IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Victoria nothing really. On OTD whatever your result you phone the clinic. If you get a bfp you'll be booked in for ultrasound to see how your embryo is getting on. If its a bfn (as it was in my case) they offer you a councelling session, ask who you want your follow up with and arrange that. As far as I know you don't have any bloods done.

Hey Gemz & Victoria.... hubby is happy to test today, but I'm going to follow the rules and not tempt fate.
I'm testing on Friday after work not in the morning - the reason for this is that I don't want to test before work & can't take the day off - I would leave it till Saturday but in a twist of back to front superstition I feel like I need to do a test at some point on Friday 13th too!
I don't have a clue, I don't have any symptoms which are different to bum bullet symptoms & my AF pains come & go with different levels of pain too - I think at first I was really positive with my perfect 5 day blasto but as days have gone on I'm getting more & more negative! More excited that I only have 4 bum bullets to go!
Is it normal to not want to test, thinking I might not test and see what happens! :)
Question - Do you think it matters that I test in the afternoon, I'll be 11dp5dt, but know that it's better to test in the morning?

Victoria - you've still got a few days left yet, it could all change. Is this your first go? Fingers crossed for you lovely! XXX

Congratulations Sharkey & fellow Friday 13th tester Sugar.... wonderful news XXX

Janey, I may be wrong but I thought you were supposed to test with fmu.

Good luck thou x

Congratulations sugar and sharkey :happydance: :happydance: xx

Good luck testing janey and Victoria xx

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Oh janey you are unbelievably good and strong... I am a weak weak person! I'm not getting negative yet but if tomorrow is still negative I think I may start to be realistic....

So sorry for tmi - cm - quite a lot and gunky... not using cyclogest frontally so it's not that... So sorry to be gross it freaked me out

On a plus point just been stopped by some woman in a petrol station and given her business card with her stating 'we are always looking for strong, beautiful women to work for us'... The card is very ambiguous... Do you think she could be from a cult or those mad Avon women? But hey strong, beautiful ... That I will be take on a day like today!

Hey janey yes.. First go x I believe in miracle stories... I just don't seem to get,one!

If you've waited till test day the HCG should be strong enough at any point in the day or you could always take a sample of your wee in the morning and use that later. Good luck girls xxx

Congratulations on the pregnancy's ladies so lovely to see xxxx

Janey....I understand not wanting to test, as its nice to keep hold of that feeling of "I may be pregnant". If Im honest, I just knew thats why I tested. I felt a little "drunk" in the mornings and my nipples are so sore. All early symptoms I experienced with my first pregnancy.
I feel very tired today and have been experiencing really sharp shooting pains across my uterus area. Hope thats a positive and not a negative sign that something isnt right. Gosh, we worry about getting pregnant, then worry about keeping hold of our miracles.....worry, worry, worry!

Gemz.....Hope you are feeling ok today?

Victoria....still 5 days until your test date. Dont panic xxxxx

Thanks sugar. Feeling a bit better, went back to docs today, she's a bit worried that I'm doing too much so has ordered me to rest - hence having a lazy day. Everyone's been saying it, but I suppose I trying to sort loads out in work before I go off. On the bright side she prescribed me pregacare which saved me 14 quid in telcos (as its 3 for 2 at the moment).

Loves not paying for prescriptions!

How you doing? Think its totally normal what you are experiencing I was pretty much the same. X x x

Sugar- CONGRATS! lovely news x

Janey- Good luck for Fri! x

Victoria- not long for u now either x

Gemz- Get well soon x

Lisa- Nice to see you x

Hi to Melbram, Bugs, Cvaeh, Susie, Jamie, Lindy and all the gang x

Big fat negative again.... Be honest girls its starting to not look good is it? 8dp5dt (even trying to kid myself that as I had my transfer late in the afternoon I'm on,y 7.5)

I know what you are going to say... It's too early but google is full of positives at this point and negatives at this point see, to stay that way..

So sorry Victoria, it really is cruel. There is still time but my mantra was expect the worst but hope for the best xxxx

Victoria I'm sorry to hear this. My mantra was the same as bugs, expect the worst but hope for the best. there's still a small chance that this could change. I know when we did our first round of ivf I tested a day early and the result didn't change the next day, so you are prepared just in case. Have you taken the day off?

Ivf whilst giving us hope is so cruel when this happens. Sending you lots of hugs x x x

Oh Victoria, I'm so sorry about your latest test & not to give you hope but you do hear about tests changing. They give us OTD for a reason!!!
I'm the same as Bugs & Gemz... hubby is the opposite, we'll see what happens, not long for me & am dreading it as I think I know the result! :l
Hope you're ok... xxxx

Hey
Come home early... I have horrific headache today and just feel terrible.. I know I still have three days to go before the test date but I think it would show a positive by now...
. Good luck tomorrow janey... X

Victoria I thought OTD was tomorrow! That's far too soon to test hun, one day early I think is fine and would give you an accurate result but not that early. My bfp didn't show for 4 days after due date x x x

hello ladies

bit of a strange post but here goes i received a letter today for LWH about my frozen embryos (they have quite a few there) Now with me being with a new partner and both being able to have kids I wont be using them myself. I would hate them to just perish and would really love to donate them to someone who would use them but there is a problem on the letter it states that they dont accept embryos if you have used donated sperm which we did due to ex having azoospermia. Now i have just given them a ring to see if that is correct as i really would love to donate them and hopefully make a couples dreams come true and would hate the thought they would just perish and not be used. Jan wasnt there but spoke to a lovely lady called Claire who didnt know all the ins or outs but she belives it depends on the consent of the donor so i have to ring back tomorrow to speak with Jan and get all the details really do hope i can donate them i will be gutted if i couldnt and would have to leave them perish

Wrighty I've not heard of that to be honest. I would think that given the donor gave consent in first place, it shouldn't be a problem but obviously it depends on the policies of the women's. I'm sure they'll give you an answer x x x

Victoria.....there is still time hun. Ive heared lots of people not have a positive until test date. It is cruel though isnt it?

Janey.....thinking of you. got everything crossed

Hi to everyone else. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back