IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies, well I had my phone consultation with Peny and she believes that my protocol of just menopur and of such a high dose wasn't the best. She has recommended a course of antibiotics to improve OH 's swimmers and she wants us to go to Athens in December for an aquascan and they'll do an SA on the OH. Then fingers crossed we'll cycle in Jan. She said she didn't want to hear any talk of donor eggs as I'm just a baby which after being told by the last clinic donor eggs was the only way this was a very pleasant surprise xxxx

Hi everyone, so I had my appointment today and have got all my meds from the pharmacy, got my injection teach on Tuesday and we are all systems go for DR on 21st! Oct! Slightly concerned about all the drugs but hey ho.... Here's hoping it will all help! Worked out that test date will be first week of December! Xx

Hi girls can I join you? I've been having treatment at CRM in London and am on cd1 of an unmediated FET cycle with my last embryo, assuming it doesn't work or that it doesn't survive the thaw, I'm going straight into a fresh cycle at the hewitt centre in 4 weeks time. My consultant is manchester based, I live in Cheshire.

I've signed all the hewitt centre consents so that we are all ready to go. Hoping I won't need the fresh cycle but with 2 failed cycles chalked up already I not very optimistic.

Kateann, glad your getting that one step closer

Bugs, yey for such a positive call. Sounds really promising and can't wait to see you celebrate your bfp soon

Captin - welcome! :) were usually a very chatty bunch and are all there for one another

Not much going on for me at the moment, other than lots of back ache! :( tired a lot and wishing hubby was home permanently! :( missing him lots

Hi to all the gang, and home everyone has a lovely weekend x x x

Hi ladies

I can't keep up other than bugs that's great news

Hi to everyone new and pay buddies.

Nothing new from me so just checking in xxx

Hi everyone!
Injection teach went well today, although it probably helps that I'm diabetic so used to injection! The size of the needles scared me a bit then I realised those massive ones wouldn't be the ones going in me!!
Feeling excited about starting down reg on Monday!

On a different note, we have found a puppy to join our family! He is only 11 days old at the moment so we won't be bringing him home until 1st December! I hope my other doggy, who is 5, will love him! Can't wait to get him!!

How are all you ladies doing??
Xxx

Girls I'm still away so can't catch it properly with news. This article was in the mail this morning - please double check it thou as the mail does tend to be well the mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...oosts-chance-getting-pregnant-half-price.html

Though it might interest some of you

Big hugs x x x

Hey
Had my meeting today with consultant obs and he said that as I responded well in last cycle we should just do the sake again.. I however feel a little like it didn't work, so can't we do anything a little different

16 eggs at EC
13 fertilised
Only 2 left at 5dt
1 et and none frozen
Fresh bleed 4dp5dt progesterone upped but bled again 9dp5dt

I asked about a new protocol and he said maybe do short.. There is no real clinical difference in terms of success and they are considering adopting this policy for all IVf but hubby is now concerned if we don't follow the same as before we may not get such a large number

I don't feel very reassured to be honest and I left knowing I will be paying 5k. It with no confidence at all...
Any advice guys

Ps hi kate ann xx welcome.. These guys were a huge support to me and wish you all the luck... Ps my pooch got me through the last weeks... Made me get up and walk him when I wanted to curl up and gave me a wet kiss when I had a little cry :)

Hi Victoria, can I ask what protocol you were on and how many stimms, I got fobbed off with the lets not change anything line and I think just small changes can make a huge difference.

I also used to bleed early on my first 3 cycles I spotted early which led to AF it can be a sign of low progesterone. I eventually switched to progesterone injections and I now don't bleed till I stop them. At the same time my friend bled early on her 1st cycle and got a BFN but on her FET she spotted early but is now pregnant so maybe just ask to increase the dose of pessaries from the start xxx

Hey bugs... That's what I don't want... I want confidence that they think I am doing the right thing... So guys please help ASAP

Am about to book the consult for private... Who would you ask to be under? Please let me know ASAP x

Hi victoria,
I used to be on this thread about 2 years ago and always keep reading up on people's progress.
We had to pay for all 3 of my cycles as my partner has a son. I was under dr Kingsland for each of my treatments and he was fabulous!
Wising u all on this thread lots and lots of baby dust and never give up!
Xxxxxxx

Hi Victoria, I was under Mr Kingsland for my 1st 2 cycles but I've got too many issues now. That's why I'm going abroad as I do feel I'll be treated as an individual coz if I've learnt anything in all this it's one size definately doesn't fit all.

Oh and I've done long and short protocol and it didn't make a difference although I do prefer short (less injections) xx

Hi all, hope everyone is well. Quick post from me as I can hardly hear myself think with all the building work going on at my house!

Victoria, I can't comment or make any suggestions on what should be changed, as I've only do e one cycle of IVF too. However, Dr Kingsland was the doctor I was seeing and I found him tobe very helpful and professional. He's also the clinical lead so, whilst he doesn't do that many appointments, although privately I know he has extra sessions and evening appointments why not ask to see him? He's clearly I charge and also sits on the hefa so he does know his stuff. He might have a suggestion. Just because you have a private consultation there doesn't mean you have to then have IVF if you don't feel like your getting the answers you want or the reassurance you need.

Let me know how you get on.

Love to all the gang, and hope everyone is doing well, AQ, bugs, cvaeh, Mrse, loveto, Jamie, wrighty, Harvey, nic, Victoria and anyone else I've missed x x x

Hi Victoria, I'm doing well thanks. Just seem to be really tired, and I've had the dreaded piles which hasn't been pleasant. Other than that everything's going well. Got midwife appointments this week so excited to see what happens.

How you feeling now? Have you made a decision on what your going to do? X x x

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me posting on here, this is about my sister not myself.

She is waiting to be referred for IVF through Liverpool's women's hospital and is at the age of 33. I was just wondering how long the referrals took for you ladies? and also how many free IVF treatments do you receive?

I would be really grateful for any replies :flower: And lots and lots of luck for successful IVF/ICSI treatments for you all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->