deffo ring the clinic. Hope you are ok.
Bugs - thinking of you. I have my fingers crossed for good news. X

Jamie, hope your ok now, have you rang the clinic?

Bugs thinking of you fx everything goes well x x x

I've not rang the clinic as I would feel a bit silly if they said it was wind or something ha, I've had no pains today, and I've noticed my breathing a lot more but only when I'm not doing anything, thank god I'm in work otherwise I could drive myself nuts,

Bugs I hope your ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->