IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz - you go girl so sexist it's not true and they will not get away with it. We're all behind you.

Regarding the skin, I can't really help as not had problems with my face but more tops of my arms which is weird oh and had a problem with really sore spots behind my ears. My Accupuncturist said that its the hormones and it will go. Good luck to you all on that front.

Hi to all the rest of the gang xxx

Nothing much from me to report just waiting for AF but have a feeling it will show this weekend. If I don't get a chance have a lovely bank holiday everyone xx

hi Ladies

Hope you're all well

Just popping in as AQ asked to keep updated

Had my scan today everything looks fine even seen its little heart beating was so amazing. they have dated me at 6+4 so due around 12th January :)

best of luck to all you lovely ladies xxxx

Awwww yeay wrighty :yipee:

They put me back 5 days & then moved it 8 days forward on the 12 week scan lol.

Congratulations :dance:
xx

Awwww yeay wrighty :yipee:

They put me back 5 days & then moved it 8 days forward on the 12 week scan lol.

Congratulations :dance:
xx

yeah from last AF i thought i was 7 weeks but cycles been all over the place since stopping the pill so think i ovuated later than i thought so not bad to be only put back by 3 days :) looking forward to my 12 week scan now but got no date for that yet. will see MW in nearly 2 weeks when i will be 8+3 so hope she will sort my next one out for me then :)

Hello

Just wondered if anybody has or is starting their IVF/ICSI at Liverpool womens hospital?

I am starting my 1st cycle this month and very nervous.....
Be good to hear others experiences of the hospital/the care and the staff lol

Oh me and my partner are having ICSI,because his sperm is not great and I suffer with PCOS.

We have no living children with us but have our 3 Angels in Heaven...we very recently lost our daughter Lillie to a rare genetic syndrome and she was still born in OCT 09....Things are still very raw for us and we are still stunned that we have to have this kind of fertility treatment to be able to concieve again....

Not looking forward to the injections and the side effects at all

Anyway I am ramberling now lol

Hope everyone is well

Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat.

So sorry to hear your news. I cant even begin to imagine your pain.
I will be starting icsi/ivf hopefully next month at liverpool womens hospital through nhs.
We have had a lot of apps at liverpool n i can say that so far i rate this hospital 100%. I was originally with manchester who i think are very poor!

Its a scary thought of the whole process but so ready for a baby x

Well we've been and been told were ok to start whoop!! Got to ring up on day one, he said they might be full so end up starting on next cycle, has anyone been told they can't fit you in?? Cannot wait to get going now!!

Thank you for everyone's advise and help on here xxx

Hi Rachel
Looks like you and I will be starting around the same time, we had our consultation today and we are good to go. Funny thing is I've been panicking all week as AF was due yesterday and I thought it would put us back a further month but as luck would have it she's not reared her ugly head yet so nurse said we can start this month

That's brilliant lmhiggins did they mention about sometimes not being able to start if its full??really hope we can both start this month!!

Rachel its very rare for them to say no, but even if they do, you'll be guaranteed the following month

Congrats both of you for passing yet bother hurdle, getting closer to the rollarcoaster of IVF!

Cvaeh the cream that I've been useing is called Aqueous Cream BP. It's in a white tub with a blue label if it helps. It's really cleared my skin up.

Afm well I'm driving myself insane today... I know my period is due next week and I'm hoping beyond hope that I may be pregnant, I know it's a long shot but a girl cam dream. Hopefully wi my lap clearing everything ill be lucky. I'm being realistic thou!

Wrighty, congrats hunni super pleased for you

Hi to the rest of the gang, Mrse, Lindy, AQ, lisa, Harvey, jo C et al. Hope everyone is doing well big hugs and love x x x

Ps quick development before I forget, manager is meeting with hr tomorrow - ready for war! :)

Ooh, good luck for next week cycle wise Gemz, that would be amazing. And good luck with work, we're all behind you, it's a bloody disgrace! My boss pulled me to one side when I had to take some time of during my cycle and said 'I hope your keeping track of all your sickness', I phoned hr who said it all goes down as treatment related and even if I reached the trigger occy health would just send me away saying it's treatment related and it wouldn't go any further.

My friend who works for the NHS and is also undergoing treatment at the Hewitt said in her trust they get up to a month off during treatment as a precident was set by another lady undergoing treatment and they now offer that time to anyone undergoing ivf, wish I worked there! x

Harley I don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask what nhs trust she works for? And if she would be ever so kind to lend me a copy of her trusts policy?

Well as expected they're formally progressing me to stage 2, now got a fight on my hands :(

Good luck with everything gemz,
What arseholes making you do this! It sounds to me as if it is just a sexist thing, more fool them, should never ever play with a woman who has be scorned!
And a massive good luck with you trying naturally :)

Wrighty- FAB news! made up for you hun x

Clarkea- Natp posted that a few years back... since then she has suffered the sad loss of her 2 baby daughters and had a mc but i am delighted to announce she gave birth to a healthy baby boy Freddie last week :) x

Rachel and LMH- Yay for starting soon girls! x

Gemz- Good luck with work hun and i hope the kitty is ok. Fingers crossed for next week. x

Hi to Lisa, Joannec, Bugs, Cvaeh , loveto and all the gang x

AFM- Nothing to report obviously but i still like to pop in and say hi xxx

Thanks hun, you take care of yourself, fx your a lotto winner now :) ooooh 77million

Night all x x x

AQ- brill news for natp. Send her congratulations. Xx

Hope you are all ok.

In the skin front- I have suffered with really sensitive/spot prone skin and tried everything clarins/Clinique/guinot/decleor/some American dr stuff and the thing that's has suited me best is LiZ Earle. It is amazing for me!

Oh that's amazing news for Nat, I am so so pleased for her. I read her story in another thread & it was heartbreaking :sad2:

Wish her every happiness & joy from me :yipee:

Hope you are doing ok AQ :hugs:
xx

Gemz - I am disgusted about how you are being treated at work. They cant get away with not applying a policy consistently. Fingers crossed for you.

AQ - lovely to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts xx

AFM I need your help ladies... I finally have my dates through. I start on northisterone on 8th June and have egg collection scheduled for thurs 4th July at Chester. Transfer will then take place in Liverpool on either day 2, 3 or 5. I'm confused how they calc the days. If it was day 2 is that the day after collection or the same way you would calc days past ovulation?

Also have any of you used the embryoscope or Eva incubators? If so do you have any views on them?

Xxxx

Toexcited - I'm ready for war don't worry. I used the embryoscope, whilst ivf didn't work last time it helped select the best embryo, kept them in the right environment and I got a lovely USB stick of it growing. It is a lot of money thou.

Day 2 collection is literally 2 days after egg collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"