IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

We're going with Care again, I'm having the endo scratch the month before and we also go away in June so it's just trying to make the dates work really. Probably July sometime.

I had to take time out after the last one, I had some counselling and am feeling so much better xxxx

Bugs it's great to hear from you again, and your feeling positive! Hubby and I have decided to go away too before any of the madness starts up again, a break should do us all good. Where are you going?

Afm, in a LOT of pain today.dont know whether I'm coming or going at the moment, and the police helicopter who woke me up this morning is lucky I didn't get my hands on him as it wouldn't have been pleasant!

Love to everyone, big hugs gem x x x

Hi ladies - how are you all? Enjoying this lovely sunshine I hope.

Has anyone heard from AQ? I'm thinking of her & hope she's doing ok.

AFM - I'm going to Chester on Monday and should hopefully find out my dates & protocol. I feel like Im permanently counting down to the next appointment!

Xx

Hi ladies. Just wanted to pop in and thank you all for support xx

As regards me and dh, we cannot afford another cycle so we are going to concentrate on a life without babies and enjoy some holidays over the next year then look at our options again. We will either save and get a loan for the ARGC which has huge success rates for women in my situation or we will go straight to donor eggs. Not sure which yet. Emotionally over the past 3.5yrs i have been drained tho. Iv lost my mum, my 2 closest friends, my tubes, 2 babies, 3 failed cycles of IVF... its all too much. We need to concentrate on our marriage for at least a year and have some fun for once. Yes we are devastated but life has to go on. We have no choice.

I won't be around much but im in touch with some of you on fb or via text anyway so you can reach me there. Good luck to all xxx

Good luck in whatever you decide for the future, take care xxx

AQ is it definately egg quality as a 5 cell on day 2 is pretty good unless there was fragmentation. Also there seems to be a link with endo and ectopics resulting in immune issues. It was the case for me so might be worth looking into to see if any of the symptoms ever occur with you. I really wish you all the best and pray that we both escape the TTC forums one way or another. Enjoy your time off and hope you have some well deserved holidays xxx

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Africa- Glad you are okay (as well as can be expected anyway). I am sure you will get your dream in the future and it will be good to have some couple time in the meantime, enjoy it! I have been trying to enjoy every moment with my dh since our last fail as time just seems to go by when your having ivf or thinking about it.

Hi girls,

I have been reading this thread for a while and haven't posted. I am at the Hewitt and about to start our first cycle of IVF at the end of this month. (ringing on 17th) Feeling a bit scared at the moment as it is all becoming very real.

Work are worried about how it is going to fit in with my job as I work all hours six days a week. They aren't very supportive and really stressful process trying to book any time off and they were concerned that I couldn't give them exact dates for when I may need to take time off. :growlmad:

Does anybody have any idea of timescales? I tried this calculator but don't know how accurate it is? (thefertilityblogs)

Thanks for reading and good luck in all of your cycles. Sorry it was an essay. :)

Claire

Hi Claire

Welcome to the thread! It's a daunting process IVF but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end!

As for timescales, its different for every woman. Lots depend on what protocol you are on - long or short. If your on a LP for your first cycle, which is usually the case, they take control of your cycle by doing down regulation to stop your cycle, then stimming drugs to produce to of eggs. My LP last year took around 40 days from down regging, egg collection and a transfer.

Work are unfortunately correct in that legally they don't have to give you time off for appointments, however, following embryo transfer you are in the eye of the law pregnant and then any time off is considered pregnancy related, including a fortnight after a pregnacy test, so if you are unlucky enough to get a bfn (hopefully wont be the case) you have some time to deal with your emotions.

You will get some notice, albeit 2 days of when to expect egg collection, and you'll usually be booked in for a 3 day transfer as standard, although if you get lots of healthy eggs with a good fertilisation report this can be pushed back to a 5 day transfer. Have you got the possibility of working flexi time? Or possibly if you can afford it a temporary reduction in hours? Try not to stress so if you think youll be worked up some leave around transfer time may be a good idea. Every little helps. I found that if you offer to be as flexible as possible, work are willing to work around appointments. The awful thing is I work in the NHS - you think given the circumstances they would be alright wouldn't you?

What's been your journey so far if you don't mind me asking? It's ok to be scared, fear of the unknown especially with IVF is horrible, but it gives us hope, and that's the most important thing. Big hugs, and wishing you all the luck for your first cycle.

AQ you've been in my thoughts, and I'm glad your gonna spend some time just finding you and giving yourself a break. Big hugs hunni x x

Afm, well I've never been so bloated in all my life. My period has also arrived, so I'm proper getting battered. I've also had some bad news today as well, my poor mum fell out of bed the other day. She went to the walk in centre which told her it was sprained and to do some exercises. Today it got really bad so I took her to the hospital, it turned out she's broken her collar bone! How awful is that? The walk in centre didn't even suggest getting it x rayed. Was proper heartbreaking seeing my mum in so much pain,but I was fuming that the walk in centre didn't give a toss and could have made it worse.

How's everyone doing? Love and big hugs to all the gang! X x x

AQ I've been thinking of you too and hope you and your oh get to spend quality time together and reconnect. This ivf process is a real test of relationships and as my oh said just the other day it's a real passion killer cos everything is calculated around your cycle! Good luck with what you decide.

Gemz - sorry about your mum that's terrible. I do wonder about these drop in places popping up all over the place.

Hope4 - what you are feeling is totally normal and we've all been there. You will be fine and timings will be what they will be at the end of the day I you try to control, like me then get used to the idea now that you don't have any during the process!

Afm - ordered my one injection cost a fortune! £130!!!! Lad my GP got me the rest! Having that in 17th may then should have AF a week later, scan and then start on the drugs!

Bugs - do you mind me asking did care put you on steroids? I am this time and scared stuff about weight and bloating with it. Any issues with you?

Anybody with immune issues- I have the dr beer book if they want it?? Xxxx very heavy reading I thought. I'm medically trained but found it tough!!

MrsE I was fine at first had a bit of insomnia but I think that was nerves aswell. It was when I was pregnant and I put a bit of weight on and did get a bit of moonface !!!

Lindy I've got that book and I think if you suspect you've got immune issues the book really helps with information xxx

Bugs- Yes pretty sure its egg quality issues as Mr K has always said that due to such low fert rates. Only 1 embryo from 7 eggs. The one embie we did get had fragmentation and uneven cells too even though it was 5 cells. How can you cope with going in for a 7th cycle? i just could not do it. I would lose my mind :( x

Hi to everyone else. Lindy, Gemz and all the gang xxx

Well I suppose you've been through enough cycles to know.

I just keep plodding on, while the money is there to fund it we have to keep trying. They say when you've been diagnosed with immune you should class that as your 1st cycle coz the others would never have worked so we'll keep going for now xxx

Hi bugs - did your moon face go the thoughts horrifies me to be honest with all the other things we have to put up withi guess its just one more thing!

Hi everyone

Mrse- i was on steroids my last cycle. I actually felt like i could stay up all night and not be tired and had so much energy, i put that down to the steroids. I was really scared of moon face too as i already have a round face. I don't think i got one but as bugs said it may come after bfp and i stopped them after my bfn. I am on them again next cycle so i hope i don't get any side effects this time. What dose are you on? I was on 1mg of dexamethasone to try and improve my egg quality.

X x x x

Bugs- Yes true. If we had the money we would carry on too. Maybe i do have immune issues... il have to look into it once we have money again. Lots of luck for your next cycle! x

Cvaeh- Wishing you tons of luck too! would love to see all the ladies here get their bfps but nobody more than you and bugs x

That is so kind Africa, i would love to see you with a bfp as you were one of the first people that i met on here. I so want us all to look back on this in five years time with our families x x

All us girls deserve our bfps and eventually I'm sure it will happen for all of us. Just stay positive and not to let things get us all down (easier said than done eh?)

Bugs when do you start your next cycle? Mrse good luck nearly there!

Afm period still causing me trouble - getting there though now x x x

Gemz we are not sure yet just trying to work dates around the holiday and having the endo scratch and stuff x

I didn't really notice my moonface mrsE it wasn't until after my OH was like yeah you've got a big round face he's such a charmer !!!

AQ that's so nice of you to say and If I ever win the lottery I will fund as many goes as you need xxxx

I've been shopping round for my next drug I've been prescribed Melatonin, central homecare have quoted £90 and my local chemist £200 how can they differ so much in price it's just daft. My next challenge is to find someone who can do my intralipid for less than £400 !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->