IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Lmh, Im really sorry hunni. I know how devastating it is. You think after everything you've gone thru you deserve it to work first time. Take the time just to be you, have a break with the OH, cry, scream shout its all ok and you'll get there in time. You've also got those four frosties as well, so when your physically and emotionally ready to try again you won't cave to go thru all the needles you have done this time round. Who have you asked to see for your follow up?

Wrighty, being under consultant led care is brilliant to be honest. I'm under it too - as I've been identified as having a high risk of preeclampsia from my booking in scan due to family history. I get extra scans too, look at it as an opportunity to see you lo even more and with any luck you'll both be fine.

Tooexcited I'm glad to hear your slowly recovering. To be honest cyprus is too hot!

Susie, thank you! I tried google but I came away super scared! I've spent the last day with a damp towel over my stomach to be safe and I think it's worked as I'm not getting as bothered or annoyed as I did the day before.

Hi to AQ, cvaeh, bugs, Lindy, Lisa, Mrse, janeym and all the rest of the gang. Is it wrong to say I'm really hoping its raining when I get back on Sunday - how I've missed it!

Lmh I have no words, other than I'm really sorry. :hugs:

Wrighty your going to be a fantastic mummy I can tell already. I didn't even have any tests done out of choice.

Gemz glad to hear your feeling bit better.

Hope every one is doing well. I apologise in regards to the rain the past few days, it's probably my fault for cursing the nice weather we were having. Seems it can't win with me x

Hi Ladies, hope you dont mind me joining in the forum? We are currently under LWH and just about to start down reg, so was hoping to have some friends who understand to go on the journey with.
I will give you some history.....we have had 3 cycles of IVF/ICSi 2006-2007 and thankfully had a beautiful baby boy on our 3rd cycle. He is the light of our lives and we thank every day for having him. We have now decided (took us a while) to try and add a sibling.
I have a condition called hypogonadism, which basically means my pituitary gland doesnt tell my ovaries to ovulate, so I have never had a natural period! Sounds good eh? However the implications are that If i dont take hrt, i am like a menopausal woman haha.
The frustrating part is that I have all the bits, and bobs, they just dont get the message to do anything!
So, I was put on Northisterone last week for 7 days. Once I completed no af arrived. I rung clinic yesterday and the nurse spoke to spoke to Mr Kingsland who said to come in for a scan on Tues. Im a little annoyed with myself, as I didnt do Northisterone on any of my previous cycles, so feel Ive wasted a week and money (self funded). I will only down reg for 7 days, as I dont have any hormones to switch off (dont even see the point of down reg for 7 days, may argue this point), then I will stimulate for 10 days ( I use 8amps of menopur as my ovaries are so asleep they need large dose to wake them up!)
All sounds good, but we go away 6th Sept fpr 4 days, so I may just make the whole process by skin of my teeth. If the clinic think its too risky, then I will have to make the choice to postpone, or risk cancelling our trip.
So, theres my story....sorry If I rambled, just hope you dont mind me jumping on board, as reading all of your emotional journeys, knowledge, support and bravery, I know I will be in safe hands xx
PS.. my amh is 9.4( not great apparantley), OH has poor motility

Welcome sugar butties, wow 8 amps of menopur I wouldn't like to see your drugs bill.

Welcome to the thread xxxx

Well I'm 5dp5dt and just wondered how I'm ment to feel!!! The only thing I've noticed is my boobs are sore in the night and wake me up but know that is probably the pessaries causing that!!

Everyone is different Rach some ladies get loads of symptoms and some get none. When you think your baby will only have implanted a couple of days ago so you need to have lot's of extra hormones to create symptoms so a lack of symptoms doesn't mean your not pregnant the same as loads of symptoms does not mean you are.

Enjoy the fact that until that test says your not you can enjoy being nearly pregnant xxxx

Totally agree - the 2ww is absolute torture...

Rachel - I agree with bugs - it could be the progesterone or it could be symptoms. Just try and keep yourself busy over the weekend and do everything you can not to think about it. Easier said than done I know xx

Lmh- hugs xxxx

Wrighty- you are being amazing. Xx
Love and hugs to all. Xxxxx

Hey ladies hope your all ok n had a good weekend. I just wondered when ppls boobs hurt until or was it until you stopped your pessaries. These pessaries have a lot to answer for!!

Mine hurt right through the treatment...and still haven't stopped. Good luck :)

Lmh- Sorry to see you got a bfn but having 4 frosties is amazing and a lot of ladies have a fail on their 1st cycle so you have lots of chance ;) good luck for your FET when you come to have it x

Sugar- Hi and welcome. I was on 8 amps of stimms last cycle too. The drugs bill was £1500! so expensive but we were lucky we only had to pay £4000 for the ICSI as our GP funded the drugs which is super rare but so glad she did as it turned out to be our 3rd fail :( lots of luck x

Gemz- Hope your feeling ok luv and all cosy back home an settled x

Hiya to all the gang xxx

Cveah you sound like you've had an awful time with it but don't give up just yet you might have 2 little fighters there. Did you cycle with Care, I've got my follow up on Thursday not looking forward to it tbh not impressed with them at all at the moment.

I'm definitely going abroad, I think you can do a donor cycle for about 5000 euro's. or you can do 2 own egg cycles for 4000 without meds.

We are going to have 1 last go with my own eggs and if that doesn't work change the 2nd cycle to donor eggs.

I really hope you don't need another cycle and that you get through the next 2 weeks in one piece. I must admit was relieved I could stop meds straight away them gestone injections are a bloody pain in the ass literally xxxx

Thank Bugs.
Yes it was with care and to be fair to them i don't think there is much else they can do with my eggs. I had a mini breakdown when i got out of the transfer room and the poor nurse ended up crying with me. Which clinic abroad are you looking at? I have looked at a few in Spain and Cyprus but to be honest after going over to Belgium for tests abroad really scares me!!!

Quick question about the gestone. What dose were you on? It says 100mg a day but i have no where near enough for two weeks. Are you supposed to alternate it with utrogestron? As i have loads of those from previous cycles.

X x x x

Cvaeh- I am so sorry you had a nightmare egg collection and low grade embies BUT some slow developers do result in babies so as hard as it is, try and keep a open mind. I don't believe for one minute that 'pma makes all the difference' but i do believe hope keeps us going ;) I truly pray with all my heart and soul that you, me and bugs get to be mums soon. I would love nothing more. We are also going to have one last cycle with my own eggs and if that fails, we will be going to Spain for DE. I think it works out around £6000 but havent looked into it properly. We WILL get our babies one way or another. Its just been a awful journey for us 3 but we will get through it together as we have done for the past 4yrs xxx

Keep positive cvaeh it only needs one to make home for the next 9 months!!

Can I ask any of you ladies a tmi question, what was you cm like when you were using pessaries?? My has vanished but on a natural cycle I have loads. I'm using them in the back passage to put in nicely!! Just wondered if they are known to mess with cm?? Xx

Yeah I was on 100mg per day, I just used the injections but you probably could mix & match it. We're looking at Serum in Athens there's loads of information on the fertility friends website about Serum and about other clinics.
We've chosen serum be cause they deal with the immune issues and also because of the reviews it's had it's difficult to find a bad review and we've looked at the flights out of season and it's not too expensive.

Can't advise on the CM Rach sorry xxx

Hi girls

They're seems to be a lot going on at the moment, so apologies if I miss anyone.

Rachel, the pessaries caused all kinds of mischief with me. I alternated how I took them, as I found doing it thru the back passage all the time caused me constipation one min then diarrhea the next. Likewise the sore and tender boobs can be a reason of pregnancy or side affects, it really is too soon to tell I think. My cm didn't change that drastically from what I remember.

Cvaeh, I'm sorry you've had an awful cycle, but I,e others have said, no matter how slim it may be there's still hope until OTD - try to stay positive sweetie, no matter how black it feels.

Bugs, I hope your fu goes better than expected. I know there's a clinic in the Turkish side of cyprus that's supposed to be really good, so that could be another possibility. I've gotten the name somewhere if that helps. It's also supposed to be really good for immune and de too, and its supposed to be reasonable.

AQ, thanks sweetie, holiday was lovely, weather was love.y only downside at the moment is being home! Should have booked for longer

Hi to all the gang - sorry for lack of personals.

I'm really tired at the moment. Cant believe I've hit the second trimester. All I want to do at the moment is sleep but some of that is probably due to stupid flight yesterday and first day back at work today.

Love to all and will chat properly soon gem x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->