IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi melbram
Not tested but there is little point... Heavy bleeding now. It's been a tough day. Hubby and I almost had a row (my way of dealing with this is to focus ... I have written to my head of ccg, mp and jeremy hunt (SOS for health) about the fact warrington only offer one round). He is worried I will get too involved (which I will!)
Anyway, we stopped before we started and had a hug, he is more realistic about it not working where as I thought it was our turn... I really did and am so disappointed.
I am worried I can't support pregnancies... I have such light periods I can't believe there is enough there for an embryo to bury in. I was worried about my lining and the fact it wasn't checked before the transfer. Looking into where and how I want to go about trying again to try and focus on something positive.... I can kid myself hey!

Victoria....so gutted for you both. The feeling is awful and you feel anger. If focusing on your complaint keeps your mind occupied, then go for it. You need somewhere to channel your frustration. OH always get the backlash of our emotions, but thats what they are there for hun. You both need each other at this time.
Wont bother with any cliches, as its just basically cruel and unfair that we cant conceive naturally. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Open that bottle of red xxxx

So sorry Victoria, enjoy the wine and lots of it refocus and look forward.

My way of coping is by planning our next steps if you think your lining is an issue question the clinic and it may be worth asking for your notes to look through xxxx

Victoria I'm so sorry Hun that it wasn't your time :hugs: Enjoy your wine and like the others have said, it's tough but you will get through it. We are here for any support you need.
I have v light periods, about 2 days, I've always worried about that but during my cycle they said my lining was fine. You could maybe raise it at your follow up but try not to worry as I don't think it's a major factor. Big hugs :hugs: x

Hi all

Just a quick one from me I'm exhausted after spending the day with my twin terror sisters!

Victoria, I'm so sorry hun. Do whatever keeps your mind occupied, grieve for what you've gone through,but have hope for your future. Sending lots of hugs, and hope. Hope you enjoyed your wine and you've taken it easy. If you can take some time off work x

Sorry for lack of personals but think I'm about to fall asleep! Love to all the gang x x x x

So sorry Victoria. It sucks but i was your 1st cycle and no matter how sad you feel now you will get over the fail and be raring to go again and LOTS of ladies get their BFP 2nd time around. Its actually not as common as it seems for women to get a BFP on their 1st cycle. Those that do are incredibly lucky. Thinking of you. Stay strong xxx

Thanks Africa.. I have good moments where I'm 'well yoi know what I'm so lucky in so many other areas, I bet ivf just wasn't for me and I'll get a natural' (we have no issues (we know of)) and then moments of 'I will never be a mum' which is something I could maybe live with, but I couldn't bear the idea of not seeing my hubby with a child of our own.
I guess it early days.. We are about to book flights to go away on Thursday so at least I o my have to go through a few days of everyone being so nice.. That's the bit I find hard as I'm just trying to keep it together. Hope everyone else is well x

Can't help think of those of you who got your bfp and how different you weekend must have been! Hope it was every bit as wondrous as I imagine xx

Victoria there's nothing I can say or do to make you feel better, but know you are in my thoughts. Spend some time with hubby having a break and enjoying each others company and one day you'll get there too. Take it easy and look after yourself, hear when you need some one to tak. Big hugs hunni x x x

Have a well deserved break Victoria. Come back refreshed ready to go again (if that's what you decide). Lots of love xx

Victoria, you are already looking at the positives of the situation by saying that you may get a natural ;) that is a HUGE plus point. Something than can never happen for some of us so keep that in your mind and look at how many women get pregnant naturally following a fail, even a few in this thread ;) Enjoy your hol and life will sort itself out. xxx

Thank you Africa... I see under you post that life hasn't dealt you the easiest of hands on this front either.. Have you any plans for your future? X

Yeah iv been thru the mill :(
lost both tubes in 2010 due to ectopics and then we have had 3 failed cycles since. I have poor egg quality too just to add to the mix. I won't give up though. Just before my mum died in 2011 she told me i would have my baby one day and i truly believe that as my mum was very good at foreseeing things :) We will try one more cycle with my own eggs next year and if that fails we will have a DE cycle in 2015 god willing xxx

Girls just a vey quick one from me as I'm planning an early night

Saw this and thought it may be of interest to some of you, not sure if anyone has already seen it so apologies if you have

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23897664

Hope you are all well

Ive had the go ahead to donate my embryos :) just need to sort out when i will be able to visit liverpool for counselling and blood test which will be hard as im now living near swansea so not an easy train trip like it used to be :/ OH has to come too and hes busy with work at the moment so dont think we will get round to it until sometime next year at the earliest (we have till 2020 to sort it) but its nice to know i can donate and hopefully help a couples dreams come true :)

Reading that message made me cry, I think you're amazing, what a wonderful gift :hugs:

Wrighty that's amazing! Youll be hopefully giving the gift of a child to someone who is unable too. It's a shame you can't do a tele conference though.

I hope this isn't insensitive, given that we've still got lots of ladies on here waiting for their bfp and pregnancy, but just wanted to share with all you fab ladies as you've been with me on my journey that my 20 week scan yesterday went really well. Baby's perfect if a bit of a wriggler so gave the poor woman a bit of a breakdown. Didn't find out the sex as we wanted to keep it a suprise.

Sending love to all the gang, AQ, Mrse, cvaeh, bugs, Lindy, Lisa, wrighty, susiesue, Jamie, Harley, Victoria, janey, Tooexcited, sugar and anyone else I've missed (there's lots of us now!) x x x

Wrighty: that is fab news and such a lovely thing to do

Gems: glad to hear your scan went well bet your starting to show now :)

afm attended follow up today with Dr Troupe - lovely guy. As I though egg quality is being affected by OHSS but on the whole I have lots of eggs and OH's sperm are almost in normal ranges! count is 13mil (average has now been brought down from 20mil to 15mil which I didnt know until today) and his motility and morphology are normal. If we keep fit and healthy then there is no real reason why we couldnt get a natural BFP. I feel much more hopeful now

Wrighty; that's a wonderful thing that you are doing..... Giving a couple a family that they truly deserve xxx

Gemz; really pleased that your scan went well, yey!!! xx

Melbram; brilliant news you have had at the follow up!! Get at it like rabbits, de-stress & relax... It will happen when you least expect It xxx

AFM; nothing to report other than we are counting the days till our 12wk scan....

Hello to all the gang, too numerous to mention these days!!! xxxxx

Hope everyone is well just popping in to see how everyone is. I'm just sitting having my hair coloured ready for my 32nd Bday tomorrow. Where I will eat lots and drink even more. Won't be doing another cycle till next year so taking full advantage. Have a nice weekend everyone xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->