IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi Melbram- no my first scan is the tenth day. That's strange!

Harley - fab news!!! Congratulations!!!!

Well thank you so much for your good luck, I think your baby dust may have paid off, I caved and tested early......Bfp! Still trying to be a bit cautious after last time, but we are thrilled :)

:happydance::happydance: congratulations Harley.

Harley- OMG!:happydance: Huge congrats!!:happydance: xxx

Girls- Does anyone else have a 'retroverted' (tilted womb) and worry about ET? I often wonder is that why previous cycles have failed?? i also wonder does it make a diff that the hewitt dont use ultrasound for ET??
I am still feeling very positive but also worried about this??
xxx

AQ- my worries were around ET because no us was used and thought a consultant/reg should do it. If I was you I would ask mr kingsland who would he doing it and would us be used and if it isn't ask why. You are paying a lot of money so want the little embie as snug as possible :)

Thank you for the lovely messages, it means a lot. Even hubby commented on how supportive and friendly everyone on the thread is (I think he wishes he had someone to talk to, but is a typical bloke so wouldn't open up even if he did!). X

Awwww Harley! Has he got a friend he could talk too!?

AQ your in the same position as me. For ET dr kingsland did mine, and I was knocked out as my cervix needed to be dilated - does that help? X x x

Harley :yipee: :dance: :happydance:

Sooooo pleased for you h&h 9 months :thumbup: & :dust:
xx

I think it's hard for men to talk about having trouble conceiving, but his boss actually went through all the investigations, they were lucky and clomid worked for them, but they do talk I think. You know what men are like! He is so chuffed though, he made a vow he'd put £20 in the charity box if we got a positive, he said he's relieved he didn't say the whole of his wages! Lol x

Gemz- Both my previous transfers were fine hun. Never felt a thing and Hilary did my transfers. Its not that that concerns me, its how do they know where they are releasing the embie without ultrasound? obviously we know women who got pregnant at the hewitt but i do often wonder. As regards transfer, Mr K said he would do it but that the nurses have a much higher success rate as its something they do all the time x

Harley- Aww bless dh. I think its hard for men. Unless its sports or ale they struggle to have a deep conversation. Glad you both got your happy news x

Mekiaussie- I think you have posted in the wrong thread hun ;) this thread is for women having IVF at liverpool womens hospital. Good luck with everything x

AFM- Well girls, AF is due tomorrow but no sign! wouldnt you know it?! lol. Going out for tea tonight with my dh and my dad and got a nice relaxed wkend planned in the hope il be having my scan asap! lol. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter xxx

Hi AF- I have a retroverted uterus. I may ask nearer the time. As you are paying, can't you specifically request an ultrasound? Hope AF arrives on time!

Loveto- Its difficult to perform a US on a woman with a retroverted uterus as they ask most women to have a full bladder for ET but if you have a retroverted uterus you get told to have a empty bladder and then obviously a US cannot be done. I will ask about it when i go for my baseline scan though xxx

AQ NICE reviewed a clinical trial not that long ago and it showed not difference in pregnancy rates. Hope that helps your worries.x x x

Bring your concerns up AQ. You have to feel confident spending all this money and investing yourself in it. Don't let any stone go unturned.

I didn't know that AQ! I will defo be asking about it when I go for my next scan. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->