IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi girls well got my phone call yesterday going for my "needles lesson" can't remember what the nurse called it 10th June to start injections 13th...

Does anyone have any advice for me ? I.e good things to eat or ways to prepare my body?

So excited now ��

Lmh the best piece of advice I can give you is to drink 2 litres of water a day, get plenty of sleep each night and to increase your protein in your diet. Also if you haven't already switch to decaf

Good luck hunni

Harvey thanks so much for your help x x x

lmh- Yay for getting started soon! best advice i can give you after 3 failed cycles is this... what will be will be. I was so strict with my diet, high protein, tons of water, etc etc and never made a blind bit of difference. Eat healthy, occasional treats and live your life. If your baby is meant to come it will. Look at how many accidental pregnancies happen when people are drunk! lol. Lots of luck xxx

Lmh - good luck with your cycle x

AQ - hope you are doing ok considering everything and your new job is going well x

Afm - got my AF so now just waiting to go for a scan to check before I start the pesseries, etc for my FET!

X

Mrse that's fab news - your getting much closer.

Nothing new from me. I e been away all weekend on a hen party. I've got my neighbours funeral tomorrow - so sad, not looking forward to it at all. Wsh tomorrow didn't have to come. Periods due Sunday, so I'm starting to count down now but hoping beyond hope x x x

Gemz - do you think there is a good chance you caught your ov this month?! Exciting hey at least you know it can work for you naturally which is half the battle!

I had a friend call round yesterday and she walked in an burst into tears. She'd not said anything but she went for her first ivf cycle and got her AF before her test date. So I spent 3 hours talking about it all but good thing is she has some in the freezer so she stands a great chance. So now half my friends have had or going through ivf! Makes you think. X

Too excited - not sure how they know all your dates already. I didn't know my egg collection date until I had been scanned. 2 days after is two days after egg collection but it would also be the equivalent to two days post ov I think.

AQ - glad to see you on here. That's wonderful news about Nat.

LM - only advice I would give is not too drink alcohol and take a multi vitamin. I did use Eeva. I think we would use it again but it is expensive and I really think it only works when there are a good few candidates to choose from. I did acupuncture too but I don't think I will bother next time.

MrsE - tell me about it, I know at least five couples who have been or are currently going through IVF. Only one of them has been successful on their second try. They have since had another two cycles trying for a second. One couple who already have a little boy conceived naturally but haven't been able to conceive a second. They start in June. Two couples have adopted and the others are trying again in a month or two. Madness!!

I know! It's becoming more suprising how many couples go for IVF. Back to work tomorrow so will report in with news.

Has anyone read dan browns new book. Let me make a suggestion to those about to or going to shortly go thru IVF not to. Really not worth it. Don't want to give too much away but if you read it you'll know what I mean. Its heartbreaking

Nothing new to report here. Funeral was really moving and very fitting for my lovely neighbour x x

Gemz - just wondering how you got on in work today? Hope it's better than you thought xx

Afm - got my scan tonight and if all goes well I should be starting my lovely drugs, pesseries and steroids shortly. Hoping they give me all the low down tonight and possibly when my transfer is likely to be. Yikes!!! I pray so hard that this snow baby works🙏

Thanks Mrse. I saw my union rep today and she's told me to let them stick me on a stage 2 and then appeal it. Give nothing away to the *******s, so that's what I'll be doing. I should know more by 6th June. Bring it on!

Periods due in just under 3 days so ill know on Sunday, if its a no show I've said to hubby I shall not test for a few days afterwards just in case! I'm really excited about all this ttc naturally, forgot how mad it was :)

Mrse I'm keeping everything crossed for you sweetie, fx this is the one

Sending much love to everyone x x x

Gemz - good for you not long until 6th June when you will know more. Fx for this month for you that would be mad!!

Xx

Just had my scan and all good so start the drugs tonight. So I'm officially off the starting blocks heading to my first jump! Next scan in just over a week so see what happens.

How's everyone else doing. Anyone else cycling with me?? X

Evening all hope everyone is ok. Nothing new to report here just thought I'd say hello. Works still rubbish, but I'm getting ready for my meeting next week - they won't know what's hit them!

I'm dieing for af to turn up so we can see if we can start this cycle but all I've had is abit of brown discharge over the past 3 days just wish it would show up grr!!

How is everyone else?? Xx

Gemz not long now honey it's not as bad as 2ww put it that way. You almost sound like you are lookin forward to the meeting!?

Rachel - ha welcome to ivf when you want AF it's late and when you don't want it it's early! Typical but putting it this way doesn't really matter when you get your AF cos you phone on day 1 and if they are not full then your booked on. I'm not aware of anyone that's been told they were full but they always say it to everyone think its to cover their backs quite honestly so don't panic too much.

Afm - no moon face as yet with the steroids but sure it's coming! I've been feeling a bit sick around times I've taken my tablets but nothing much yet prob too early only started them on Tuesday night. Got a manic working week next week so that will make time fly I'm sure!

Hope everyone enjoys the gorgeous weather while its here! Xx

Mrse I think I kinda am. I've fought them every step if the way, and I'm at breaking point. I'm also determined to take her down as her behaviour is unfair.

I'm also on tender hooks waiting to see if AF shows! Really hoping she doesn't come but I'm being realistic! Your getting close thou Mrse - nearly there

Rachel - it's always the way! You'll be fine your very nearly there!

Well af's showed up this morning whoop just waiting for the nurse to call me bk to see if everything is ok to start!!

Enjoy the weekend ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->