IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ps does anyone know how jo is getting on? I know she was due not that long ago but I haven't seen any posts to see how her birth went on? Hope everything went well jo and your enjoying cuddles with your little uns!

Harley, Jamie and wrighty how are your pregnacies going? What week of your pregnacies start giving your sickness?

Big hugs to all, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine for a change! X x x

Mine is going well so far I think lol. Still worry about everything not sure if that will ever stop. Met my MW on wednesday she is lovey.Im due to have bloods taken on monday and waiting for appointment for 12 week scan to come through which I am very nervous about in case they find something wrong. I started feeling nauseous from around week 7 only been sick a few times though and nausea has not really been that bad. I know everyone can be different.

Yes enjoying the sunshine while it lasts hope you are too :) xxx

Welcome JaneyM - you've found a good thread here. The ladies are all lovely. I stalked the thread for ages before finally posting.

Gem - that's very exciting - and if it's the role you are already doing you may as well get paid for it! What would happen at the end of the 12 months though? Would they have to find you another role? I know you would be on Mat leave then (eekkkk!!) but I'd be certain you have a role to come back to. My cynical side is wondering if the are pushing you towards this so that they can manage you. Probably not the case but find out all the facts before you jump.

AFM - days 2 of tablets done and palpitations weren't as bad today so I think it's probably just my natural hormones fighting the northisterone. Had a lovely day with my family & had some fab news that my brother & his wife and 3 girls might be moving closer to me so that is making me smile. DH is on a stag do in Ibiza so he better be behaving himself or there will be murder (after he's given his sample of course!) xxx

Thanks for the welcome ladies and congrats to you who are pregnant!

Tooexcited - seems like you've started really quickly. How are you feeling? Are you still excited?
X

Hi Janey - I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! I'm doing lots of positive visualisation though and keeping my fingers crossed. If my schedule goes to plan I should be testing around DHs bday - wouldnt that be a nice present for us both if we are lucky enough to get a BFP!

It doesn't seem like its come around quickly. There have been months and months of waiting - just like everyone else. And this weather isn't helping either - I am literally dying for a pimms ha ha ha! The waiting will all be worth it in the end though I am certain of that.

Like the others said things do move reasonably quickly once the referral and funding stage has passed. I was slightly delayed due to having to take dhea for 3 months to boost my egg quality but as it happened the timing has worked well for me and I am past a busy spell at work.

I'm also on the short protocol due to my AMH levels so that's also helping me as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Not looking forward to the 2ww but hey ho. Even more gutted as I will be missing a michael buble concert in London which I worked my ass off to get tickets for! ( imagine 4 separate screens refreshing for 2 hours in the presale!) but this is more important and I will get to see him again I am in doubt. Plus hopefully my friends who are going will be able to sell my ticket on so I will get £70 back!

How are you feeling about it all. When is your next appointment? The thing I love the most is that as I leave the clinic now my next appt it booked there and then. No waiting around for letters! I am a Chester though so it may be different xx

Harley, Jamie and wrighty how are your pregnacies going? What week of your pregnacies start giving your sickness?

Cvaeh, Lisa, Lindy, lovetoeatcake, susiesue and AQ hope your all well

Big hugs to all, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine for a change! X x x

Hey everyone hope all are ok and enjoying this lovely weather! I'm just on my way back from litherland so on my phone so sorry for lack of personals...
Just been to see my little lady :)
image.jpg

My pregnancy is going brilliant, but I did start my sickness at 9 weeks, all day... But I think that's due to the fact I work in a kitchen, I'm actually in two weeks sick with hypermesis.

Janey I'm sure I've got a sheet with expected time frame at home ill have a look when I get back, but you've come to the right place here, couldn't ask for nicer supportive people and I wish to thank every one for helping me get through my ivf cycle xxxxx
X

Hi all,

I'm miss accident prone today. Felt so tired all day and nearly fell over - thankfully my best friend caught me. Was panicking all day but mum told me not to worry. Toexcited, at the end of the 12 months I'd go back to my old job. I just don't know what to do. I'm inclined not to go for it, but what's stopping me is my priorities are so different now to what they were a few weeks ago! :)

I'm sad that you can't go see Michael - I proper love him lol! Is there no chance you could go? I'm seeing him on the 5th so I'm so excited!

Jamie you having a girl then? Congrats hun, the pic is beautiful. I've been feeling queasy for the last day or so, nothing too bad only when I've had either a traditional lemonade (which I love) or a caramel shortbread which I made myself for friends daughters birthday party to which I had a tiny slice and couldn't stop my stomach turning.

Janey your very welcome, I hope we've all put you at ease. I stalked the thread for a while before I could post.

Hope everyone is doing really well, the sunshine is beautiful, but BBC claims its only going to last till Tuesday - a mad as this sounds secretly glad as I'm struggling to sleep in this heat!

Hope everyone has had a relaxing Sunday too - boy does the weekend go quick!

Hi Gem - sounds like you have been over doing it in this heat. Take it easy please! Hope the dizziness stops. My palpitations have carried on today... I don't like them!

You need to go with your heart with the job. Which would give you the least stress?

If we go to the planned schedule, buble would be the day after 5 day transfer & even if we do 3 day trf it's prime implantation time and it's not worth the risk... I saw him in manc a few years back and I'm sure he'll tour again...

Tell me about it - I've had a 3 day weekend too & Monday rolls around far too quickly! Xx

Just saying a quick hello ! Will catch up tomorrow hopefully. Big hugs xxxx

Tooexcited - how are you doing the positive visualisation? Are you using a CD? I'm tempted by Zita West but I've read some reviews which aren't so positive.
Yes, it will definitely be worth it... No Michael and no Pimms are a small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things!

I'm not sure how I feel about it all, some days I’m excited and others I have to pinch myself that we’re so close to start… trying to be positive but really difficult as I can never ever imagine getting a BFP, it must be the best feeling in the world.

I think it works slightly differently in the Womens as we don’t have our next appointment scheduled yet, we had our bloods done last week and the nurse said it would be 6 weeks until our consultation. We were hoping for it to be sooner so we would be able to get it in before my next cycle – I’m assuming long protocol as I’ve been told I have an “ok” AMH level but with PCOS I’m not sure – after reading this whole blog I’ve come to the conclusion that this process is never what you expect it to be!

Jamie – Thank you that would be helpful… what an amazing image, so clear and very beautiful! x

Janey I can't put my finger on where I've stashed it.. It's in one of those "secret" places that you say to yourself... If I put it there ill remember it.. Then never do!
But I'm pretty sure it was in the big purple pack thing that was given to me when we had our pie evening! X

Congratulations on the bfp. Hope all goes really well for u.
Janey we waited a couple of months for our consultation app after pie but i think it just depends how busy they are. One of my friends only waited two weeks so 6 weeks is probably about average. Hopefully it will come around fast for u. Ive started my period today to i phoned hospital about getting injections delivered. They said they would ring me back tomorrow. Dontthink ive ever been this excited about my period starting!
I cant wait for it to all start now.

Baby dust to all xx

Hi ladies. Welcome to all the newbies.

I'm on my phone so can't see updates easily but I've had my scan and I'm good to have my transfer next week. Just waiting for someone to call me and tell me what time. Fx that our little frostie survives the thawing now!

I'll catch up with the thread at home later xxx

Mrse Yey! I'm sure your little embie will survive the thawing, just think by next week you'll be PUPO!!

I'm absolutely shattered, all I seem to be doing at the moment is sleeping! Still doesn't feel real! I've decided not to go for that job, I might be doing it at the moment, but to be honest I don't need the stress and wouldn't feel happy not completing a job! Besides I've got far more important things to worry about :)

Hi to everyone sorry for lack of personals but I'm on my phone too!

Hi Gemz, I started feeling nauseous around weeks 6-7, but i've only actually been sick a couple of times. As mine is mostly nausea I find eating eases it lol, hubby says that's the best excuse he's ever heard!

The tiredness I can sympathise with. I still feel like i've been hit with a ton of bricks. I have mad dreams every night and wake several times, then I have to get up to pee! I was so tired by the time I left work last Friday that I went to bed around 8pm and didn't get up until 10am on Sat lol. TBH I find having symptoms reassuring that everything is going well (as well as having a doppler!).

I've been awol for a few days as I had some sad news. An old close friend from school passed away last week, she had been suffering from mental illness and took her own life. The funeral was yesterday, and was incredibly sad. Instead of flowers they asked for donations to MIND which is Stephen Fry's charity. I think it was an excellent idea as it means something positive can come out of this tragedy, and help someone in the same position :thumbup:

Hey everyone - just quickly dropping in to say hi.

Gem - good decision - you have more important things to focus on :happydance:

Janey - I use a couple of apps on my phone for general relaxation etc (they were free in the appstore) and i also have 2 Zita West CDs. I have the getting pg naturally and the IVF one. I wouldnt recommend the natural one - its too general and covers the whole cycle in 20 minutes. I have written to them & requested they split it in to phases so you can focus on what is actually happening in your body at that point in time. The IVF one is much better and has pre and post transfer and 2ww sections which i have used during natural cycles as they work the same way. Her voice is a bit annoying but if you zone out and listen to the backing music it helps to slow and steady your breathing and you feel really good afterwards. Have a look on ebay etc for it as at £15 its expensive (unless you can find a 20% off code on line or from one of her accupuncturists etc).

Hope everyone else is feeling good today. I have booked my "transport visit" at the Hewitt so i will finally get to see where my eggs will be developing etc! On day 5 of the northisterone - 6 more to go! xx

LittlegemZ whats a transport day??
Im starting my injections on 2nd July and im so excited but so nervous.

Clarkea thanks hun, I'm not sure why I've put that I'm sure I was meant to say something but I'm damned if I can remember what!!

I've kinda changed my mind about job, was interviewing today and went to move chairs and my actual boss told me not to. I got pretty annoyed then as I thought hr told him so complelty blerted it out that I was pregnant thinking he knew! Idiot or what - he meant because of my operation!!!

Anyway he's convinced me to go for it saying it doesn't matter as long as I could work till Christmas so I think I'm gonna go for it x x

Sounds like you haven't anything to lose Gem so go with it! Good luck xx

Clarkea - I'm a Chester ivf patient and am only having transfer done at Liverpool so DH has to take the eggies in an incubator to liverpool whilst i am recovering from collection. Then he has to come back to get me! Its a bit of a crazy way to do things but I'm happy with my consultant at Chester so didn't want to start over with new people and it really is just one day/apt slot I will be at the Hewitt depending on when they do the trf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->