IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Kate- You will get referred to the womens and then they will invite you to a PIE(patient information evening) and you go with dh and around 20 other couples and they have consultants, embryologists there giving talks etc and you get a file with forms for blood tests etc etc and once all your bloods are done an the womens gets the results and all ok, they will invite you for a joint consultant meeting which is usually with a nurse and she will go through everything and based on how many couples they have cycling and when your period is due, they will get you booked in for a needle teach and then its all systems go :) xxx

Thanks for that info AQ! As far as I'm aware we do not have to go to the PIE at the women's because Arrowe Park is now a satellite clinic so we do everything there, all bloods, scans etc then only EC and ET at the women's. I may be wrong about PIE but am sure that's what the nurse said last time I saw her, was months ago though!
Hopefully we'll be good to go in a couple of months or so!
Xx

Hi Kate, we had our PIE on 22nd May, bloods 5th June, consultation 24th June, started on jabbing 17th August (typically AF was 2weeks late) ec last week & et this week... So now in 2ww.
I hated waiting too - I have to say for me since injecting its gone quickly - might be because i was on short protocol - but really slowly before then and even now I can't believe we've gone through our first cycle of Ivf.
I love all the staff I met at the Hewitt centre too!

Have you had PIE / bloods yet? Could you be on SP because of your diabetes?
Good luck let us know how you get on!

Hi to everyone else xxx

,kate even thou arrow park is a satellite site, you would still need to attend a pie session. It's standard procedure for nhs patients, and its a way to make the waiting times quicker than they are (I know all the tricks the nhs pull seeing that I work in an nhs trust!) it may be thes a pie session at arrow park, dunno really. My minds gone to mush but one of our ladies on here had ec at Chester so only had et at Liverpool, she may be able to tell ou if she had her pie there!

Jamie, hope your doing better than me during your 2ww! Fx for your bfp!

Ps guessing your a teacher! Hubby is too and went back today! Don't worry I won't give you stick about your holidays, I know how blooming hard you guys work! :)

I said to hubby the other day, as long as you doing more than 2 and a half hours a night 'homework' you have earned your breaks, as that what it works out as! Lol!

Janey I think gem meant you :) you keep coming up Janet on my phone. Damn auto correct xx

Jamie's right, stupid ipad. You either come up as Jamie or Janet, have to watch it. Sorry JANEYM! ;)

Kate - I am the Chester lady Gem was talking about and we didn't have a PIE session.

We signed all our forms in April then started jabbing mid June. Once the process gets going it moves fairly quickly.

Glad you are enjoying your sessions with Jackie. Have you met Eric yet?

Love to all the gang xx

Tooexcited I thought it was you!!!!! I didn't want to say so unless I was 100% sure!

Good luck at FU

X x x

Littlegemz- yep I'm a teacher, got Reception this year so they were in for just half a day today, half day tomorrow then full time from Friday (although I will only be in half a day because of Arrowe park!) They were really cute today, luckily no cryers either! Hehe!

Excited- met Eric, such a little dog compared to mine! But Jackie is great, so positive all the time which is what I need!

Will keep you posted about my appointment on Friday, really hope we get a date of some sorts!

Love and babydust to all!! Xxx

Littlegemz- yep I'm a teacher, got Reception this year so they were in for just half a day today, half day tomorrow then full time from Friday (although I will only be in half a day because of Arrowe park!) They were really cute today, luckily no cryers either! Hehe!

Excited- met Eric, such a little dog compared to mine! But Jackie is great, so positive all the time which is what I need!

Will keep you posted about my appointment on Friday, really hope we get a date of some sorts!

Love and babydust to all!! Xxx

Oh your so lucky to be dealing with the little ones, husband teaches 11-18 - they're not so nice! Moody teenagers! And it makes naming any child difficult as he's more than likely had a run in with a kid of that name!

Fx you'll have that problem soon!

Love to all the gang, not much to report on at this end. My electrics are still not working, and I'm still living in the dark! :(

Hey
Had et yesterday and despite spending the entire of my first cycle calm, collected and positive, I seem to have suddenly entered into mild panic! Had 16 collected, 13 fertilised and 1 excellent quality transferred and waiting to see if others are ok for freezing today....

My panic of today is... What if my womb lining isn't right? Why didn't they look and measure? What is no others get frozen?!
Had One other of good quality but they weren't sure if it would freeze... Now wish I'd asked for them to pop it in too... But it's all a bit late now... Anyone else going through this? Or is it just control. Freak, nut job me surfacing for this fortnight?!
:wacko:

Hey Victoria - it's pretty bad isn't it? X
I'm in the same boat as you, 1 amazing blasto transferred and hopes are high, but then reality sets in!
I know everyone said it was bad but didn't think I would feel like this... but I have been reminding myself that this is and has been out of my control, I've done what I can... I'm back to work which is making things easier as I have other things to focus on. I'm also giving myself little hurdles to get through this e.g. meal out, cinema, drinks with the girls, hairdressers, nails, date night, meal out with the parents and siblings... I'm hoping it will soon be here!
Trying to enjoy it as it lasts as next week the feeling could be different! X

Are you back at work?

Hi to everyone else!

How are you getting on Sugar? Good I hope xXX

Victoria- Welcome an good luck. The 2ww really sucks. Dreading going through it again for the 4th time next year as deffo worse part of a cycle x

Janey- Glad to see you are keeping occupied but it still plagues you doesnt it? every cycle i have said im going to be calm an go with the flow an i can never shut off, even though i know what will be will be... weird isnt it. Good luck! when is OTD? x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hello Ladies

I havent been on this thread for quite some time. Its very busy - best of luck to all those cycling and in the dreaded 2ww.

AQ: great to see you are going for a 4th round. I havent read all the posts - you sticking with the Womens?

Earlier this year I had my second cycle - 19 eggs, 14 fertilised then on day 3 only four were left. I have moderate OHSS and was so unwell. All 4 were frozen. All 4 however were at least a days behind where they should have been progress wise and so they were all thawed a day early to give them chance to catch up. Unfortunately none of them made any progress overnight so my ET today was cancelled.

The was our last NHS cycle and there is no way I could afford private. I have asked for an appointment with Dr Trupe to discuss embryo quality in particular. Havent got a clue what my next step will be now. Adoption is very daunting

Victoria, I'd like to give you some positive advice on what to do during your 2ww following IVF, but truth be told I was a bit of a wreck. I googled everything, symptom spotted and worked myself up so many times. Best advice is take every day as it comes and stay away from google - far too dangerous. I hope everything goes really smoothly and wishing you well! Fx you'll get you bfp! Oh and welcome! :)

Melbram its really nice to hear from you and I'm terribly sorry to hear your news. I wish I could say or do something that would help.i know its a long shot but have you thought about launching an appeal to see if you could get a third nhs cycle? As AQ will no doubt tell you it's a long drawn out process but it does happen, depending on your ccg (they've replaced the PCTs) given that you couldn't transfer due to OHSS you may have a shout. Regardless of your decision, you will get there eventually even if that's as you say through adoption, it doesn't matter how. You'll make a fantastic mum!

I'm here if you need me, sending lots of hugs and am thinking of you x c

Hey all, thanks for your lovely messages... Sending all the luck in the world to all of you. A friend pointed put to me today that they do a scan just before EC so if there we an issue with my lining it would show... Opinions?

So janey.. Today I made two vats of soup, a loaf, a cake and I worked from home! Tomorrow going back to work and think that will make the days goes faster!

Thanks to you all for your supportive messages... I have found the rest of the IVF process a breeze so guess it had to get me at some stage!

Melbram ... I hope you get some support from the ccg...it would be crazy not to offer you another chance when it was cancelled... Xx

Hi everyone,

Victoria they normally monitor your lining at your scans prior to treatment so aslong as it was a good thickness on them scans they will get you to trigger if not you would coast for a few days but I wouldn't worry they wouldn't have done transfer with a shitty lining xxx

Melbram so sorry to hear about your frosties. I never made it to transfer on my last cycle and they think it was due to egg quality. Do you mind me asking your age and what dose of stimms you were on.

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Hi everyone

good luck to all those in their too week wait!!!

Melbram- i am so sorry to hear what happened. It is awful not making it to transfer. My issue is egg quality too and after six cycles i still haven't managed to find a good egg. I am moving on to donor. I haven't made an appointment yet as just getting over my last fail but will do in the next few weeks. I hope they can give you some answers and you get a plan of action. X x x x

Thanks bugs... Still getting used to the forum.. Does your bfp mean a cycle has worked for you?
I wish you all the luck in the world also and to cvaeh.. I would happily donate but read I'm too old now.. I hope it works out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->