IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi all thanks for the messages. I've not had much chance to read things! I've had a proper shitty day in work and I've been really upset about my neighbour. I've also just found out that her dad who she was visiting in hospital at the time died within an hour of her. I can't believe that two members of the same family can die so close together and be for completely unrelated reasons. Her death has been so sudden I'm just all over the place. Hubby will be home soon so at least I won't be on my own. Ill catch up on Sunday and send messages to all then

Hope everyone is ok take it easy x x x

AQ, sorry your feeling so low. Congratulations on your new job, that's brilliant news.

Wrighty congratulations! I hope your scan goes well, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Mrse congratulations on starting. You'll have to let me know how your frozen cycle goes, I'm interested in seeing how that differs from a fresh one. I'm sure you'll be fine with the steroids

Harley, when's your 12 week scan due?

Rachel, good luck for your appointment on Thursday, only 4 sleeps to go

Loveto, your not alone. The amount of people who keep announcing their pregnancies really annoyed me up until my lap. I was so fed up and disheartened that it would never be our turn. Since my lap I've gotten a bit of hope, and Im praying well be pregnant soon.

Cvaeh, hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Afm well I've been pretty low given what happened next door. It's all been so sudden and upsetting. On top of that, I'm facing a displinary at work over my sickness. I'm really upset and annoyed. I haven't been off sick since June last year (September didn't count as it was considered pregnancy related even thou IVF didn't work). This is despite it being a planned operation and needing two weeks to recover. And to think I work in the NHS!!! In other news, I ended up testing on what feels like 100 OPKs and would you believe it I had a positive yesterday. Despite saying we wouldn't try for a month or two, we ended up trying a lot (blushes madly) so technically I suppose I'm on a 2ww! Feels like ages since we went thru this naturally. I'm not getting my hopes up but I can't help but dream!

Hi to the rest of the gang, sorry if I've missed you out! X x x x

Hi gem, it's not till 13w6d, so 2 weeks on tue! I am too much of a worrier so we had a private one last week just for a bit of reassurance which was fab :). Good luck with trying naturally :) x

Harley that's awesome! Where did you go for your private scan? I'm sure the next two weeks will fly

Kittens doing really well! Opening eyes now - peeking really! I'm so in love x x

We went to before the stork in litherland and they were fab, i'd well recommend them :).

Awww, I love kittens, I used to work in the vets as a Saturday girl when I was in college and used to love syringe feeding the kittens. It's fab to see them grow up and become little furry balls of mischeif! One of my cats had to be handreared as the mother started killing the litter, so the breeder pulled them and hand reared them. She is the cheekiest cat, she just adores people and will play fetch with you for hours with balled up bits of paper, it's hysterical! x

Gemz - good luck with trying naturally!! Practice makes perfect and all that! The kittens sound so cute but my oh hates cats so no chance I can have one.

Harley - glad you had a scan. I know if I get preggo I'm going to be a ball of mess cos I was fine and m/c at 9 wks so when it happens I know I'm going to be living at the scanning places just to put my mind at rest! Ha, ha!

Afm - had the injection so now waiting for AF and a scan so we can start the drug cocktail at the moment I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm taking when and how many times a day. I'm going to be setting alarms in my phone I think to keep track!

Hi Everyone - hope you all managed to have nice weekends.

MrsE - Sounds like you are going to have to be super organised with all the drugs you will be taking! Hope you are ok and not stressing too much.

AQ- Congrats on your new job hun. It will give you something else to think about for the time being and also something to aim for.

Wrighty - Congratulations!!

Gemz - so sorry you have had such a cr*ppy few days! That is so sad about your neighbour. Fingers crossed for you though with trying naturally!

Cvaeh - I wont be doing my next cycle until after my holiday in September. Hopefully i will be relaxed and ready to try again.

Harley - thats fab bout having the private scan. I think i would definitely do the same!

Just wondering for those of you that have had unsuccessful IVF, what your cyles were like afterwards? When i came off the pill, i had 34 day length cycles, and they finally went down to 28 days after about a year. This month i dont think i ovulated until late (can't tell exactly) so i am certain i am back to having a longer cycle which is a bit frustrating really.

I've had 3 scans so far (2*nhs, 1 because of bleeding around week 7, and 1 for the Hewitt centre before they sign you over to normal antinatal care). I think after having the losses in the past nothing will make me relax, so I bought a doppler, which is amazing! Every time I start to panic I get it out and have a listen (which is every couple of days as i'm a worrier!).

Hope you're all well, can't do individual hellos as i've snuck on in work and i've got it open in a tiny little window so no-one can see! x

Evening Ladies.....just wanted to wish you all lots of luck for the rest of your journies whatever stages you are up to. Hope all your dreams and wishes come true very soon.
My due date is coming up very soon so will probably go off the radar for some time now!
Thank you for all your help and kind words over the last year or so.
Lots of love xx

Hi all

Joanne- how exciting! Time flies, it doesn't seem like five mins since you got your bfp. Try and pop on sometime and let us know what you had.

Gemz- sorry you are having a rough time. Surely they can't discipline you for that. At my work you get called into a meeting if you have more than three periods of sick in k rolling year.

lovetoeat- my first couple of cycles since my fail have been a few days longer. I usually ovulate day 13 but it has been more like 15. They do say it can take them a while to settle down.

Hi to everyone else

Afm- i am a bit stressed at work at the moment due to not knowing when ofsted are coming and our head going into over drive. Half the parents in my class seem to be pregnant too. I have discovered that when i drink milk my acne is much worse so am trying to stay away from dairy products. I have heard soya milk is bad for fertility though so unsure what to have instead. Any thoughts? X x

Quick message from me as on phone.

JoC good luck, hope your birth goes to plan and you get to enjoy cuddles soon with your little one

Loveto, my periods took 2 cycles to get back to normal

Harley, I'd probably be doing exactly the same as you x

Cvaeh, I feel your pain. Hubby's got an OFSTED due any day now, just don't know when. Have you ride goats milk? I'm lactose intollerant so I can't have cows milk but I can have the same lactose free cows milk - try that, or goats milk. I'm ok with a splash of normal cows milk in my tea but couldn't dream of having it in my ceral or god forbid ice cream (unless I take tablets beforehand and even the I feel sick) might be worth a try

I had three episodes of sickness in a 12 month period that's what put me on the first stage. They're saying as I've had another episode of sickness in the following 12 months its automatic displinary action - despite me not being off sick in 11 months. However, I'm fuming as I've recently found out a male colleage also was on the same stage as me, and had surgery on his wrist 3 months ago and he too was off for a fortnight, and guess what they've not progressed him to the next stage! I'm fuming. I'm putting in a grievance on the grounds of sex discrimination as they know I've been thru IVF and I can't help but think they're trying to get rid of me before I hopefully go on mat leave (please let it be this year :) ) either way I'm sure there is some discrimination as you can't have one rule for one staff member and another rule for another

Night all x x x

Joanne C - Lots of luck, let us know all the details when your baby arrives!

Cvaeh - how funny, i have been trying to avoid milk as well, mainly for my skin! I have been using that lactose free milk for tea and i have been having almond milk in my cereal, which i actually think is quite nice. I heard that about soy too, but i did have a soy milk latte in starbucks last week, it was nice and i don't think one will do any harm. I have also spent a fortune on new skin care products after doing some research online. Its only been a week, but I am noticing an improvement!

Gemz - i agree it sounds like discrimination to me and i really dont think they have a leg to stand on surely? They can't implement policy only some of the time! I work for the civil service and they do have quite a consistent policy now (wasn't always like that) but they are good with things like IVF. None of the time off taken counts towards my sick absence count.

Love2eat- what products have you been using? I have been using a lumie light for a few months now which does help until i have treatment and it all goes boom again! I have found the clean and clear range good too. Think i will try the almond milk next time i go shopping.

Gemz- it isn't on that the rules aren't consistent for everyone! Do they not understand the stress of ivf at all???? When is your meeting? Hope it goes well x x x

Hi guys

Thanks for the messages. I know you'd think there would be equality and fairness wouldn't you? My formal meeting hasn't been arranged yet, my union rep came round proper fuming and kicked off at my line manager. My line manager is meeting with hr later this week. I've already informed her that I will appeal the decision, and that this attitude and lack of compassion is seriously going to make me consider if this is a place I would want to work for. I'm guessing ill know more Friday, but I'm not taking this one lying down. Absolute arseholes. I'm so tired with it all at the moment, all I want to do is sleep. Early night for me I think.

Hope everyone is doing ok, love to all x x x

Likkle- Good on you! Sounds like they have a fight on their hands.

Cvaeh- well i have been doing some research online and have find this beauty blogger called Caroline Hirons, who is apparently a skin care guru and a lot of what she says makes sense. Anyway her basic advice is don't use stripping cleaners (gels and foaming cleansers), so Clean and Clear would be bad really. You should steer clear of products with mineral oil and if you are wearing make up you should wash your face twice, once to get the makeup off and again to actually clean your skin. She recommends actually using balm cleansers, creams and oils because they don't strip your skin. A lot of the stuff she reccomends is expensive but there are cheaper alternatives out there. Visit her website. Anyway I have purchased the Ren clear calm clay cleanser, Clarins gentle exfoliating toner and the la Roche Posay Effeclar Duo moisturiser (which I highly recommend and is on 3 for 2 skincare offer in boots).

Sorry i just turned this forum into a skin care discussion! lol

Love2eat- i will make visiting her website a job for the weekend, i have a couple of massive spots today and i am putting it down to stress at work. I have been looking for a good moisturiser for ages. Usually use the simple range as has spf 15 in as well but not sure its doing anything for my wrinkles! Does yours have any Sun screen in?

Hi everyone else x x x

Cvaeh I've broken out into massive spots too! My doctor recommend some cream that you can use as both a cleanser and moisturiser. It's on prescription but amazingly you can buy it in home bargins for £2! I can't remember the name of it as I'm not at home but when ill get back ill tell you what it's called!

Lovetoeatcake yep they've got a massive fight on their hands and I'm not backing down on this one! I never fought the first stage as I couldn't be bothered but there's no chance I'm taking this! What makes it worse was that I had to fight for the two weeks after our ivf fail as pregnancy related, which thankfully occupational health backed me up and bollocked them! :)

As if its not a fight with ivf - you don't need the stress of hr being p*icks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->