IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks bugs... Still getting used to the forum.. Does your bfp mean a cycle has worked for you?
I wish you all the luck in the world also and to cvaeh.. I would happily donate but read I'm too old now.. I hope it works out x

In 7 cycles I've had 3 positives but no baby yet, I think it's down to egg quality also. My last pregnancy I had a lovely pregnancy sac which had grown and my body had'nt rejected but the baby stopped growin really early on so donor eggs maybe our way forward. Going to try one last time though.

Good luck with the 2 week wait xxx

Bugs and caveh so sorry to hear about your last cycles you are both so strong putting yourself through numerous cycles x

I'm 26, oh 31. I was on LP both times and both times on meronial I think that's what it was called - 2 amps. Second time I had around 40 follies and both occasions got 19 eggs x we were referred for ivf due to mail infertility so don't know no whether its egg or sperm issue x

Gems I hadn't thought about trying to get extra funding taking into account AQs earlier experience with the circumstances being so exceptional but will definitely have a look into it now x

Melbram glad to hear you'll look into it, I still think its worth a shot esp I'd you can get your GP, MP and consultant on your side.

As I work in the nhs I know all their rules and regulations so pm me if needed.

Love to all, thankfully it's Friday!!!

Bugs and caveh so sorry to hear about your last cycles you are both so strong putting yourself through numerous cycles x

I'm 26, oh 31. I was on LP both times and both times on meronial I think that's what it was called - 2 amps. Second time I had around 40 follies and both occasions got 19 eggs x we were referred for ivf due to mail infertility so don't know no whether its egg or sperm issue x

Gems I hadn't thought about trying to get extra funding taking into account AQs earlier experience with the circumstances being so exceptional but will definitely have a look into it now x

So you were only on a low dose anyway, I think my dose was too high at 6 amps as I got 17 eggs but only 7 useable and none fertilised. I have a feeling that high stimms can affect egg quality but doesn't really seem like the case for you xxx

Yes Im assuming 2 amps is the lowest because I over stimulated on #1 so thought they might change it for #2. Maybe if I do go for #3 look at a different clinic/protocol/stims etc

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend?!
So we had our consultation at Arrowe Park today. Went through lots of paperwork and got lots of forms to fill in before next appointment. We both had to go for blood tests too.
We will have another appointment in 4-5 weeks, in the meantime the hubby has to take a sperm sample to LWH for analysis (next available time slot was 1st Oct). So we are back to waiting again!!!! At least we don't have to attend a PIE at LWH. The consultant said its likely to be November or December that we start, I'm sure it will come round quick enough.
How on earth do u girls stay positive through the waiting and your cycles?! Am trying hard but can't help but feel lightly deflated and negative about the whole process! One of my friends has recently announced her 3rd pregnancy and I am very very jealous!!! (Obviously thrilled for her too though!)

Anyway, I'm ranting now!! Have a brill weekend, I'm enjoying a glass of vino or two while I still can!
Xxxxx

Oh, and also we will be having the endometrial scratch....... Any experiences of this? Never even heard of it until today!!

I read all your message but I only saw one word... Wine!!!!
It does all seems so at away but I promise it does fly by once you get towards the end and then it's really scary. I felt just like yoi did to the point of thinking I wasn't going to bother with it all but in my humble opinion it has been fine and I would do it again (but hope I don't have to)...
Good luck xxxx

The endo scratch is fine, it's just like a smear and you barely feel it didn't get to transfer to test out it like. A waste of £205 for us xxx

Hi Kate to me that sounds really positive! It's not long to Nov/ Dec so I agree with Victoria it goes fast & the process in my opinion is ok including the injections & procedures. I think the wait for Ivf prepares you & teaches you to be patient.... As the wait for the fertilisation report after ec, then the wait to the et & then 2ww are difficult compared to the wait to start.
My advice would be enjoy food, wine & your husband... Look forward to the little hurdles of the appointment together it will soon be here & you never know you may have a bfp for Xmas.

AFM - definitely getting twinges downstairs & getting annoyed with the pessaries... Can't wait to finish them. Got our letter yesterday we've got 2 embryos on ice... Delighted!

How are you feeling today Victoria? Did you feel better being in work? X

Melbram - so sorry about your latest cycle, I'm sure you'll fine a way to get your happy ending x

Hi to everyone else xxx

Hey janey
Yes thanks going back to work the day after was a much better idea than being at home.. 2 days have passed a lot quicker... When are you due to test janey? I am a little frustrated as that's the one thing causing me a little stress right now is not knowing how many have (or maybe haven't) been frozen... Rang but they wouldn't tell me... It's just a little niggle at the back of your mind ...
But that's fabulous news for you! Hopefully you won't need them this time but its a great plan b hey! When you say twinges... Today I had a little couple ones and I just got in from acupuncture and am having a lie down and I have a butterflies sensation in tummy... Sure it's nothing but we live in hope hey!
So how else are you feeling? Xxx

Janey 2 frosties is brilliant news! As part of any nhs treatment, they're classed as your first cycle so fx your successful you can use them to have a sibling!

Victoria I found it stressful to, but you will get a letter so try not to worry.

Just taking it easy today, gone out with mum and done a bit of shopping! Officially poor now!

Love to all x x x

Melbram- I am sorry to hear that your embies didnt make it :( tbh as regards a 3rd cycle, i really can't see it happening as we got our MP involved and took it as far as we could and they still refused. Mr K said that he has not seen any couple get a 3rd NHS cycle in the past few years. Worth a try but just be aware chances are it won't happen. What is worth a go is asking your GP to fund your drugs as that saves £1000-£1500 depending on how many amps you need. Our GP did that for us which helped a lot financially. We still had to find £4000 for the ICSI but my dad helped us with that. Obviously with this being our 4th cycle, that is why we won't be having it until next Autumn as it will take that long to save enough. It is so emotionally and financially draining that we won't be having anymore cycles if this one fails until around 2yrs time and then it would be with DE as can't go through much more. I wish you all the very best x

Kate- I had the endo scratch but it was done whilst i had my lap. It made no difference for me sadly but our issue is egg quality not womb issues anyway so if egg quality is fine then it may help x

Hi to Bugs, Cvaeh, Gemz, and all the gang x

AFM- I am off out to Liverpool tonight with all the twenty somethings from work so gonna feel old but the plus side is that none of them have kids so no baby talk at all! yaaaay! haha xxx

Thanks gemz...
I had no idea how they work out the funding... I wrote to my ccg as we were only offered one despite the fact there were several couple at our pie with 2... I got some ridiculous letter back with no real comment from them so if (and I hope not) this cycle doesn't work I intend on writing again and appealing me asking for a face to face as I want a real explanation why all funding is not equal...

Is it obvious it's a Saturday and its booze free! Better get off my soap box!

Victoria, that's odd. All CCGs in northwest offer 2 rounds of IVF treatment as standard. What ccg do you come in at? I work in the nhs so I know all their stupid rules. I no longer work for our ccg but transferred to a different trust last year as it was a promotion. If you want to pm me some details ill have a look in work as we still have access to trust policies etc.

On a random topic, Im proper fuming. Picked my brother up from Liverpool airport the other week, and didn't realise I'd stopped in a no stopping area. £60 quid fine on my door step today after a shopping trip with mum, £100 if I pay it after 14 days, I can't type what I've been calling them since I read the letter!

AQ have a fab night! Have a drink for me! Love to all the gang x x x

Hey gemz
Just pm'd you... Is everyone else on here two rounds also or anyone from the warrington ccg who knows any different?
Ouch re the fine... They are on you there... Most airports have people who move you along. But oh no at liverpool they charge you automatically.... Sorry that's put a bummer on your night..
In bed with the dog and the proms... X I am rock and roll

Hi girls :)

Long time no speak, been stalking you all for months & there's so much gone on......xx

Hello to AQ, Bugs, MrsE, Cvaeh, Melbram, Lisa & anyone else I've missed oh & the newbies xx :kiss:

AFM, we've had a huge shock this afternoon, still think its a miracle In its self..... Peed on a stick & got a :bfp:, was crying with my kecks down In the toilet door when the result came through..... I honestly don't know what to think at the moment, my mind Is racing, scared, overwhelmed!!! We haven't used contraception for years since our ectopic In 2008..... We're told In 2010 that we wouldn't be able to conceive naturally as I'd lost my right tube to the rupture & that the left tube was fully blocked ( lap & dye Investigation ) hence going through IVF last year which resulted In our beautiful baby girl being born on XMas Day with an AMH of 0.00.... First thing that crosses my mind It's an ectopic as the left tube Is apparently blocked!! Don't know how far along I am as I avent kept track but what I do know Is that It was sometime In July that I had my period last.... CB said 3+ so could be further along...... Can't wait to head to the GP's office first thing Monday..... Gobsmacked, never thought I'd see a positive again let alone naturally..... Will keep you all posted In what's happening either way xxx Love to you all xxx

Sharkey

Congratulations sweetie!!! I'm super pleased for you! That's lovely news to hear, similar to me in some respects!!!!

Goths just now and there when I wiped there was bright red blood... I only had transfer on weds... It's not flooding but it was a good few wipes worth..

Sharkey that is great news congrats !

AQ: thanks for the info I hadn't thought about getting GP to cover drugs and as for funding #3 if u couldn't get funding then I don't k ow who could its so absurd x role on next autumn when u can start again the wait is horrible x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->