IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Lol yes Jamie :), I was waiting till I had my scan on Tuesday. My mum gave me a talking to the other day and said I needed to start relaxing or the pregnancy would rush by and I wouldn't be able to enjoy any of it after wishing so hard for it for so long. I know she's right it's just hard after having losses and problems in the past, so i'm making an effort to try and relax :thumbup:.

The good thing about the scan being so late on (13w6d) is that they think they could tell the sex, I said i've had a feeling all along it's a boy and she looked between the legs and said 'I think you're right!' :cloud9:

Edited to add that also glad we had to wait as we got a really clear piccy (it's in my sig) can see the face clearly and it's long legs like mine!

Lol, posted the same time as you Gemz! Thanks, won't be long until you have similar nice pics :). Best of luck for later, you don't need it though as you know you're in the right :thumbup:

Harley I hope so, I really do!!

On way to hospital eek!!! Have some new gossip for you all from work! Catch you all later x x

Just popped on to see how you got on today Gem... i'm too impatient!!! x

It's confirmed!!! I'm pregnant!!! They did two tests to confirm it! Having a scan at 8 weeks!!! Can't stop smiling!!! Still hasn't sunk in yet x x x

Brilliant news Gemz, so happy for you :happydance: We will need a ticker and pregnancy journal very soon!! xx

I know! Tried to do it on ipad and was having none of it! Will log on to pc later! X x

Ooh my pharmasure package arrived today starting to feel real now

Whoop whoop whoop - amazing news Gem. What was the process? Did they do blood tests or more sticks?

And what was the gossip from work???

Great news lmhiggins. When do you start the drugs? I'm starting 11 days of northisterone tomorrow with injections starting around sat 22nd June

Glad your feeling better about it Harley the picture is lovely :)

Gemz ahhhh... That's great! My boss is being a little funny with me but not actually said anything to me as yet, if I need the information ill give you a shout thank you :)

Good luck to start your cycles lmhiggins and tooexcited x

Lmh & toexcited for your cycles soon

I was so excited last night I completely forgot!! On phone at moment so will try and post at lunch with news otherwise it'll be tonight, it's rather interesting thou! :)

Fab news Gemz :thumbup: x

Good luck to those starting their cycles, the thread seems really lucky at the moment, so I hope it rubs off on everyone else :flower: x

Harley - lovely pic, try an relax now x

Gemz - congratulations again fab news.

Lmh an tooexcited looks like its over to us now - yikes!!! Just hope and pray that we get our BFPs.

I got some really sad news yesterday. A lady I used to work with but I kept in touch with died last weekend. She never told me she wasn't well, turns out she had a rare form of cancer they isn't know how to treat and she passed away. So feeling a little tearful and deflated at the moment. Just hope our frostie changes all that for us. Scan on Monday to see how I'm progressing and transfer is 19th! 😃

Hope everyone has a fab weekend in the sun xxx

Mrse really sorry to hear that, your in my thoughts.good luck with scan on Monday

X x

MrsE - I'm so happy it's finally our turns to get cracking. I'm on day 2 of the northisterone and so far so good. I did have some mild palpitations yesterday but nothing I can't handle and I have had them before so maybe it's nothing to do with the drugs.

2 weeks today I will start jabbing! It's all scarily real now but I just can't wait to be pupo. I.ve booked the entire week off work post transfer so will be turning off the blackberry and putting my feet up!

Fingers crossed for us all xxx

I've finally plucked up the courage to post something on this blog... I've been reading it for months.
My DH and I have been for our PIE and had our blood tests on Wednesday for our 1st round of IVF. We were told it would be a 6 week wait until our consultation, can anyone tell me if this is the same as their experience?
I feel so overwhelmed by it all, plus I'm really impatient so want to get started!
X

Hi Janey :hi:

Welcome to the thread :hugs: we didn't quite get to ivf as we got very lucky after a lap but we were in the process of being referred which is how I found this thread.

From what I can gather from the other ladies, once you have attended the pie evening and had the bloods done then things do seen to move fairly quickly. I think once you've had your consultation they then get you to call up on the first day of your period to start.

I'm sure some of the other ladies will be able to correct me if I'm wrong though.

In some parts of the country there are really long wait lists of 2 years or more, so in that sense we are quite lucky to be referred to the women's.

How did you come to be referred? If you don't want to discuss it that's fine obviously, everyone here is very supportive & friendly though, so I hope you stick around & get your :bfp: very soon :thumbup:

:dust:
xxx

Thanks Lisa!
Well after 18 months of TTC and no pregnancies we went to doctors in Oct, I was diagnosed with PCOS on at least one ovary, something was blocking the other ovary in the scan so not sure about the other. So I've been on Metformin since, DH had 2 SA's both low sperm count 12million. I was scheduled in for lap & dye in January which was cancelled as surgeon said there was no point as DH's sperm count was so low it wouldn't happen naturally.... He recommended IVF that day... We were in shock as expected it would be a long road to end up here trying other medication, ops, testing beforehand.
Don't think it's really sunk in yet... IVF was something we never expected at this early stage & now it's round the corner we feel like our lives have been fast forwarded.
I'm excited & nervous... Still in shock at how many deserving couples have to go through this!
Congratulations on your wonderful story, it's amazing... Miracles do happen!
X

Janet, welcome to the thread. I'm surprised they didn't go thru the op though.

My story is that I had an infection following from my HSG last year which showed my Fallopian tubes had haldrosanpix or fluid for us mortals! :)

I had my pie in may 2012, our joint consultation in July and then started the end of that month. I was jabbing away throughout August and then had our transfer the end of August (as I was on a long protocol which most go onto unless you have low AMH levels)

Unfortunatly IVF didn't work for us first time round but we had two :frozen: ones to use. I had to wait for a follow up which took three months, who then recommend that I have a lap. Waited a further 5 months for my lap, but then bingo straight away (just last week) I got a natural :bfp: which I would never have thought was possible, so am over the moon at the moment.

Hope that gives you an idea of time frames, you'll find everyone on here really helpful and it does help to talk!

Afm well I've had my formal sickness letter, so have written my appeal letter which I've stated I've felt discriminated against due to me having IVF and that the Lucy has not been implemented fairly. In their face.

My actual manager (not the woman who is managing my sickness he's a bloke which is why last year I'd asked for a female member of staff) is trying to convince me to go for this new job in our department. It's only for 12 months, but its doing what I'm doing at the moment, as I've been working above my job discription. It's more money, but I can't help but think if I should go for it. If I don't go for it ill tell him the reason is because of the sickness policy and not because of my pregnancy. But then I think if I do go for it, is it fair as ill be on mat leave hopefully just after Christmas? What do you girls think - that's pretty much the gossip too excited. He knows I'm pissed off but doesn't know all the reasons, and he's been really supportive.

Hope all the gang is doing well, loads of ou are starting soon - Lmh and toexcited, I hope everything goes really well and it's not too much of an emotional rollarcoaster!

Mrse - hope the scan on Monday goes well. Have the side affects from the drugs settled down yet?

Rachel have you started jabbing yet?

Harley, Jamie and wrighty how are your pregnacies going? What week of your pregnacies start giving your sickness?

Cvaeh, Lisa, Lindy, lovetoeatcake, susiesue and AQ hope your all well

Big hugs to all, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine for a change! X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back