IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies our Internet has been down for the past week!! How is everyone going?? We're just waiting for our drugs to be delivered and our appointment is on the 21st to start on the 23rd. Going through a review at work which is abit rubbish but another job has come up at another company which is 5k more but not sure what would happen if the ivf works. Think ill go for it and just see what the outcome is. Xxx

Hi girls I start injections tomorrow absolutely petrified ��

Lmh - don't worry the first time is always nervy but you will be fine and you will be a pro in no time. Good luck.

Rachel - job sounds good just go for it and what will be will be. If I've learnt anything from all my ivf cycles is that's you can't plan on anything xx

Afm - I started the delightful pesseries today but it will be worth it if we get our baba.

Xx

Mrse Yey for starting!! Fx this is the one!

Lmh you'll be fine! Like others have said the first time is the worst, you'll soon be a pro!

Afm changed my mind about the job, I hope I don't regret it but I just don't think starting a new job even thou its in the same place is a good idea. Besides I've still got the battle with my sickness with them

Love to all sorry for lack of personals am on my phone!

Well done my first injection wasn't too bad did come out in a nettle sting type rash where I'd used the sterile wipe anyone else had this ??

I wondered if one of you lovely ladies could tell me the timescales and different drugs that ill be taking I just know I've got 4 prescriptions! Any help would be good thank you xxx

Hi Rachel

I started mine yesterday have you had you drug appt yet?
The lady I saw went through everything but told me not too worry as you get help as you go along with each stage. As I said I started buserelin yestderday & I'm booked in for my baseline 4th July after that (I'm sure someone on here will know better than me) you go onto merional I'm sure she said for 9 days then its egg collection time. As I said she told me to just worry about the buserelin for now as they will talk you through again after your baseline

Fingers crossed for us both Hunni x

Hey Rachel the four different drugs are 3 sets which need to be injected, first one is for about two weeks to down regulate your cycle so the HC can be in control, the next one is a stimming one (you still need to take the first one thou) for about 10-12 days to stimulate your ovaries, then the last injection is to release your eggs you get told exactly when to take it.

From there you have ec and et where you take the last medication - pessaries either vaginally or thru the bum! You take them for 2 weeks till you so a hpt - hope that helps!

Lmh yeah I did at first it's nothing to worry about

Mrse how you getting on?

Afm I'm super sick - not been sick just feel like every bit of motion is going to set me off

Love to all x x x

Rachel - the ladies are correct and don't worry HC will just guide you through it. When they arrive its a little overwhelming cos all what's in front of you needs to get inside you but it's not as bad as you think. Relax this is the part where you can its the 2ww that's the worst part!

Gemz - sorry you feel so sick but take it as a good sign. It's what we all are wishing for so sit back and enjoy the ride xxx

Afm - I'm fine pesseries are unpleasant but a necessary evil. Transfer is Weds and we won't know if we have an embies until we basically get to the clinic down south so I'm just trying not to think about it and be optimistic! I did say trying though!!!! Ha, ha x

Thanks for the advise ladies. Got our drugs appointment a week today! Do you have to do an injection in front of them? My stomachs churning just thinking about it!!

Hiya,

Not posted for a while but have been stalking lol.

Good luck to all you ladies who are in the middle of treatment or waiting to start!

Likklegemz - congratulations! That is such amazing news :)

Rachel - had our drug appointment yesterday and did a 'practice' injection in front of the nurse. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and they talk you through every stage and what to do with it all. Hubby was worse than me with the injection, made him feel a little queasy lol. Sure we'll be pros by the end of this tho!

Sorry for not many personals but am wishing you all lots of baby dust for your treatments

xx

Hi there girls. Was supposed to start my injections for long protocol on 2july. Doctor phoned me on monday n said they are going to put me on short protocol instead. Im going on steritide or something like that. Anyone know why they wud put me on short protocol?

I'm on short protocol too and I think its because I have a slightly lower AMH level.

I will be on menopur and cetratide when i start mine a week's time - eekk!

I don't have any idea why they have changed you hun but it might be worth you asking the question now you have digested the information

Clarkea - usually when you have a lower end of AMH you get put on short protocol. I find it much easier than long. Good luck xx

Hi ladies!

Haven't been on here for a while as the girls are keeping me very busy!! Hope everyone is doing great!
And Gemz a huge congrats! What an amazing journey! Hope your doing ok!
Hi to everyone else, hope your journeys are going well! I've attached a pic of my little miracles! One single frostie that turned into 2 beautiful girls! Don't give up hope, it's all worth it xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 9
Jules- they are beautiful. Enjoy every second and savour it. They grow and change so quickly. X

Hi clarkea just wanted to say the same thing has happened with me - rang and got my drug appointment, then was called back and told I was going to be put on the short protocol.

I was told it was due to me having no issues they could see (we have male factor issues) and a high AMH (yep I know that doesn't make sense considering what mrse has said!)
I double checked at my drug appt tho and the nurse asked if I had PCOS (I don't) and then said oh yes it's because of your AMH level, they're concerned about high risk of OHSS.

I've just trusted they know what they're doing and for whatever reason I'm on short protocol :) Less injections, I'm not complaining!! :haha:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->