IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Bugs sending you :hugs: Still praying for a little fighter there but understand you cannot get your hopes up. Xxxxxx have they done more bloods?

Thanks girls, no point in bloods because a blighted ovum means you will still produce hcg so only the ultrasounds will give us answers now xxxx

So sorry bugs :hugs: Hoping with all my heart that there is a positive outcome. Life's just not fair sometimes xxxx

Ow bugs I was so hoping that you would get the good news today. I know how you feel I was in limbo with positive for nearly 4 weeks before I eventually mc so fingers crossed you have a little baba inthe next scan.

It's such a heartbreaking process it's so unfair that some of us have to go through this whilst others get pregnant at the drop of a hat.

Thinking of you Bugs xx

AQ - well they say no news is good news at least they are giving it due consideration this time and fx it's yes!

Afm - finally got the costs through for the drugs and frozen cycle looks like will be around £1,600 which is a tad better than £6k all in with extra for Blasto and freezing! Hoping to get some of the storage money back cos we paid upfront for 2 years which clearly we won't be using. Will give them a call on weds when I'm not in work

Jamie - not long now!!

Mrse wow that's much better financially for you. Hope you do get that money back to quote Asda / Tesco who ever says it now, every little helps :)

Afm well AQ turned out to be wrong, AF showed her horrible little head this afternoon:(

Thanks Lindy

Quick update from me, medicash has been in touch and apparently they'll find 60% of it and all the diagnostic tests involved eg bloods, scans etc so just working out now total cost and whether to do it, we've agreed that if its costs us more than 800 we will wait even thou its annoying

How you feeling today bugs x x x

Bugs- So sorry you are still in limbo. So not fair! really hope you have a little fighter there although i know things arent looking great, miracles can happen and i hope one happens for you and your bean x

Gemz- Sorry AF showed x

Hi to everyone else. x

AFM- Feeling very sad ladies as one of my oldest friends passed away suddenly yesterday. She would of been 34 next wk and leaves behind two children. I am very down. Went for appt with Mr K today and he has booked us in for a private consultation for 18th March but gave us his email address to get in touch with him if we manage to secure funding before then and he will change us over to a NHS appt, although he did say there is a little waiting list for a NHS appt with him so could mean we would have to start later and we are raring to go now so dont know what to do. May email him and ask him can he pencil us in for a NHS appt but obviously il cancel it if we dont secure funding, if that makes sense? xxx

:hugs: AQ. :hugs: I would have an nhs appointment made just in case. If not needed I'm sure it will be filled quickly. Xxx

MrsE- Thats good that the price is a lot more reasonable. Hope you get some of that money back. Any ideas on when you will be doing the FET?
Gemz - agains thats good that they can fund 60% of the costs. Hope it isn't more than £800.
AQ- That's very sad news about your friend, i'm so sorry 34 is so very young. I hope you are ok? I hope your funding news comes through soon as well. If i were you i would make an NHS appointment. You can always cancel it.

Seems so much of all this depends on money. x

AQ so sorry to hear about your friend. 34 is no age these days. Thoughts are with you. I'd make an NHS appointment if you can anyway. The time it takes to see dr Kingsland is very long (usually 2-3 months) so it wouldn't hurt.

Been back in touch wi medicash, and its not as good as first thought. Wouldn't cover cost of bed, which is 300 quid extra and wouldn't cover the IV antibiotics neither - wonders why I pay for it now. Would work out at 1400ish so I'm going to sit it out on the waiting list and pray for cancellation. Have already phoned admissions bugging them to see what happens and when.

Bugs and Mrse how you both feeling today?

Lovetoeatcake - it's not fair is it? I read a story that really annoyed me today about a woman who has had 11 children and is getting a 6 bedroom house built for her by her local council. Really annoyed me as its costing them 400k and we have to pay to achieve our dream. Where is the justice

On another note, duchess of Cambridge made the news today showing off her bump. Rally wanted a little cry that it wasn't us yet. Gonna be a long couple of months I think x x x x

Thanks ladies. Feeling quite numb this evening. Doesnt seem real at all. Im sure the funeral will change that.

I emailed Mr K before and he replied within 5 mins to say not to worry, he will make sure he fits me in before end of March if we win the appeal so feeling more calm now as all avenues are covered xxx

Hi girls
How is everyone ?
Well my PIE letter finally arrived today for the 5th march, my reaction was humph another 2 weeks wait so my husband gave me a little telling off to stop being so impatient. Date will be alittle strange as its also the anniversary of my mother in law passing away (maybe that's a good sign)

AQ sorry to hear about your friend similar thing happened to me this time last year not nice is it ?

P.s did anyone see Mr Kingsland on BBC breakfast this morning? I've not met him yet but seems like a really lovely guy

Africa- sorry to hear your sad news. my thoughts are with you x x

Hi girls haven't been on for a couple of days because been having real bad period type ache, sore back and headaches so I told my self I needed to stay of the Internet completely,
Bugs I'm sorry your still in limbo and didn't get the news you wanted,
AQ sorry about your friend, life is so unfair
Sorry for lack of personals, I just sneaked on on my phone
X

Oh Jamie, sorry sweetie that your in pain. Doesn't mean that AF is coming.

Lovetoeatcake I know it's tiring waiting but it'll come soon enough

AQ good news from Mr K at least

LMH didn't see that - what was he on tv for?

Bugs: Cant believe you are still in limbo and have now definate answer cant imagine the frustration your are going through - big hugs

AQ: so sorry to hear about your friend :( glad things are moving along for you not long now and we will be cycling again

Jamie: not long until you can test I have everything crossed for you

AF arrived..on the Sunday but I didnt ring until yesterday - Start down regging on the 11th March - eek back on the rollercoaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->