IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

AQ not heard of that but was told to keep my fett warm to help fertility by acupuncturist. He said warm feet help - strangely I've always suffered with icy cold feet. No idea if it helped but I bought thermal socks ... would've done everything possible no matter how odd it sounded :D

AQ I used a hot water bottle most days of stims. Hope it goes well today.
Melbram good luck to you.

AFM - struggling today. I have what can only be described as really painful trapped wind. Is this normal and when can I expect it to go? Oh and I also started those pessary things last night and all I can say is eewww!!!!

AQ I didn't use a hot water bottle, but had a nice warm bath each evening as a reward to myself after the stimming injection. Good luck for today x

Cake, I had that too, and realllllly bad constipation (apologies TMI), but to be honest it hasn't gone and i'm still a bit constipated now. The pessaries/ suppositories are horrible, tbh I found it easier to use in the back than the front, no mess! Sorry TMI again lol :) x

Haha Harley thanks for letting me know. At least it's not just me. I was really scared of putting the pessaries up the back way, but now I have done it I will stick to that method as I imagine it can get messy the other way. Oh the things we have to do eh?

loveto- I had awful trapped wind too. Its usually the pessaries that cause it. I always use my the back passage as you don't have to lay down for 15 mins to let it absorb that way. Straight up and better. haha. Good luck x

Thanks for good luck wishes ladies. I am crapping bricks here! lol. I leave for the hewitt at 1.30 so i shall update as soon as i get home and i hope to god its with positive news xxx

GL AQ hope u get some good news x

Afm got 19 eggs same as last cycle x scared the nurses a bit by passing out as they took me back to my room lol took a while to feel normal and awake again this time x the big wait to the call tomorrow now. Also told will need to have scan this time before transfer if user that far to check for ohss give the trouble I had last time

Wow, lots of eggs! Well done Mel, hopefully you'll escape without developing ohss x

Has anyone seen the news that Sir Robert Edwards passed away today, sad day, and i'll say a little prayer for him and of thanks for the amazing work he and Dr Steptoe did in pioneering ivf for all of us ladies. The news said he died peacefully after a long illness, I hope he is at peace now x

Just read that online. He really will live on with all the little babies he has helped create and hopefully a lot more on here. What a marvellous legacy

Melbram- WONDERFUL news! 19 eggs! wow! didn't even manage 9 eggs between 2 cycles so 19 is amazing! best of luck for the call tomorrow! grow embies grow x

Aww what sad news about prof Edwards but as already been said, what a wonderful legacy he leaves behind x

AFM- Well had my day 7 scan and not great but a bit better than my day 5 one. I now have 9 follicles. On right side i have 6 follicles with largest being 10.5mm(the one they measured at 11.5 on monday is a cyst) the other 5 are all just under 10mm. On my left side i have 3 follicles with 2 just under 10mm and one at 14.5mm. So i am responding very slowly but things have improves since monday. I did my 1st cetrotide injection when i got home and will continue them each morning from tomorrow. I have a re-scan on Fri so really hoping for a few more decent sized follicles. I think i will end up stimming for a few extra days at this rate though xxx

AQ a lady on another page responded really slowly and stimmed for quite a while, got 2 eggs, both fertilised and put back at day 5 and resulted in pregnancy x keep the faith x

Lovetoeatcake I was the same as Harley so your not alone!

AQ glad things are slowly moving! Stay positive!

Afm still nothing new here twiddling thumbs really!

Melbram- Thanks! that is encouraging :) x

Gemz- Yeah slowly slowly catchy monkey with this one! lol x

AQ sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Melbram - great news on all those eggs! Hope you aren't feeling too sore.

AQ good news that you have follies and they are growing. Try not to dwell too much on the numbers, with a natural pregnancy it's just one egg, we just need that one little fighter in there! I ended up stimming for 3 extra days. Did you ask about the hot water bottle? xx

Melbram that's great news, fx you get a fresh transfer xx

Thanks girls. x

Susie- Ah no i forgot to ask about the hot water bottle! lol. Il ask on Friday when i go for my day 9 scan as im interested to see what they say. That's if i remember as IVF brain has well an truly kicked in! ha x

Had the call from the Hewitt already! Out of 19 eggs 14 were good enough for icsi and 7 have fertilised x looking at 5 day transfer so everything crossed I get that far this time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->