IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Oops sorry... I just want to feel like they really want to help... I really need this to work..

So.. Anyway.. Used my clear blue this month (if we can save 6k ill do anything!) and today is the BIG O ... So glad we have been giving it a good try this week (sorry)

Please send some good vibes x

Hey gemz! As we all probably know it's not as much fun when you have been timing it for two years. But deed was done! I have been feeling better this morning as just spent the entire of last night in tears.. I think I am having a delayed reaction to the failure as I was upset but ok before and now I am feeling very fragile. I'm worried that if I start really letting go and crying I won't stop!
I also have the most horrendous spots on my chin which I don't normally get so presuming this is all the lovely hormones...

Hoes you though Hun x

Victoria, after our fail last year I was a mess for about three months, I then started a counselling session away from the Hewitt centre and unloaded for several weeks. It really was the best decision I made. It helped clear my head, plus it was at a time I could actually grieve for what had happened. I'd recommend it hun, plus there are other places if you feel uncomfortable going to the women's. Besides crying is good for the soul! Sending hugs X X

I'm ok thanks hun, I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and is proper full of cold now. I woke up the other night with horrible pins and needles in my foot, tried to stop it and made it worse! Had cramp there all week so glad to see the back of this week.

Love to all sorry for lack of personals x x x

Hi all, popped back on here last week after a long break and heartache! Seems very quiet here are you all hibernating from this foul weather! Update from me...
Roller coaster week as our short protocol seems to be failing dismally. This is our third attempt at LWH. The first was a long protocol and abandoned mid cycle. The second was a short one and we got to egg collection, only 3 eggs and none made it. After a break we are trying for one last shot as we have now self funded three times in two years!!
We were told last week that it wasn't looking hopeful as I had no activity in my right ovary and small follicles in my left. They told us to carrying on stimming but we accepted the inevitable and had a good cry and a big row! Went back and now a bigger follicle in the right?! And a few dinky ones. If the right plays ball we may have something to remove. It's just such a cruel game!! Due back for a scan on Monday so willing my ovaries to produce a miracle.
I am made up for the ladies who are with bump since I last came on here.. A hope for all! Hope you are all well xxx

Just popped in to say hi and throw babydust around 😘😘 xxx

Back to work next week sadly. Xxx

Sammy- Wishing you lots of luck. multiple fails drain the life out of you and i hope this is your time x

Gemz- Hope all well with u hun x

Lindy- How are u and Thomas doing? x

Hi to Bugs, Victoria and all the gang xxx

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok!? No news from me really. I am currently on day 13 of down reg. Have baseline scan booked for Tuesday- still waiting for AF to show although have been light spotting for 4 days! So annoying when you actually want it to show up!!! Is it common to be a few days late on buserelin?

We picked up our new pup on Friday- he is gorgeous and has settled in well with our older dog. Really good to have something else to think about apart from baby making!
Back to work for me tomorrow after a week off- gutted!!!!
Love to all xx

Hi AQ, thank you.. Yep, multiple fails is soul destroying! Where are you up to? I think you were just embarking on more appointments when I was last on here?
This will be our last one as time is against us and the cost has been phenomenal! I have taken two weeks off from my stressful job and to take our minds off ivf we ripped out the living room. What a mistake!' Too tired and stressed to do anything, two dusty plaster covered rooms and a sore stomach/ headaches making it impossible to be even bothered.
Positive vibes to all you ladies x

Hi Kate Ann,

I had a very very long cycle on buserlin so yes it can take a while to show! After that it gets easier! I was very tearful during down reg so it was great to start the happy drugs!

X

Hi Sammy
Just had a little cry reading your mail... It's so unfair... I went to a christening today (2nd in a week!) and had all the usual ' gosh poor you... At least you can drink today rather than looking after the kids' shit we have probably all had... Even had a 'well we just can't bloody stop making them'... I laughed it off and got a little tipsy! And then sat there smugly as their sugar induced hyperactive kids went mental!
I don't know what to say to you so just wanted to send my love x

Ps kate ann good luck love

Pps in with prof Kingsland tomorrow... Please please treat me like a person and now a hospital number....

KateAnn yey for starting. Hopefully everything is progressing nicely, and you'll keep us all updated on your progress! Keeping everything crossed! Glad your new puppy has settled in well, I really would love another dog (when we moved back to Liverpool he went to my in laws and they've become so attached to him, we can't bear to part them from one another!)! X x x

Sammy, I don't think you were on when I started my IVF journey. Your story pulled at my heart strings.wishing you all the luck for tomorrow, fx things will take a turn for the better!

Victoria, fx crossed for your appointment tomorrow. Dr Kingsland was great for us, don't be afraid to write lots of notes down / questions etc and ask him. I found him really helpful. Hopefully you'll get some answers tomorrow - let me know how you get on.

Not much to report on hither be end, just tired and need sleeps ll the time.

Love to all the gang and hope everyone is doing well

Big hugs x x x x

Hi Victoria, no tears.. We all have to be positive. My story is totally crap but there are so many in the same situation. My hubby and I have a very supportive relationship and despite the down days we have to laugh together too. Our new joke is that when we go tomorrow I will just have one massive goose egg which will be impossible to remove! Not sure when you are there tomorrow? I'm at 12.30. Mr Kingsland is lovely so if anything he will do his best.
Gemz.. Yes you were on here which is a great positive to see how things have turned out.
I know what you mean about all the thoughtless comments though Victoria ! My mum keeps saying she can't wait for another grandchild??? I have two gorgeous nephews who are 3&2.. If fact the eldest is a jinx as he was the reason we wanted to try for our own. But if nothing I have been blessed with lots of cuddles and the chance to he a cool Aunty.

Sending good vibes to all xxxxx

How did it go Sammy? I was in there about the same time and was looking and guessing! I was in the suit with long brown hair... No rose or copy of paper tucked under my arm though!
I am officially in love with mr Kingsland... Filled me with confidence and the first laugh in a long time!

Victoria, I'm so so pleased to hear you say that! Or should that be see you write that! Dr K got me to laugh too, which is a miracle considering the steps we go through eh? What did he suggest?

Sammy, I've had a look back over old posts, I remember now! I'm so sorry I'm useless at the moment! Hope everything went well gem x x x

He talked about how we had a triumphant failure! I loved that... He told me what we should do... Both me and husband thought he was fantastic and could not be happier we spent the money to meet him and know we are under his care now. I am under no illusions that it's all going to work ... He just helped me feel it might... Off for counselling tomorrow also so hoping my horrendous dark cloud may lift...
How's you gemz?
Aq - you well? Sammy hope it went well.. Kate hope you are feeling ok

Victoria.. I was the one who got my appointment an hour wrong due to my stupid stupid husband! We waltzed in at 1.30 when it was 12.30 but they were running an hour late so apologised and got us straight in?! Now I am going to take a moment to praise the wonderful nurses who scan as I have three years worth. We rave about mr Kingsland and for me it was also Mr shaw who brought us back to earth at times, but .. We forget about the people in the middle that want to help but are just doing their job! Today I had Stephanie.. Who is the most amazing person ever. Over our three cycles we have had her conduct our scans on and off and my god does she give hope where there is none! Or at least compassion when you just want to cry! We had our one follicle today but still in the game.. It has progressed and is much bigger. Stephanie joked about how me, she and Archie(the other scanner) share the same birthday which is definitely a sign as we are all June babies.. So 666! We have several crappy follicles but we are going to see it through to the end with our one big goose egg. I took some time out tonight to write a thank you to my favourite scanner as I think their work is often overlooked in the process. So.. Another two days to get goosey loosey to mature.. And best case scenario will be egg (singular) collection on Friday. What a miracle if it takes one egg...

Victoria.. Glad you are smiling. I bumped into Mr Kingsland as I was coming out of the loo not sure if he was waving you off? Xx

Good vibes.. And a big honk for my goose egg!

Gemz.. You are excused .. Baby brain.. But well done you xx

hi girls, can I ask a quick question - does the Hewitt Centre do retrieval and transfers at the weekend? I started stims last night (i'm on a short antagonist cycle, same protocol as last time as I responded really well, in fact everything was great other than the complete lack of implantation...!) and just trying to work out likely dates for collection and transfer, but it looks like they might fall on weekends. My previous cycles were at a clinic in London which was much smaller and they didn't work on weekends so you got the closest day either side.

I'm with an independent consultant so am being referred to the HC rather than being under their direct care throughout.

TIA

J

Hey all!
I'm starting stims tonight!!! Eeeek excited!!!
As far as I know captain yes LWH is open at weekends.
I go for my next scan a week on Friday and then hopefully collection/ transfer will be week commencing 18th, if all goes well! Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->