IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Girls- Our lovely GP has decided to fund the entire cost of the meds and gave me a NHS script earlier with relevant meds on it!!!! I am over the moon! i am now able to give my dad back the extra money he gave us and we have a bit of cash left over incase we are lucky enough to get a frostie this time around :) This is the 1st time in a long time we have had any luck so i feel very thankful and ended up nearly crying in GP's surgery! she ended up hugging me and telling me how much she wants this to work. Very emotional day! so relieved and i just cannot wait to get started now! whoop whoop! xxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Couldn't be more thrilled!!!! (Until you get your BFP :winkwink:) xxxxxxx

Wow Africa your gp is amazing!!! :happydance: Sooo please for you :)

Harley :hugs: hope this week goes quick for you

What is with this weather???? Xx

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:yipee: AQ - about time you had some luck :yipee:

Ohhh I'm nearly crying here myself - your GP is an angel :dance:

xx

Thank you so much girls. All of you mean the world to me an get me through some awful times so its so nice to be able to share today's good news with you for a change and i am so appreciative of our lovely GP! She is a little angel xxx

AQ I'm really please you hot help with your drugs but really pissed off at the same time. This is where the postcode lottery strikes again. I asked my GP if they could help and they said no. No disrespect to you AQ because you absolutely deserve it after the time you've had but you'd think because we got no free treatment they could at least help with drugs !!! I also read on here recently that a lady had just got funding for ivf for her 2nd child. I must have dickhead written right across my forehead !!!!

Oh bugs that's terrible :hugs:

I presume you have told your GP that others have had the help, what did they say to that? It's really not fair at all that people are treated so differently!

x

Oh bugs that is do unfair. It really shouldn't be such a battle for everybody. Xxx

Bugs- As regards GP helping with funding the meds side of things, its nothing to do with the usual IVF postcode lottery as GP's can make the decision themselves on funding the drugs as long as the partners of the practice agree so it comes down to what sort of GP you have and we are lucky ours is right behind us all the way. I would look into changing docs before your next cycle and go and see them and ask for meds funding. It depends on the doc. Good luck! you defo deserve some help. Shocking about a woman who already has a child getting IVF funding really but then again i know a couple who got 2 fully funded cycles and she had 2 kids already. Her new partner had none so they appealed based on that. Not fair how much the rules vary from case to case xxx

Our doctor is really good but it is a pretty big practice so maybe the other doctors didn't agree but I'll definitely be writing to them again and I can use your case AQ if that's ok because at the time I just asked on the off chance coz I didn't know anyone who'd been successful. I hope that didn't come across as having a go at you AQ as I really didn't mean that. I know of people who've lied about their partners not having kids and got free treatment and if I'd have known that at the time I would have done the same thing !!!

Bugs, its a shitty system, but its better than what those in America, Australia and other countries get. It's not much but at least we get some support, chin up sweetie x x x

AQ said it on fb but I couldn't be more pleased for you. Fx this is the start of your good luck! Hopefully it comes in threes so you'll get your BFP and a frosties to boot

Snow by mine is getting worse! And to make matters worse hubby found out he didn't get the job (he had an interview today) would like him to get a break just not fair x x x

That's the problem though the Gemz we've had nothing from the NHS. I feel really let down by the whole system. I understand that my OH has kids but they are 21 and 18 so it's not like I can be a big part in them growing up as they are adults already. Probably just me being over sensitive roll on Tuesday for counselling !!!

Bugs I'm soo sorry. I'm really surprised you didn't get any funding, as I've heard of people in your situation get funding. It totally sucks, and I see the unfairness everyday as I work in the NHS. I'm sure counselling will help you develop a coping strategy - it has for me but in typical NHS style the waiting list was months, and I didn't want to go to the HC as its not just fertility issues that was causing my depression so I've ended up going private x x x

I got my counselling through work, it's only 6 sessions but I think that should be enough xx

That's good! We've got counselling at work too - with it being the NHS but I couldn't be seen for a while there too, in the end I thought 35 quid a session would be worth it

I've been chatting to AQ and I know the weekend is tough for a lot of people, so how about meeting up on Thursday 4th April - to anyone who fancies it. Could be just a coffee or a bite to eat what ever anyone fancies - what do you girls think x x x

Bugs- All of the partners and practice manager have to agree to the funding of the meds and if they have overstretched their 'budget' that could be a reason why they said no as it would put them in the red. Not that it should matter but some people are different to others. I am sorry your so annoyed. I understand fully. I just wish you had not told them at the start that your dh had kids or you would of got 2 cycles on the NHS like so many others do :( no fair at all. I didn't write a letter though, i just went and seen our gp and asked her to help. Maybe the informal approach works better and makes it seem not such a big deal? worth a shot but as i say, they all have to agree but can be done as i have proven that. It does appear to be rare that gp's are willing to do this though so i have been fortunate for once! lol x

Gemz- 4th of April sounds good to me so count me in :) x

AQ not that it makes much difference to you but it's also the end of the financial year soon, if they have too much surplus in the bank so to speak they have to give it back to central government - that's the way it works in our trust too x x

Ah well that could of helped sway the decision too then. Bugs- Worth seeing your GP in next couple of weeks and outcome maybe diff! xxx

4th April sounds good to me, my OH is off for half term so will be able to look after LO. Will be lovely to meet you all.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->