IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Loveto- Yaaay! your almost there! i know its easier said than done, but EC is fine. I was terrified too but needlessly as you are fast asleep and wont feel a thing and as its deep sedation and not a GA, you wake up like you have had a good sleep so none of the nasty GA side effects. You will love Dr Ryan the 'sleepy juice man' too. Good luck! x

Hi to all the gang x

Woohoo cake that's so exciting! Egg collection is fine, the deep sedation is lovely, you feel all floaty and nice and when you wake up trey walk you back to your room and make you a nice cuppa and some biscuits - fab! I walked to town after and had some lunch with hubby, hope it all goes well and fingers crossed for loads of good eggies :)

Yay Africa! Bet you are sooooo glad to be on track again, ec again before you know it!

I finally own the new house, and we've moved in, just haven't unpacked yet, so living out of boxes we can't remember what each contains, fun times!

Love to all x

Harley- Aww glad you have moved in! true what they say in your case- New house, new baby ;) Hope you an your OH will be very happy in your new home xxx

Bloody hell im sure im losing the plot girls! did my needle before, drew it out an noticed a tiny bit of liquid still in the syringe and had a proper meltdown! also keep questioning if i am injecting myself 'properly' when i know i am cos done this twice before and obviously if im sticking the needle in my belly and when i withdraw it the liquid has gone, that speaks for itself! what is happening?! Aaaaaah its going to be a long few wks i think xxx

Thanks for the reassurance girls.
Aww that's so exciting for you Harley , new home and new baby. It's so lovely. X
AQ- that happened to me a couple of times and I panicked as well. Seen as everything went well at my scan that panic was for nothing, so I'm sure it makes no difference. X

Hey.. Brand new to all this... Been ttc for 2 years.. Been referred to Hewitt today.. Any tips on what to,expect? Thanks all x

Hi Victoria and welcome:flower:

Have you and your other half had all tests done etc to see what is causing your probs? xxx

loveto: Yay for EC on Monday - so exciting x Im back for rescan Monday with EC probs Wednesday x lots and lots of babydust comming your way x

Hi girls,

AQ I'm sure your getting on fine, don't worry you know your a pro at this, and this time I'm sure you'll get your BFP

Lovetoeatcake yey for egg collection on Monday, enjoy your needle free day tomorrow I'm sure

Welcome Victoria! How far along in the process are you? Have you had tests done, blood tests etc? Do you know the cause of your fertility issues? All those things depend on how long it takes.

Hi to everyone Leese x x x

Afm, well I've had a massive think, and long talks with both hubby and our counsellor. I've made a rather big decision I think, just need to check with out GP that we are still ok to do it. Will let you know how I get on Wednesday when we see her and will let you all know of the outcome.

Thanks Gemz.
Was a lot calmer tonight! haha. I am starting to get lil twinges in both ovaries! yaaay.
I think i know what your news is, if its to do with what we were talking about yesterday but inbox me on fb if u wanna chat xxx

Just a quick hello to everyone.
Melbram hope your scan today shows you are ready for your egg collection. What time you there?
Welcome to the forum Victoria, shouldn't be too long until you are invited to the Patient Information Evening.

Well afm just patiently waiting to leave for egg collection. Still scared despite all your reassurances, I just can't help it! Anyway wish me luck!!

Good luck Cake, hope you get lots of eggies. Enjoy the sedation, I did! Maybe i'm a wannabe druggie lol :) x

Loveto- Hope you got lots of healthy eggs! i LOVE the sedation! its a bit of release after all the stress leading up to EC x

AFM- Well i went for my day 5 scan today and have to say, the results arent great :( i have 5 follicles on the right with only one being 11.5 and the other 4 all well under 10. I also have a small cyst on there. On left side i only have 2 follicles. One is 10.5 and the other a lot smaller. The nurse said she wants to re-scan me on wed and go from there. Not to start cetrotide yet as the follicles are a lot smaller than they need to be to start that. Feeling very fed up. Still hopeful as all it takes is one egg, but very fed up. Just wanted a good result today as i am mentally worn out. I have decided if this cycle doesnt work, its end of the road for me in trying to have a biological child. I can't do this again. I am a shadow of myself. Its taken over my life. Anyway my fingers are crossed and many prayers will be said. xxx

Oh AQ it's still early days yet surely, try and keep positive. I was told follies grow about 2mm a day! Hope you are ok. Big hugs and thinking of you.

AFM I'm home from egg collection. Had the lovely happy juice man and Dr Russell did my collection. Worrying over nothing it was fine and got 14 eggs which I am over the moon about. Just got to get over the next hurdle now..the fertilisation report.

I also wanted to say just how lovely absolutely everyone is in that clinic, from the receptionist to the nurses, doctors and embryologist. Got nothing but good things to say about the Hewitt. No matter how this turns out.

Loveto- WOW that is a great amount of eggs! good luck for your fert report tomorrow! as regards me, yes it is early days but even at this stage they expect to see a lot better result considering how many amps i am on per day. Its down to fate now so all i can do is hope an pray we get better news on wed xxx

AQ are you doing anything else to try and grow those eggs? I really upped my protein including a glass of whey protein shake a day. I also used a hot water bottle every night. Lots of love to you. X

Loveto: Congrats on 14 eggies - FX for good report tomorrow - nailbitting stuff!

AQ: sorry to hear your follies arent all up to size at the mo but we all know anything can happen - keep strong x

AFM: EC will be Wedneday. OH needs to give his sample at 7.30 just waiting on a phone call as to when my EC will be because we are doing IMSI this time which takes longer to prep. Also had blood test done because of my OHSS risk - praying I get fresh transfer if I get that far x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->