IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Cveah - I've been prescribed Prednisolone think its 5mg off top of my head. So guess likely that I will go all moon face. Does it disappear once you stop taking the drugs?

AQ I second bugs! If I ever win, I'll quite big, ill quite happily pay for IVF too!

Bugs can you buy your drugs abroad? Or is their restrictions on it? Might be cheaper in the states, or even Switzerland

Mrse you all ready for the rollercoster ?

Ps bugs, healthcare at home and fertility2u are supposed to be really good and quite reasonable if that helps x x x

I haven't got time to order them from anywhere else I need to start them this month so probably going to use central homecare.

MrsE I was on 3 mg of dex and I believe dex is much stronger than the ones you'll be on so you should be fine. And it did go down once I stopped taking them I was just a bit puffy xxx

Healthcare at home is one I've just used for the one injection I need which is due to arrive tomorrow! Cost £130 for one injection!

Gemz - yep not done a frozen cycle before so this is all new to me but I'm trying to get the right mix between being positive it will work and not wanting to be too certain so I'm not so gutted if it doesn't! But really we all know we're gutted when you get a bfn! So I'm a nut job already ha, ha! It all starts next Friday when I have my injection. I've asked how long until transfer and been told it will be 3 weeks of drugs before I'm ready. Anyone know if that sounds about right?

Hi to all the gang hope you are keeping warm in this rubbish wind and rain! Xxx

MrsE my friends just doing a FET and she's been told a few weeks till she's ready for transfer xxx

Mrse can't help you there I'm afraid, I've not had a frozen cycle yet so it's a learning curve for me too.

Bugs have you sorted out your holiday yet?

Cvaeh, I forgot to ask how your feeling now?

Lindy, how's the little one? X

I've gone slightly mad online shopping today - as the doctor said we have a chance of conceiving naturally, I've gone on a shopping bender, ovulation kits, naughty underwear, you name it i may have bought it! I think I'm officially bankrupt now. This being off work and doing nothing is driving me mad (work disabled my log in details so I can't access emails at work!). Pain is nearly manageable now, still on period thou :(

Hi to all the rest of the gang, hope everyone is doing as well as you can be hugs x x x

Yeah Gemz we're going to Fuertaventura on the 12th June for 2 weeks, can't wait xxx

Hi Gemz
Not feeling too bad thanks. I am a bit stressed at school as ofsted are due any day so am on tender hooks. Think our holiday did us wonders in April, was so relaxing and was like living in a bubble for a week. We went to the lakes at the weekend which was nice too. The thought of another cycle makes me feel sick but i know there is no other way and just hope we get a bit of luck this time. I kind of live my life in school half terms so once half term break has been it will feel close.

How are you feeling? I spent a fortune on kits in the days of trying naturally. I got a clear blue fertility monitor where you put the stick in a little machine and it tells you when hormones are rising before the lh surge. I gave up with it in the end as even if egg and sperm meet they do nothing and i can tell when ovulation is anyway. Hope trying naturally works for you!!!!

Hi to everyone else. Is anyone in contact with Del? She hasn't been on for a while x x x

Cvaeh, I know what you mean about OFSTED. Poor hubby went thru it not that long ago. He was really stressed. Currently doing gcse course work checks, its extra cash for us, which we're saving for our holiday. Looking at going cyprus, but I've warned him just because he's a history teacher doesn't mean he can drag me to every historical site! Problem being married to a teache rid that I'm restricted to half term dates too - so expensive to go away!

I had a look at that fertility monitor, but it was 80 quid, so I've just bought some normal ones, which were 30 quid for 40 tests. Give that a try first. Chances may be slim so not getting hopes up, but its got to be worth a shot if the doctor thinks so.

I can't imagine the rollercoster you have with school and IVF - fx this next cycle works for you x x x

Haven't heard from del neither, I've been wondering how she's doing

Hugs to all x x x

Gemz- is your husband still working away or did he manage to get a job round here? We went to Cyprus the year before last and loved it. I am more of a sun bathe and swim girl but heard there is lots of history to see!!! X x

Gemz just with regard to the ovulation tests, I don't know if you've used them before but I found it handy to keep the used ones to compare against the next day so that you can see the progression of the line, gross I know :sick:

But it really helped me to see when my ovulation was as sometimes you can miss the surge if you have a fast one & keeping the tests will at least show when it was darkest even if it doesn't go darker than the test line.

Also have a look at access diagnostics website, they do cheap ovulation tests but they work just as well as the shop ones, they just don't have the plastic covers, about £5 for about 20-30 tests (so you can pee on one more than once a day :rofl: )

Also I don't know if you've ever charted your body temperature, but I found this really helpful too. If you need any more info let me know.

I did all this for 2 years before tests showed my poor little eggy never got past the endometriosis!

Good luck & most of all have fun
xx

Cvaeh, no he's still down south. He's applied for what feels like hundreds of jobs! It's so comeptive though, and humanities jobs are so hard within the north west - there's very little movement here. He's been offered a job in Leeds which he's taken in the end. Not ideal but he's gonna be home 4 days a week and stay with our friends the other days. Better than what we've been thru for the past three years. It's a two year contract so better than nothing, and Leeds is only an hour away from Liverpool (we live right by the motorway) so I can easily pop across the days he's not coming down. Work have even aged to let me work from home or build up flexi time so we can see each other more which I thought was really nice of them. Where about in cyprus did you stay at?

Lisa, I've tried to chart my temperature in the past but didn't ever get anywhere. The ones I've ended up getting are the clearblue smiley face ones. It seemed nice and easy to use. I'm given us 6 months to try naturally, as I think that would be reasonable with everything that's gone on. Plus with the doctor saying that we have a chance however slim I'm hoping the lap will help - so I may end up in the same position as you. My mind is still spinning with it all, still don't think it's quite sunk in yet

Does anyone know what happens with regards to our NHS funding? We've had one go, with two frozen ones so I know we are entitled to use them, but if god forbid that they don't work or we don't conceive are we still entitled to another go (in line with our ccg - the new PCTs?) with my tubes being considered ok?

Ha ha Likkle - bet you've ordered 50 shades of grey as well ha ha! Thomas is doing great thanks. Getting big but I adore him. It was my birthday today and I said to my mum I can't believe how lucky I am. I really am. I so want you all to get your BFPs. I pray and wish for it everyday when I count my blessings. Xxzz

Lindy, didn't know that happy birthday! Wow! Time flies eh! Have you been spoilt rotten today?

Haha no to 50 shades! Read them all last year - found it funny and oh my does she need a copy writer! I get annoyed with bad grammar in books! ;)

Lindy- Happy belated birthday! x

Gemz- So glad you get to try naturally. Would give anything for that. Fingers crossed for you! x

Hi to everyone x

AFM- Not in a good place tbh. Very low and struggle to get out of bed in the mornings. Not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel since this latest fail, mainly due to finance being so shit which means no more cycles so hoping for a lottery win or something but the chances are mega low obviously. Anyway don't want to pull the thread down hence the reason i don't post much anymore. Good luck to you all xxx

AQ - don't be so hard on yourself. You have been through a tremendous amount of ups and downs and not to mention hormones! So what you are feeling you are entitled to feel and hopefully each day it will get a little bit easier. I was exactly in the same position as you after my last cycle in a crap money position without any sign of light at the end if the tunnel. It's taken us 5 months but I'm now doing my frozen so what I'm saying is that it all looks bleak and life is a battle at the moment but I promise you as time passes you realise that you either give up on everything an have an unhappy life or get out there and fight. You never know with the desire to want another cycle or donor may drive both you and your oh to find those changes you need to get the money together.

After our last fail my oh and I agreed that our priority was paying off the cards from last cycle and paying for our frozen. So we are doing what we have to do in order to make the plan a reality. I'm doing a job I don't really like but pays well and my oh is looking for something perm but in the meantime he's found jobs that will pay the bills. This is all because to us it's our priority but it doesn't consume our everyday lives cos we know what we have to do. We accepted that it will prob take us 12mths to pay of the cards for another fresh cycle so that's our goal.

Don't forget we are all here for you like you have been for us over the past 2 yrs for me anyway. We all send you nothing but love, hugs and lots of hope for your next step of your journey. Take good care of yourself, there is a light out there you just need to find yours xxx

AQ, I'm reiterating what Mrse said. Don't beat yourself up, and your not "dragging the thread down" we've all been there, when everything feels so bleak. Spend time just on you and hubby and you don't know what tomorrow brings. Find out who you both are, have a break and you'll get your dream job and finances won't be so bleak. Besides, look what happened to us a while back - the thought of winning the lotto seemed so small, and we won that large amount of money between us all.

It might be that the break from ttc and IVF does you the world of good, and in a years time the place you find yourself will be so different, both emotionally and financially.

We're all here for you, wether that's just so you can rant or for a cry. You've been here for all of us, ands I don't think I would have coped very well if it wasn't for you. Even last week when I was proper panicking over my lap you helped calm me down. I'm not going to say chin up (I know how many people I wanted to beat up when they said that too me) but I am going to say things will get there in time

Big hugs hunni x x x

AQ I can only echo what the others have said. You have been through so much the last few years and have been strong throughout. It's now time to be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grieve :hugs: I think it's a good plan to spend time with oh, have some holidays and try and have some fun. It won't feel like it now but you will be able to smile and feel positive again. I know things must feel so bleak now, and I wish I could say more to make you feel better. Like you have always said to us 'where there is life there is hope', you have to try and cling onto that, your journey is not over yet and your dream is still out there. We are all here whenever you need us, don't worry about bringing the thread down, the thread is here for you through highs and lows. I know I was extremely lucky to get my happy ending but I have been in some dark places and I know how bleak and lonely ltttc can be. Thinking of you :hugs: xxx

AQ - you are bound to be down. Don't hide yourself away that is what we are here for. We can celebrate good news which we all wish for everyone, but we are here to carry each other through the low times because we all understand the feelings. Massive hugs. You know where I am. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->