IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Africa- I am sending you big hugs. We are all here to support the highs and lows. You will get your dream.

Gemz- we stayed just outside limssol in a thomson couples hotel. X x x

Happy birthday lindy x x x

Cvaeh, I know which one you mean we were looking at that one too. Decided on the couples only one in paphos

I am sure you will have a fantastic time. We looked at that one but it went before i had made my mind up so the decision was made for me. X x x

Hi all

Hope everyone's doing well. I've got some news, we've had kittens!

It's a long story actually, about two weeks ago a pregnant cat turned up in our house, she was skin and bones. My cat (my profile pic) was fine with her as she did look rather pathetic.

We put posters up and took her to the vets to see if she was mircochipped no such luck (doubtful considering the cat wasn't neutered). Anyway about a week ago, we had a phone call saying that she was this persons cat and she went missing about 6 months ago and they thought she was dead. When I told them she was pregnant she told me that she couldn't have it back as they've got a new one! I was livid! They offered me the vet money and then said it was up to me what I did!

Couldn't believe it. Anyway after another week and a half, she's popped! She's had two adorable kittens, but unfortunately we've been the vets and one won't make it past the night. Mum doesn't look too healthy and there keeping her in on IV antibiotics and hoping she picks up. So we've got one at home with us now, having to do feed her by hand. She's super small and making me even more broody!

How's everyone doing? X x x

Gemz- that is awful. We have two cats and i treat them like two little kings and could never say they couldn't come back. I hope she picks up with the antibiotics so she can go home to her little one. X x x

Hi all, I'm rather sad to report that the mum didn't make it :( really devastated. We've got the kitten still, so we are having to feed by hand. Our cat has really taken to her and is proper mothering her.

Called the original owner to say that she died, and she asked abut the kittens. I told her that one survived and she's asked for it. I've told her where to fuck right off. There's no way on this earth I'm letting her anywhere near this little one

Big hugs to all, hope everyone is ok x x x x

Oh Gemz that's so sad, poor little cat. I'm so glad it found its way to your house though, I bet it knew you'd be the right person to take care of its baby!

:hugs:

xx

Oh no, poor mum. I can't believe those people had the cheek to ask for the kitten. I am glad you told them where to go!!! I am glad your cat has adopted him/her. X x x x

I know, the cheek of it. Cudnt believe it really. we got into a right arguement over the phone. thankfully she doesnt know where we live just are mobile number. the vet said that if there was any problems to let them know and theyll inform the police for us. Hopefully it won't come to that but some people eh? We've called her Button at the moment as she's got such a cute little button nose. She's proper cute, can't wait for her to open her eyes.

The vets been really good as well. They've waived their fee! Which is a massive relief - as it was the weekend we had to use the out of hours vet, and I know how expensive they can be when our lily got injured last year it cost 600 quid - thank god for pet insurance eh?

Cvaeh, yeah lily has proper mothered her. It's unbelievably cute, almost as is she knows what's happened. We've been in touch with our Cattery to let them know they'll be two cats now as opposed to one - lovely extra 105 quid but I'm secretly pleased as I've been bugging hubby for months that I wanted another cat.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend, this weather is getting mad lately. Wonders when summer will ever come!

Night all x x x

Can anyone tell me how long from day one of af to starting drugs and testing it is, think I will be due to start on the 1st xxx

It depends which protocol they put you on hun as to how long it takes.

I've been given mine today and my drugs start on day 16 of my cycle, which i take for 10 days before the stimming drugs start. They've told me from start to finish on the Antagonist (short) protocol it takes 4-6 weeks depending upon how you respond to the drugs.

Hope that helps xx

Thanks for your advise I think I will be on the long protocol as it is my first cycle. Do you know how many different injections a day you have to take I'm petrified!!!

Hello ladies

just though i would pop on and wish you all loads of luck

AQ - sending you big hugs hun. I really hope something comes up and you are able to try make your dream come true. try and enjoy time with your OH for now and im here if you ever need to chat xxxxxx

Bugs - got fingers crossed for you hun. i remember you on this site when i firsted started IVF and really hope you get your well deserved BFP very soon and hope you enjoy your holiday xxx

Sending loads of babydust to you all and hope you all get your well deserved BFPs xxxx

:hug::hug:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Rachel whilst your down regging it's one injection a day and when your stimming it's 2 until your trigger shot (36 hours before egg collection)

X x x

And first cycle is usually long protocol one unless your amh levels are very low so they'll do a short one x x x

The injections are ok - they really aren't anything to worry about

Thanks for the info ladies I hate needles but think hubby will be doing them if he's allowed!

Rachel

My hubby did mine! There fine. I did find the menopur stung a little but (at first) but it was pretty easy afterwards. I did get a bruise though from repeatedly jabbing, so it's best to alternate sides every day as this limits the chance of it happening

You'll be fine! Don't worry you'll soon be a pro! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->