IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

AQ of you haven't paid then they won't do anything with the script but if you do go with a different chemist don't hang around coz you'll need to get a signed private prescription from the women's and from my experience with them that may take a few days you'll then post that to whoever you use and they take payment and arrange delivery xxx

Oh AQ. Massive hugs, :hugs: it's outrageous how expensive it all is, if you ever consider doing a car boot sale or anything I have lots of things I'd be happy to donate for you. If I ever get round to actually selling them myself I'd also be happy to put the funds raised towards your drugs... I hope you aren't offended at all by that but I am serious, lots of DVDs CDs, many unused baby clothes (but you could also have these once you get your :bfp: )
I am so sorry for all you are going through & still would love to meet up for a drink.

Best of luck to everyone else & those that are PUPO, hope you get your :bfp: very soon.

Xx

Well it was a bfn for me. Not even a sniff of a second line. Kind of knew it would be but still totally gutted and we still have the massive black hole in our life x x

Oh cvaeh :hugs: I have no idea what to say... It's just not fair... Nowhere near fair, I'm really sorry :hugs:
x

So sorry to hear your news cveah, don't know what to say, but sending :hugs: x

Bugs- Does that apply even though i have paid in full for the ICSI? finance said they would be faxing my script through to pharmasure and that they would call me directly tomorrow for payment? im defo going to ask our GP about help with costs as seems a few people have managed to get some joy so worth a go eh x

Lisa- Ah your post was so lovely! thank you so much. I am touched. Honestly don't know what i would do without you ladies and defo yes to the coffee! x

Lindy- Yes deffo up for a meet up. Would be lovely. I am free anytime during the week so arrange a date that suits all and il be there :) x

Cvaeh - :cry::hugs: Words fail me. I am sat here in tears for you. I am so so sorry this journey is so difficult for some of us, esp you and bugs:nope: im here if you need to talk. x

They might have faxed your script but they won't dispense it till you've paid so when they ring just tell them you'll call back when you can pay but if it's cheaper elsewhere just ring the women's and ask for a private prescription.

Cvaeh I'm so sorry it wasn't your time. We will get there we haven't had it easy but that's what will make us amazing parents one day. It's just a case of persevering and finding the right way. If our next go doesn't work I'm straight to donor eggs abroad not the way I planned it but it's another option xxx

Cvaeh, I'm really sorry sweetheart. You really don't deserve a fail. I know it's hard but stay positive we're ally thinking of you. Anything I can do let me now. I'm sure it will e your time for a BFP and healthy pregnancy soon x x x

AQ can't help with the drugs I'm afraid, but I know there was an article in the echo not that long ago that Asda where doing fertility drugs really cheap. Might one to give them a try x x x

Lindy, a coffee sounds a fab idea! Maybe after Easter? X x x

Cvah- massive hugs to you. It's heartbreaking waiting for that second line. Sending you love. Xx

What about a Wednesday after Easter. Any suggestions for a nice place for coffee? Xx

(AQ- count me in if you want stuff for car boot. ) xx

Cvaeh I'm so so sorry, sending hugs to you and your oh :hugs::hugs: xx

AQ sorry you had a crap day, men just don't think the same way as women and can be really useless in situations like this. We are all here for you. And btw I saw 2 magpies again yesterday!!

Count me in for coffee and car boots! I'm not back to work till may so free during the week xx

Cvaeh - I am so sorry. Try and stay strong and as Bugs says, one day you will both be absolutely amazing parents.
Bugs - Again im so sorry for what you are going through right now and i really hope the counselling helps you.
AQ - Grr that is so maddening!!! Why won't the insurance company pay out? Why are the drugs so expensive! And why oh why are men so useless! Try and keep positive hun, you are going to need it for your cycle. x
MrsE- lots of luck with your interview next week!
Lisa - what a lovely gesture. I have lots of stuff for a car boot sale as well if needed!

Hi to everyone else. x

Thanks for support girls. Means the world xxx

Lindy- Yes a wed after Easter sounds fab to me! if everyone else agrees just name the date and il be there. There is actually a coffee shop called 'central perk' in Liverpool that is supposed to be a exact replica of the one in friends which could be nice?? not sure where it is but think its by hatton gardens x

Thanks to all the girls offering stuff for a car boot sale. Really appreciate the kindness so much! i may well do one soon once weather gets bit better xxx

Well girls, i have been to see our GP this morning and asked her for help with supplying some of the meds on a NHS script to try and reduce costs. She has to consult with the practice manager and the senior partner but said she will let me know by tomorrow lunch time as she knows time is of the essence right now and if they cant do it, i need to call pharmasure back and pay them the £1550 :( i did call the hewitt to ask for script details so i can email to get a quote from 'healthcare at home' and they point blank refused and said i HAVE to use their supplier so they know its the real deal?! i thought you could source meds from other companies but apparently not. She obviously said its fine if my GP wants to pick up the bill but aside from that has to be pharmasure xxx

Lets hope your GP can do something. It must be such a shock when you have an amount in your head and suddenly its £350 dearer. Xx

Hi girls, have I slept for 9 months and now it's winter? This weather. Is mental! Hope everyone is doing ok!

Harley how you getting on with 2ww?

AQ any news from GP?

AQ- fingers crossed your go can help with the cost of the meds :)

I'm trying not to symptom spot..... It's hard trying to resist googling! I had a terrible day in work, and my boss is soooo not supportive, we're in the middle of buying a house, so I asked to take 2 days annual leave after Easter to move and she said yes.... But she can't understand why I need 2 days!!!

Ironically my tummy has swollen so I look 6 months pregnant :( have been trying to hide it in work with big cardis as if even 1 person asked 'when's it due?' I would explode! Maybe a tad hormonal ATM lol.

Big hugs to all :)

Not till next Friday, bet this week will drag! We know the person we are buying the house from, so hopefully they will let us start moving some bits and pieces next Friday, it will be a strange day. I'm crossing my fingers for the old saying of 'new house, new baby' even though I feel like smacking all the well meaning relatives that have been saying that (not knowing about our journey)! I'm a horrible person today! X

Girls- Our lovely GP has decided to fund the entire cost of the meds and gave me a NHS script earlier with relevant meds on it!!!! I am over the moon! i am now able to give my dad back the extra money he gave us and we have a bit of cash left over incase we are lucky enough to get a frostie this time around :) This is the 1st time in a long time we have had any luck so i feel very thankful and ended up nearly crying in GP's surgery! she ended up hugging me and telling me how much she wants this to work. Very emotional day! so relieved and i just cannot wait to get started now! whoop whoop! xxx

Girls- Our lovely GP has decided to fund the entire cost of the meds and gave me a NHS script earlier with relevant meds on it!!!! I am over the moon! i am now able to give my dad back the extra money he gave us and we have a bit of cash left over incase we are lucky enough to get a frostie this time around :) This is the 1st time in a long time we have had any luck so i feel very thankful and ended up nearly crying in GP's surgery! she ended up hugging me and telling me how much she wants this to work. Very emotional day! so relieved and i just cannot wait to get started now! whoop whoop! xxx

Fantastic news Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"