IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi everyone

AQ: sorry you were having such a rubbish time but glad to see you had a strike of luck with the GP - great news. You just waiting for AF then and away you go yes?

Harley? any news on test? everything crossed here for you

Caveah: so sorry the result wasnt positive for you it really does suck - big hugs comming your way :hugs:

Gems: how long after your lap will you be starting again? frostie this time yes?

afm: AF arrived yesterday - lots of pain, full of cold and have a cyst at the back of my throat which makes it painful to eat and causes earache - just dandy - hoping the cold buggers off want to be on top form starting stimms - base line on Wednesday x Not really having flushes like I was last time while DRg but I am quite moody but I just think people shoudl stop pissing me off :haha:

Snowed in here at the moment to - had to walk to work yesterday (booo) Im so unfiit and walking in the snow is hardwork - so dedicated to the job ;) for those of us who bothered to walk in were rewarded with a bacon bap :thumbup:

Jamie- Thank you :) How is your pregnancy going? x

Melbram- Thanks and lots of luck to you for stimming x

Gemz, Lindy, Lisa and gang- What time suits you for the coffee meet up? I am free anytime really. Lindy and i were discussing this yesterday and said that the 'central perk' cafe in town might be a nice idea? esp for fans of 'Friends' as its a replica of the one from the show x

AFM- I just went and put my script into the chemist and she said the cetrotide, proggesterone pessaries, HCG shot and all needles and syringes etc will be there on Monday but the meniopur(think that's spelt wrong, its a new brand the hc are using. Never had it before. Used menopur and fostimon previous cycles) needs to be sent direct from supplier so takes 4-5 working days. She said she will put urgent on the email but if worst comes to the worst il go and get it from supplier myself on thursday as they are based in Warrington. So its all systems go! I am mega excited! Going to meet the girls for a nice meal and few glasses of wine tonight to celebrate as dh is working. Later in the evening i am doing my sponsored ghost hunt in memory of my mum for the MNDA so cant wait! if anyone wants to sponsor me, please let me know and il send you the link to my just giving page ;) xxx

Hi all

Just a quick post from me.

Great news about getting your drugs from your drugs gp. Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

afm- not feeling great. It just seems to unfair that some people get kids in easily and don't even bother looking after them properly and here we are all struggling but would give them so much love and time. We may book a holiday over Easter just don't know whether we can afford it x x

Ah god Cvaeh i know exactly what you mean :(
I feel it for you and bugs more than anyone and i pray you both get your happiness soon. Life is so unfair. I hope you manage to fund a little break away as im sure will do you the world of good. Try and make our meet up after Easter as would be lovely to see you and we can all support eachother xxx

Jamie- Thank you :) How is your pregnancy going? x

Melbram- Thanks and lots of luck to you for stimming x

Gemz, Lindy, Lisa and gang- What time suits you for the coffee meet up? I am free anytime really. Lindy and i were discussing this yesterday and said that the 'central perk' cafe in town might be a nice idea? esp for fans of 'Friends' as its a replica of the one from the show x

AFM- I just went and put my script into the chemist and she said the cetrotide, proggesterone pessaries, HCG shot and all needles and syringes etc will be there on Monday but the meniopur(think that's spelt wrong, its a new brand the hc are using. Never had it before. Used menopur and fostimon previous cycles) needs to be sent direct from supplier so takes 4-5 working days. She said she will put urgent on the email but if worst comes to the worst il go and get it from supplier myself on thursday as they are based in Warrington. So its all systems go! I am mega excited! Going to meet the girls for a nice meal and few glasses of wine tonight to celebrate as dh is working. Later in the evening i am doing my sponsored ghost hunt in memory of my mum for the MNDA so cant wait! if anyone wants to sponsor me, please let me know and il send you the link to my just giving page ;) xxx

Enjoy your night out AQ- and before you start feeling guilty - HAVE YOUR WINE and enjoy it :thumbup: What is MNDA?
As for coffee, earliest I can get there is about 12-12:30. Heaven knows how I will ever manage getting in to work for 8:30 in a few months. Xx

Hi all

Just a quick post from me.

Great news about getting your drugs from your drugs gp. Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

afm- not feeling great. It just seems to unfair that some people get kids in easily and don't even bother looking after them properly and here we are all struggling but would give them so much love and time. We may book a holiday over Easter just don't know whether we can afford it x x

:hugs: it broke my heart seeing people stood outside the women's smoking and not caring about the baby they were carrying as I went into the HC. It is not strong enough to say it pissed me off massively and still does. :hugs:

When I was rushed to theatre after Thomas was born I was telling them I was so lucky and they thought I was nuts but explained that I knew I was lucky because knew how many women here would chop their arms off t trade places with me. That's not meant to sound naff- I just really am grateful and pray you all get there as you deserve it so much. Unless you have been there you don't understand, that's why this site and hopefully meeting for coffee helps us all :hugs:

Lindy I totally agree, I feel so lucky to be pregnant and at first I felt bad being on here, but I never got pregnant by mistake, I had to go through the tests the ivf and the drugs and the emotions, I just got lucky!
Been reading pick me up today and and there's a story of a lady who had tried for a baby for 14 years and she had pcos then she got used to the idea and one day found out she was 28 weeks pregnant! I know it's not the same as actually going through ivf but am I right lindy had a miracle natural baby? It can happen when you least expect it and I hope and prey each of you get your little miracle xx

Wow a lot has happened since i last popped my head in here!
AQ - All i can say is woop woop!! That amazing news hun, hopefully the good luck will continue this year for you and everyone else!
Bugs- I agree the whole system is unfair, everyone should be treated the same.
Cvaeh -I'm sorry you aren't feeling so great. It makes me so angry as well whenever we go to the Hewitt and there are heavily pregnant women outside smoking. They have absolutely no idea the struggle we go through and what we would do to be in their shoes.
Melbram - sorry you are feeling poorly. How long have you been downregging now? I am due my scan on Tuesday and apart from the odd headache and 1 night of feeling like my temperature had risen 100 degrees i have been ok. Starting to worry its not working because of the lack of side effects!

Hey does anyone know what the wait is like at the womens? We will be paying because I already have a daughter from a previous relationship. I'm torn between here and CARE Manchester but if the wait isn't too bad I would rather pay that bit extra to have treatment at the womens?

Hi Sarahlou I have had treatment at both clinics and would choose Care over the Women's even if it meant waiting a little longer. Although the Hewitt centre is ok my experience with Care was much better and although I'm not pregnant yet I'm confident they'll get me there. Good Luck with what you decide xxx

Melbram - sorry you are feeling poorly. How long have you been downregging now? I am due my scan on Tuesday and apart from the odd headache and 1 night of feeling like my temperature had risen 100 degrees i have been ok. Starting to worry its not working because of the lack of side effects![/QUOTE said:
started on the 11th March so two weeks tomorrow x When did you start? I remember panicking when on the stimms praying my follies were growing and ended up with 19 eggs :haha: Good luck for Tuesday x hope you can start yours stimms soon x

I officially hate the 2ww! Am half way through and am having horrible period type cramps which scare me and have turned into a major crank, poor hubby! Need to stop obsessing and step away from google. Hubby says 'what will be will be' which is as much use as a chocolate teapot lol! Hope all you ladies are well :)

Aww Harley i know the 2ww is a nightmare, but hate to say this - hubby is right ;) don't tell him i said that! haha. Nearly there xxx

Hey girls

Harley it'll soon I be over stay positive.

Just a quick one from me, I'm waiting to gonin the dentist, so one phone and can't see everyone's post - any time next Thursday is fine with me - coffe at central perk sounds cool x x x

Oh Harley. So sorry it's dragging. It'll be test day before you know it :thumbup:

& anytime on Thurs is fine for me too :yipee:

xx

Say the afternoonish? How about 2? I've never been there before do you need a reservation?

I can be there from 12 onwards so just let me know when everybody can get there! Exciting :)

Girls- I have never been either. Depends on numbers but if a lot of us are going it maybe best to book?? anytime is fine for me so il go with majority x

AFM- Very strange thing just happened, i was halfway through typing this and i heard a loud tweet coming from our kitchen (we live in a 1st floor flat) and it got louder and louder. I went outside to look up and we have a small hole near the boiler vent and as i looked up a young blackbird popped out of the hole, looked down at me and flew away... well just looked up possible meanings and found this...

Blackbirds

If you see two male blackbirds perching next to each other this means good luck, and if blackbirds nest near your house you will be lucky enough to look forward to a whole year of good fortune. Blackbirds are also regarded as the messengers of those who have died.

Feeling even more positive now. I was feeling very low just prior to this as i was thinking of my mum and how much i miss her xxx

Oh wow AQ. That's fab. Awwww cute little blackbird :dance:

I walk past central perk most days on my way into town from where I live, do you want me to pop in & ask if we'll need to book anything.

How many of us will there be?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"