IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi lovelies. Hope you are all well. Xxx

My acupuncturist did natural ivf and luckily got twin girls. Xxx

Good morning all, hope your all having a lovely start to the weekend. Nothing much to report over here, just thought I'd pop in and see how you are all doing.

Hope everyone is well and thinking of you all

Gem x x x

Hi everyone.

Not much to contribute but wanted to say hi and i hope you are all ok x

AFM- Off to Spain for a week on Thur with dh for much needed break :) cannot wait. xxx

Have a lovely time x

I have become a political vigilante! We only get one round funded where I live (although 5 miles one way and 10 another you get 3)

Had a meeting with MP on Friday and now getting everyone I know to lobby him and also the head of the CCg.. I just don't get how it can be so unfair as to who gets what.... I have also written to every health editor in the major press today so lets see what happens...

AQ hope you have a lovely holiday, you deserve it!

Victoria, you go hunni! I'd be kicking ass too!

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all doing well?!
Tomorrow morning I am going in for my endo-scratch which will be cycle day 8 for me. Looks like we will be starting DR around about 23rd Oct. Feeling excited, nervous and optimistic! So many emotions and not even started meds yet! I need some positive stories....! Xxx

Ouch ouch ouch ouch!!!! And now I have to go to school! I'm such an emotional wreck!! Don't think I'm cut out for all this stuff!!

Kate- We are cut out for much more than you image possible ;) x

Lindy- Thank you :) hope all is good with you and Thomas x

Hi to Gemz, Melbram, Bugs, and all the gang xxx

AQ have an amazing holiday, I'm sure it's very much needed.

Well I have my first phone consultation with the clinic in Greece tomorrow I'm very nervous xxxx

Good luck with the call Bugs- hopefully some exciting times ahead for you!

I have a quick question if anyone can help me....
We are hopefully starting DR this month, we will find out at appointment on Friday for definite (considering I had endo scratch this week, I would definitely think we are!)anyway, the nurse said DR starts around about cycle day 22/23,but I naturally ovulate around day 18/19. Will we be able to have one last try naturally or will we be told not to, due to starting DR drugs a few days later? Am sure I read somewhere not to as the drugs could cause miscarriage or problems etc. I know I'll be able to check on Friday but I prefer going to appointments already clued up!

Also my head teacher in school told me today that any more time off for appointments or treatment now has to be unpaid leave. I'm a bit cross as I never have any days off sick and there are a few members of staff who are off sick all the time!!!!!grrrrrrr!!!

You will be told to use contraception as you are quite right the treatment drugs could be harmful.

I think your head teacher is being quite harsh, maybe check with your HR dept as I think treatment appointments are covered xxx

Katyann- i am not sure on the rules but my head has always given me time off for appointments and i have always taken time off sick for treatment. Have a look on the unions site as i am sure it says you are allowed time off for appointments for it and if treatment causes sickness or anxiety normal sick rules appl. Like you i never have any other time off and loads of people are definitely off more than their three episodes in a rolling year. X x x x

Thanks, I will check with union but my head said she has spoken to my local education authority and because its an 'elective' treatment, it has to be unpaid leave. She then went on to compare it to 'cosmetic surgery' and said that because 'I am choosing to do it' that's why!!! As if I am choosing to be infertile and have ivf!!!!!! Absolute joke!!

Kateann mines the opposite and I went thru a whole load of problems with work over time off for appointments, ec, et and so on

Legally an employer doesn't have to give you paid time off for appointments unless their antenatal ones. That's the only one covered by the law. My employer made me deduct that time off for appointments so I had to work at other times to cover that time off.

The exception to this is if you are having a procedure at a hospital therefore this is allowed as 'sick leave' and it's not elective so tell them to big off.

Following et you are considered as pregnant in the eyes of the law and therefore any sickness (up to two weeks after a negative pregnancy test if the worst happened) as pregnancy related sickness and therefore paid as as sick pay from employer or SSP

hope that helps, on phone in work so struggling to type a lot I can give you loads more info if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->