IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I wish we'd gone abroad a long time ago, I can't say what the treatment is like as we fly out to Cyprus for a few tests and to get our meds and protocol in 3 weeks. But just the cost alone is much cheaper €4000 for 2 cycles including icsi if they decide you need it on the day xxxx

Wow 3 stone!!! Well done AQ that is fabulous. Xxx Thomas is doing great, he is a handful and does not sleep, bad mix now I'm back at work but I'm not complaining. Me kingsland recommends Cyprus doesn't he? He told my friend to use there for her surrogacy treatment. Xx

Ps not seeing a dr upset me with the HC

Hey Desi

I'm sorry I can't help you as I'm only having my egg collection and transfer at LWH, I'm not actually a patient of theirs.

Can anyone else help Desi?

Xx

I'm not sure any of us could as it sounds like desi really needs to see a doctor to ask a medical opinion? Or ask for more explanation?

No Victoria that is without drugs but by the sounds of it if we buy them while we're there in a few weeks it's a lot cheaper. I've looked at the clinic that Dr Kingsland recommends but that's mainly because he's one of the directors and it's just as expensive if not more than the uk.

We've chosen Greece as the clinic deals a lot with immunes. You can pay €3000 for 1 cycle but for the extra 1000 to have the back up of another cycle than pay the full whack again we decided to go for it.

Desi I've not had treatment at the women's since 2011 and we paid private so got to see Dr Kingsland straight away. Maybe put something in writing to request an appointment but don't expect it too be any time soon if I've gained anything from infertility it's definately patience !!!!

Hi everyone,
I woke up so early this morning! Excited and nervous for my day 10 scan- hopefully everything will be ok and I can trigger in a day or so!
Captain- how are you getting on? Any news yet?
I feel that my ovaries are definitely doing something, and that I've put on weight (damn drugs!)
Xxx

Thanks girls,

Anyway the plan is: I am taking for three months clomid from next month and if this does not work and I go to my next appointment and I see a nurse again I am going to have a nervous breakdown there :p.

GL to all of you.

Hi Kateann - I had egg collection this morning, they got 10 eggs which is less than my last cycle (16- but I stimmed for 2 days longer) but it's quality not quantity so hopefully we will get a good fertilisation report tomorrow. Good luck with your scan!

Good luck with the clomid desi, fingers crossed you won't need that next appointment. X

Hi captain,
10 is a great number though- good luck for report tomorrow!
My scan was good- he could see 7 follicles on each side ranging from 14mm to 20mm so I do my trigger tomorrow at 11.30pm and EC on Monday! Eeeek!!! Been feeling really positive all day. Just as I left work though my friend/colleague to me she was pregnant with her 2nd, she said she feels really bad about telling me as she knows what I'm going through- and then that made me feel bad that she felt bad, if u know what I mean?!
It will be me soon, it will be me soon, it will be me soon- I keep telling myself!!!! Xx

Argh, missed lots of news!

Captain, 10 eggs is awesome (I got 9) so fx for tomorrow's fertilisation report! Hope you've had a good day of rest!

Kateann that's fantastic! Good luck for ec Monday

Afm had a proper naff day, emergency appointment at dentist, ended up having to have an X-ray (was petrified!) but as this abcess has been coming and going for the past 12 weeks and the risk of preterm labour is really high with an abcess I've ended up having root canal! Numbed to smithereens now!

Hi to all the gang - sorry for my lack of personals but still in agony! X x x

Great news captain, good luck for the dreaded call tomorrow xxx

Sounds good Kateann, Monday will be here before you know it.

Daisy good luck with the clomid it does do the trick for some ladies so fingers crossed.

Sorry your having a bad time Gemz but at least it's sorted now. Hi to everyone else xxx

Gosh it feels like I'm back there a few months ago... It's so exciting and terrifying... Capt I'm saying so many wonderful mantras for you... Go eggs go eggs go sperm to sperm!!

Kate ann.. Yoi have the sedation to come... Oh lovely ! Good luck all x

Hope you are all ok and well and gemz be careful with a numb mouth... Hope not too sore tomorrow (that's my trade - teeth!)

Gosh it feels like I'm back there a few months ago... It's so exciting and terrifying... Capt I'm saying so many wonderful mantras for you... Go eggs go eggs go sperm to sperm!!

Kate ann.. Yoi have the sedation to come... Oh lovely ! Good luck all x

Hope you are all ok and well and gemz be careful with a numb mouth... Hope not too sore tomorrow (that's my trade - teeth!)

Is it? Well Victoria if I'd know that I would have messaged you directly! Lol! I know the dentist said not to worry but I'm proper petrified that I shouldn't have had the X-ray, everything will be ok surely though?

How you doing? X x x

Of course babe... More damage flying than a little ol x ray!!!
I'm ok mate.. How's you? Xx

Hi girls

KateAnn - how did your scan go? Are you triggering tonight for EC on Monday?

Thanks for the mantra Victoria, they obviously worked as 8 out of 10 of my eggs have fertilised! Big relief. DH's swimmers obviously did a great job despite him not giving up booze this time around. I'm booked in for 5-day blasto transfer on Wednesday afternoon. Having 2 transferred, assuming there are two still going strong by then, given we've had two failed cycles to date they are fine with that (we had quite a bit of pressure at the London clinic to have SET as they said the embryos were great and had a big twins risk but that didn't happen, we went for 2 each time and neither implanted on our fresh nor our FET cycle...)

Gemz I hope your teeth are doing OK! Hope your OH is looking after you!
X

Hi captain,
I trigger tonight at 11.30 and EC is 11.30 on Monday. It's so nerve wracking!
Good luck with your transfer on Wednesday!
Xx

Go captain !! Brilliant news.. I'm saying some more mantras for a sticking outcome now...
Good luck tonight kate... And best for Monday xx
Ps still missing that sedation.. Medazolam rocks!

Kate hope the trigger went well with no mad panics (I was petrified for that one - more so than the others!) best of luck for tomorrow and I hope everything goes to plan!

Captain 8 fertilising is brilliant news. When's transfer? Nearly PUPO now

Victoria, glad things are ok! Hope you've had a lovely weekend

Afm well had 3d scan and it was amazing. I'm still over the moon. Also really pleased to report that I've not yet hit the antibiotics the dentist gave me (just in case) and the abscess and swelling has virtually gone! Finally feels like everything's going right for once! Love to all the gang and hope everyone is doing well x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->