IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hubby can do them but it is easy enough to do yourself. Think my dh is too squeamish so felt safer doing it myself!

Hi there.i have my consultation app on the 30th and have been told i need to wait for my next period n then from there start injections on day 23.
I have just started my period and day 23 will be 2 days after my consultation app. Do you think i can count this period as the one i start with or do u think ill have to wait for my next period?

Also just out of interest. If a cycle fails :( how long do u havw to wait before u can start the next go?

Thanks for this. Its nice to talk to sumone who gets it.

Hi clarkea- they will wait till day 1 after your consultation (is it your one to sign your consent forms?) If a cycle fails you have to have 3bleeds. They count the one right after your cycle as the first. Xx

Hi clarkea- they will wait till day 1 after your consultation (is it your one to sign your consent forms?) If a cycle fails you have to have 3bleeds. They count the one right after your cycle as the first. Xx

Thanks for replying.
What do u mean they will wsit till day 1 after my consultation?
Yes its to sign consent forms.

The reason i ask is i have long cycles so wanted to catch it in this one x

Hi hun, Lindy means they wait for your first period after your joint consultation not before does that make sense?

Xx x

Lindy, my hubby was petrified of jabbing me! There was no way I could do it myself though! It's funny, he's allergic to kiwis and he had a bit of one in a pie last year. I had to give him a needle and I didn't even bat an eyelid then! Think its easier giving it to someone else!

You'll be pleased to know our new kittens doing well! Cheeky owner was on the phone again before so I've told her she's welcome to sue me but there's no way i giving her the kitten. And if she really wants it that much, she can pay the vet bills and then sue me for it! I'm not taking her calls now

Hope all you ladies are doing well

Big hugs x x

Likkle- little kitten is safer with you and I'm sure will have a much happier life. Xx

Well that's my haematology appointment done with the all clear just got to see if mr shaw says ok next week eekkkk. Thanks for all the advice ladies xx

Ahh right. Bummer. Was hoping id get it in this one. Even longer to wait now. I know we are the closest we have ever been ti ivf but time is dragging. 8 yrs is a long time to wait n im keen to get the ball rolling.

Ahh right. Bummer. Was hoping id get it in this one. Even longer to wait now. I know we are the closest we have ever been ti ivf but time is dragging. 8 yrs is a long time to wait n im keen to get the ball rolling.

Don't worry hun, we all know how you feel! Just think your getting closer every day and you'll soon be jabbing and starting before you know it!

Rachel glad everything went well! When's your next appointment??

Clarkea, time will start to go faster soon I promise. I had my joint consultant appointment around the 24th Jan which seems like a couple of weeks ago, and I am now 11 weeks pregnant! It seems like a dream, after all the testing and waiting for follow up appointments, once the ball starts rolling time seems to fly :).

It'll soon be here Rachel don't worry.

I've been all excited all week waiting for hubby to come home. We've had the worse news, our lovely neighbour has sadly passed away today. She was only 56, died of a stroke. Words fail me, shocked and devastated. We were only laughing and joking yesterday

Hi everyone - sorry i haven't commented in a while - in all honesty just trying (and failing) to distract myself from ttc at the moment.

Bugs/MrsE/Cvaeh - good luck to you all with your upcoming cycles.

Rachel/Clarkea - time will move very quickly and you will both be cycling before you know it. Try and relax as much as possible. This is a very stressful time.

Likkle-just been reading all about your kitten. What a cheek that woman has! I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour, that's really sad. Hope you are ok.

AQ- just wanted to say i am thinking of you. x

Sorry this is so brief - i will try to keep up with you from now on.

AFM - nothing much to report really. Some days I'm completely getting on with things, then i find out someone else is pregnant and my stomach just sinks and i feel terrible jealousy. I hate it. To make things worse my poor skin has just erupted into terrible acne. I'm wondering if all the drugs i put into my system might have something to do with it?I have my follow up in June anyway. x

Hi all

Gemz- so sorry to hear about your neighbour.

love2eat- i know what you mean about being jealous every time someone announces they are pregnant or just had a baby. It makes my heart sink every time. My skin is always bad but was particularly bad after my last fail. It seems to have started to settle down now so hopefully will stay that way. I am on my third bleed since my fail so technically could start my next cycle but am going to wait till the summer holiday so i am stress free. When are you planning on having another go?

Africa- hope your okay x x

Hi to everyone else x x x

Loveto - I think we probably are all the same we hate ourselves for being jealous yet other people seem to be able to get what we want so dearly so easily and it's not fair. I just keep thinking that when I get my baba I will treasure and love it that much more and will know every day how lucky I am. Most people take having children for granted. You are perfectly normal to feel that way.

Gemz - so sorry about your neighbour that's awful and so young x

Welcome to Rachel and clarkea we are a mountain of information goodness knows how many cycles we've done collectively - would be interesting bet it's in the 20-30s! So ask away as someone on here will know the answers!

AQ - not sure if you are reading but hope you are doing ok considering. Thinking of you x

Cveah - sounds like a good plan to be stress free and a nice holiday!

Afm - well go for my frozen cycle injection tomorrow so then officially started my cycle. I'm probably being really silly but keep thinking that perhaps I'm being punished because before I met my OH I always said I didn't want children and perhaps I said it so often that now someone is making sure that happens. But when you are in your early 30s without a man you do start to think I won't happen whilst you can still have kids so guess I just tried to convince myself so I wouldn't be too upset if I didn't meet anyone. My OH says I'm being silly and that it doesn't work that way but I do wonder after all we've been through. Petrified of this cycle cos 1) never done a frozen cycle and 2) taking steroids and 3) if it doesn't work again then what!?

Anyway just trying not to think to much about it all or I will get stressed!

Wish me luck I getting strapped in for my next rollercoaster ride!!

Xxx

Wrighty- OMG Congrats!!!!! soooo glad to see you finally got your BFP after being on this thread as long as me! one of the original oldies ;) haha xxx

Hi Cvaeh, Bugs, MrsE, Lindy, Melbram, Loveto, Gemz, Harley, Excited, Clarkea and all the gang. x

Hope everyone is doing ok. I am struggling a LOT this time around. Not helped by how much im missing my mum and my best friend right now either. Bad times. On a good note i do have a new job in marketing that starts in July and i have my own office etc so that will be good. Its only 25hrs per wk but that's all i can cope with for now. It will get me on focus again and allow us to save a little. Probs be saving for around 18mths at least before we can try again and my chance will be greatly reduced considering how poor my eggs are now let alone in 18mths but hey what choice we got right. A piss in the ocean chance is better than zero chance xxx

Wrighty- OMG Congrats!!!!! soooo glad to see you finally got your BFP after being on this thread as long as me! one of the original oldies ;) haha xxx

Hi Cvaeh, Bugs, MrsE, Lindy, Melbram, Loveto, Gemz, Harley, Excited, Clarkea and all the gang. x

Hope everyone is doing ok. I am struggling a LOT this time around. Not helped by how much im missing my mum and my best friend right now either. Bad times. On a good note i do have a new job in marketing that starts in July and i have my own office etc so that will be good. Its only 25hrs per wk but that's all i can cope with for now. It will get me on focus again and allow us to save a little. Probs be saving for around 18mths at least before we can try again and my chance will be greatly reduced considering how poor my eggs are now let alone in 18mths but hey what choice we got right. A piss in the ocean chance is better than zero chance xxx

one of the original oldies :D i lmao reading that lol. Its still early days hun but having an early scan next week just to make sure everythings ok been testing alot to check myself and im already further along then any of my other pregnancies so looking good so far :)

Sorry to hear you're still having a hard time hun hope things get a little easier with time. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congratulations on the new job hun something for you to focus on and even better that you will be able to start saving xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->