IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Great news sugar. Grow follies grow!!!!!! X x x x x x x

Sugar- That's great news :) i think Eeva is the microscope thing that monitors the embies to save keep taking them out to check them isnt it, like a incubator. You get a dvd of the developing embie too i think but quite pricey an i know a few ladies who said they wouldnt use it again but would be nice if the cycle worked to see your embie developing xx

Cvaeh- Any feelings?? only 2 days until otd! ahhhh i am so excited and nervous for you. xx

Hi Africa- i am trying not to think too much about it. I really don't have big expectations but then i can't help thinking maybe i will get a miracle. I have no symptoms at all. I did have sore boobs from the progesterone but even those are normal too now and i am back to my super spotty self so it isn't looking good. How is the job going? X x

Well i am praying for you here and i am not overtly religious but my god i want this to be your time! My new job is going well thanks. Very busy and im working right through the bank hol but hey ho its money and we have our Holiday to Spain in Oct so cant wait for that xxx

Hi guys, really sorry I've been AWOL the past week. It's literally been a case of one thing after another! First I had a whole lot more problems with my BP so had to see consultant and be placed on different iron tablets (which do wonders for your bowels...NOT!), then a dental abcess from hell came along, and there is only so much you can do for it - no X-rays even to double check we've got the correct tooth. In the end after what felt like a hundred visits but probably was only 3 I'm now on antibiotics after clearing it with doctor and midwife. I had my midwife appointment on Friday which meant we finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat - not ashamed to admit it that I cried! Husband and I also bought a few small it's for the baby, nothing much just as a start as we both wanted to get first bits together.

Cvaeh, I'm really thinking of you sweetheart, and sending lots of love, hugs, kisses, luck and prayers so hopefully you'll finally get that :bfp you finally deserve. That goes for AQ, bugs, Mrse your all so strong and have gone so much and I hope that it will be your turn soon. If its anyone who deserves it, it's defiantly you girls for your journey.

Sugar, sounds like the scan went well although I'm sure the cost of menopur brought you down to earth with a bang! With embryoscope and eeva you used to have to pay extra for them (we paid £700 and we were nhs patients) but now as there's been sufficient not evidence that both can help, it's all included! I think you state your preference and if its available the you get it, although some of the girls who have done IVF more recently than me at the women's should be able to offer a bit more help on that. Even thou we paid I remember at the time being told there was no guarantee we'd get it and being upset about it

Rachel how you getting on this week? Sunk in yet? When's your scan?

Janey how you getting on? Hope everything is ok? When's your next scan / et scheduled for? I couldn't see it as I've read through everyone's posts!

Harvey, Jamie, wrighty - hope you pregnancies are progressing nicely. Wrighty how have you got on under the consultant?

Tooexcited, how you feeling? Sending you hugs sweetie, and thanks hun, I can't believe I'm now 16 weeks!

Sending my love and hugs to anyone I've missed including there's so many of us now I'm rather forgetful, plus its early Sunday morning!

Love and hugs gems x x x

Hi Sugar
I used Eeva in march/April it cost £800, I don't think I would use it again, just my opinion. I think it is a help to the embryologist if you have lots of embryos. Which I did I think I had 21 that fertilised, I had 9 still strong at day 3, 5 @ day 5, 1 they transferred, 1 they froze day 5, the other they were leaving another day, but didn't make freezing. I think in the end the embryos select themselves if they make it to day five. I don't think anything would have been different if I hadn't used Eeva, the 2 that made it were the ones the embryologist would have chosen anyway, they chose themselves by making to to day 5. Good luck with your cycle hope this is your time.

Hey Gemz, sounds like you've had a tough time of it, hope its the last of it so you can start to enjoy your pregnancy a bit more? Lovely that you've bought some baby bits!

I'm ok thanks, in for my 10 day scan tomorrow morning so feeling a bit nervous but trying to be relaxed & positive as I had 10 follies on each with the biggest 2 being 13 & 14 on Thursday. The nurse didn't want to suggest ec dates but thinking it could be Wed, Thurs or Fri depending on results.

Good luck for tomorrow Cvaeh.... Still got my fingers crossed for you xxx

Cvaeh- EVERYTHING crossed for tomorrow for you. xxx

Janey- Good luck for your scan, im sure all will go well xxx

Hi to everyone else x

Gemz I don't think it's still sunk in yet, scan is the 5th which I think will help is believe its true!! Cannot wait to start buyin things but think that will be the 13 week scan!! Sorry you've had a rubbish time but hopefully the Antibiotics will kick in.

Good luck for everyone with scans this week n for cvaeh for testing xxx

Just to let you know it was another BFN for me this morning. I knew it would be but you always have that bit of hope. X x x

Cvaeh I'm so sorry, it really doesn't get any easier does it.

Have you thought about your next steps xxx

Hi ladies

I thought I would check in Cveah I'm so sorry it's just heartbreaking and each time it gets not easier. Thinking of you xx

Hi to the rest of the gang on here. Nothing to report from me still paying off last round before we can go again. I have asked my private consultant for all my notes and they want £50 admin to send them to me! Cheeky buggers they are my records! X

Cveah - I'm not sure yet there are few in london I want to have a consultation with before making decisions. All I know is that one more with my eggs and out of that I need to know if I have an egg prob (have zero AMH but I get about 3-4 mature eggs each cycle and between 75-100% fertilisation and got to Blasto each time) or immune although I've been tested for all know immune issues and all back normal. So I need to know if I need donor eggs cos mine are rubbish or of I can't carry then surrogate is an option. Either way we need to save or win the lottery!

Where will you go for de?

Cvaeh I'm so sorry hunni. I was really hoping it would be a positive outcome despite what you thought was a small chance. However you get there you'll be a fantastic mummy and your child / children will be loved.

Thinking of you and here if you need me x x x

Cvaeh I'm so sorry hunni. I was really hoping it would be a positive outcome despite what you thought was a small chance. However you get there you'll be a fantastic mummy and your child / children will be loved.

We all seemed to have hit the same point at the same time, I'm thinking 1 more go with my own but then definately moving to donor eggs.

I don't think anyone could say we never all gave it our best shot between us we've spent tens of thousands and endured so much heartache so even if our babies are genetically not our own they could never say they were not wanted.

Both of you get yourselves over to the 3 failed cycles or more thread and we'll do this together xxxx

Bugs didn't know that thread existed! I will have a look x

Hi guys, really sorry I've been AWOL the past week. It's literally been a case of one thing after another! First I had a whole lot more problems with my BP so had to see consultant and be placed on different iron tablets (which do wonders for your bowels...NOT!), then a dental abcess from hell came along, and there is only so much you can do for it - no X-rays even to double check we've got the correct tooth. In the end after what felt like a hundred visits but probably was only 3 I'm now on antibiotics after clearing it with doctor and midwife. I had my midwife appointment on Friday which meant we finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat - not ashamed to admit it that I cried! Husband and I also bought a few small it's for the baby, nothing much just as a start as we both wanted to get first bits together.

Cvaeh, I'm really thinking of you sweetheart, and sending lots of love, hugs, kisses, luck and prayers so hopefully you'll finally get that :bfp you finally deserve. That goes for AQ, bugs, Mrse your all so strong and have gone so much and I hope that it will be your turn soon. If its anyone who deserves it, it's defiantly you girls for your journey.

Sugar, sounds like the scan went well although I'm sure the cost of menopur brought you down to earth with a bang! With embryoscope and eeva you used to have to pay extra for them (we paid £700 and we were nhs patients) but now as there's been sufficient not evidence that both can help, it's all included! I think you state your preference and if its available the you get it, although some of the girls who have done IVF more recently than me at the women's should be able to offer a bit more help on that. Even thou we paid I remember at the time being told there was no guarantee we'd get it and being upset about it

Rachel how you getting on this week? Sunk in yet? When's your scan?

Janey how you getting on? Hope everything is ok? When's your next scan / et scheduled for? I couldn't see it as I've read through everyone's posts!

Harvey, Jamie, wrighty - hope you pregnancies are progressing nicely. Wrighty how have you got on under the consultant?

Tooexcited, how you feeling? Sending you hugs sweetie, and thanks hun, I can't believe I'm now 16 weeks!

Sending my love and hugs to anyone I've missed including there's so many of us now I'm rather forgetful, plus its early Sunday morning!

Love and hugs gems x x x

I dont see consultant again until 24 weeks (4 weeks tomorrow) when im due to have a growth scan then i see him again 28, 30 and 32 weeks. I have 20 weeks scan on wednesday which i am nervous about incase they find something wrong. If they do think i will see consultant earlier to talk things through but not totally sure lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->