IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi and welcome :). My husband and I were referred last September or October, we had the open evening and blood taken in December, then cycle started 27th Feb. It depends which primary care trust she's under as to how many goes, I was under Liverpool, which meant we could have had 2 nhs goes. We were very lucky and only needed one :) x

Me and Hubby had our referral processed on 27th March, our patient opening evening was on 22nd May, and our bloods were done in June, our paperwork was signed off in July, we received our Drugs in August, ready to start treatment in September.

We were funded for 2 NHS attempts, but luckily it worked first time. Just got to hope our little apple pip stay's put :)

Wishing your sister the best of Luck

Hi and welcome :). My husband and I were referred last September or October, we had the open evening and blood taken in December, then cycle started 27th Feb. It depends which primary care trust she's under as to how many goes, I was under Liverpool, which meant we could have had 2 nhs goes. We were very lucky and only needed one :) x

Thank you for your reply :flower:

Congratulations on being successful first time :D

My sister is under Liverpool also but seems to be taking a bit the referral going through.

Me and Hubby had our referral processed on 27th March, our patient opening evening was on 22nd May, and our bloods were done in June, our paperwork was signed off in July, we received our Drugs in August, ready to start treatment in September.

We were funded for 2 NHS attempts, but luckily it worked first time. Just got to hope our little apple pip stay's put :)

Wishing your sister the best of Luck

Thank you for replying :flower:

Congratulations on being successful first time :D here's to a happy healthy 9 months :dust:

Hopefully my sister doesn't have to wait too much longer FX

Hi gemz
Oh dear.. Never had the little buggers but sure they are not pleasant..
All going well with pregnancy?

I'm ok.. Good and bad days to be honest... Have a private appointment with mr Kingsland next week so we will see.. Just feel sick at how much money this is and how it all could end again... I was so crushed last time I thought (and do still wonder) if I will ever feel like I used to before Ttc.. Feels like my confidence has been knocked and I feel older!! I'm just hoping he can reassure me as an individual and not just another ivf patient...

Hi Jessica mum.. Welcome.. We only got t one (bloody unfair) under our CCg so it's dependent.... Wishing her all the luck in the world x

Becki09 - huge congrats...
Hope you don't mind my asking .. Was there a reason for the short protocol.. We had a meeting last week where they said we could try either....

Hi Vic, did you do the long protocol on your nhs go ?

The reason they do long for most women especially NHS cycles is because it's cheaper. Cetrotide which is used on the SP for anything between 10-15 days is £28 per injection and you do one a day, whereas buserelin which is used on the LP is about £40-£50 per bottle and you need 2 maybe 3 tops so to me that's why he's not bothered to which as you'll be footing the bill it all comes down to cost at the end of the day xxxx

Hi Victoria

Hope you get somewhere next week. I know what you mean about the massive blow of your cycle failing - you think for sure that it's going to work and it's a blow when it doesn't

Everything's progressing fine, just back ache getting annoying!

Jessicamum, welcome and I'm really sorry she has started on the ivf journey. As others have said it depends on where she's up to to investigations and reason for infertility. When mine was confirmed as haldros in march, I was referred straight away, attend a pie in May/June then started cycle in late July.

I too was in Liverpool so qualified for two goes. Sorry if I've missed
It but do they have any children from a previous relationship? As others will say if that's the case - even if they don't live with them, or they are not biologically related to your sister - you don't qualify for nhs treatment which is unfair

Wishing her a successful journey x x x

Wow bugs.. Isn't that a load of crap... I would not mind if this was tattoo removal or a mole or drug addiction even..

I am unexplained and I often wish they would find something so we could try to fix it but its so heart numbing this whole thing... I truly cannot believe we will be spending the money we saved for private education or a fantastic hobby for our children on a treatment that if I lived in runcorn I'd get for free. Sorry to sound a little bitter but I am!!

How's it all going with the Athens clinic ? X

Hi gemz
How far gone are you now? I wish you all the health in the world .. You have been a good online friend to me ..

I worry about round two .. I don't know if I'm strong .. Thinking about counselling? Even though the nhs round has now completed I was wondering if they would support me with this at LWH?

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here since our dismal failed 2nd ivf attempt in January.
We got as far as egg collection but only three shrivelled up follies I think!!
Lovely to see old and new faces and congratulations to the new bumps. Not sure how I got coerced to do this again as it was too painful but we are now on day 5 stimming for a short protocol. Follicles not looking good again so I despair already! Just wanted to ask... Our two cycles were using fostimon and this has been jibbed for merianol.. 8 amps I might add.. How hard am I?! Just wondered if there is anyone out there who has suffered any side effects using merianol? I went for my second scan today and was very tearful.. The same in work?? Glad to be back to share this with those in the know. Gill xx

Hi gill.. I cried at everything.. Husband found it very hard to argue with me as I'd just meltdown in seconds! But then again you are understandably having a very tough time so be kind to yourself xx I wish you huge luck x

Vic if I'm really honest I don't believe in unexplained. I think there has to be a reason but they class it as unexplained once you've exhausted the few shitty tests they offer on the nhs. I think if your unexplained and ivf hasn't worked in the 3 recommend goes then there has to be an issue. They told me my only issue was my damaged tubes but failed to mention my AMH was pretty shite and now we've had the immunes done we know there's other issues there so unexplained my arse.

Sorry if that was harsh but just my opinion. Sammy I haven't been on that stimm before but I hear it's good for egg maturity. Good luck and I hope you get some good eggs xxxx

Hi everyone else xxx

I meant to say Vic aswell I know how you feel about the NHS treatment my OH has kids already so we don't qualify for any treatment so I'm always happy to grumble about that topic xxx

Hi Jessica mum.. Welcome.. We only got t one (bloody unfair) under our CCg so it's dependent.... Wishing her all the luck in the world x

Thank you for reply :flower:

Really sorry you only got the one :( It seems so unfair that it can be different for everyone, it really feels like with everything with my sister they are dragging their feet over, I really hope she hears something by the time the year is out.

Jessicamum, welcome and I'm really sorry she has started on the ivf journey. As others have said it depends on where she's up to to investigations and reason for infertility. When mine was confirmed as haldros in march, I was referred straight away, attend a pie in May/June then started cycle in late July.

I too was in Liverpool so qualified for two goes. Sorry if I've missed
It but do they have any children from a previous relationship? As others will say if that's the case - even if they don't live with them, or they are not biologically related to your sister - you don't qualify for nhs treatment which is unfair

Wishing her a successful journey x x x

Thank you for reply :flower:

The investigation is complete for my sister and husband, they were meant for her to start taking Clomid but after further test with her husbands sperm they said they don't think clomid be any point and for them to go straight to trying IVF. So the fertility problems are on both sides, they think she could possible have polycystic ovaries but she just doesn't ovulate very much.
I apologise for not knowing the correct names of their diagnoses of infertility.

She found out in july that they would need IVF but was told to lose weight and then get in touch for the process to start for the referral, she now has lost the weight but still waiting to hear anything.

No neither her or her husband have any children.

Hi Jessica

Think I understand now why there's been a delay. The nhs can refuse to treat a patient if their bmi is greater than 30. So it sounds like as her bmi was greater than this, that's what's delayed the process. I'd get back in touch with the Hewitt centre and explain the circumstances - might give them a kick. If they haven't received it - she can go back to the Gp and asked to be referred.

Hope that helps x x x

Hi Jessica

Think I understand now why there's been a delay. The nhs can refuse to treat a patient if their bmi is greater than 30. So it sounds like as her bmi was greater than this, that's what's delayed the process. I'd get back in touch with the Hewitt centre and explain the circumstances - might give them a kick. If they haven't received it - she can go back to the Gp and asked to be referred.

Hope that helps x x x

She had to wait to start the process of her referral until she had lost the weight but since losing the weight she then informed the hospital that she had lost the weight and so the referral process was started, she had to send yet more forms they sent a couple of weeks ago.

Grrrr bugs... I'm so with you.. So cross!

Anyway.. I called LWH to ask for counselling today.. Something I've been too scared to do as i am afraid if is too talking I won't stop and then ill meltdown but know it's the right thing to do.

I'm with prof Kingsland on Monday and sp nervous he will not treat me like an individual and make me feel confident in staying at LWH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->