IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I think we had a scan on a Saturday... But can't remember.. Fingers crossed

Kate ann ... I was as excited as you on the day of,stims! Everything crossed! Xx

I had my counselling yesterday... Very strange experience but she was lovely xx

Hello Ladies

just though i would pop in and see how everyone is doing

captain - ive had transfer on a Saturday that was in 2010/11 (not sure which) so doubt it would of changed much lol not sure about Sundays though x

KateAnn - ooo exciting good luck :) x

Sammy - wishing you lots of luck with your 'big goose egg' x

Bugs, AQ, Victoria and everyone else hope you are all well lovelies xxxx

Victoria, thank you.. D day for us as we are at the hospital for 11.30 for our egg collectuon (literally singular!!)

Wrighty.. Thanks also. You were on here too during my last attempt and if I am not mistaken just starting out? So we'll done you!!

I'm just sitting here trying to make light of the fact that I am nervous as hell, so cold sweat etc and I can't wear any deodorant. So with the indignity of one goose egg to remove I will also stink!

Hubby lies blissfully in bed as he doesn't have to do his bit for another hour or so. That's making me laugh as well.. What happens if you just can't perform on the big night!

So to take my mind off it all I have painted my toenails baby pink with polka dots.. Ahh method in my madness. If it's a male egg nurse then it might draw his eye to my toes rather than looking up my uterus and laughing how shoddy it is.

Good luck to all those embarking, stimming or on that godforsaken two week wait.

Gill

Victoria, thank you.. D day for us as we are at the hospital for 11.30 for our egg collectuon (literally singular!!)

Wrighty.. Thanks also. You were on here too during my last attempt and if I am not mistaken just starting out? So we'll done you!!

I'm just sitting here trying to make light of the fact that I am nervous as hell, so cold sweat etc and I can't wear any deodorant. So with the indignity of one goose egg to remove I will also stink!

Hubby lies blissfully in bed as he doesn't have to do his bit for another hour or so. That's making me laugh as well.. What happens if you just can't perform on the big night!

So to take my mind off it all I have painted my toenails baby pink with polka dots.. Ahh method in my madness. If it's a male egg nurse then it might draw his eye to my toes rather than looking up my uterus and laughing how shoddy it is.

Good luck to all those embarking, stimming or on that godforsaken two week wait.

Gill

Sammy - I was part of this group when it first started with AQ so classed as one of the 'old timers' lol sorry i dont remember you but there has been so many ladies who have been part of this group since it first started and i had a break away from BnB for a while after my marrige ended in 2011 until earlier this year when i dropped in to see how everyone was doing so would of missed alot.

Wish you the best of luck hun xxx

Sammy, hope everything went to plan today, and you get a good fertilisation report from your goose egg. Keeping everything crossed for you x x x

Captain the HC used to be open only on a Saturday, but I understand that its 7 days a week now, although from what I've heard they don't do egg collection over the weekend just transfer.

Kateann hope everything is going well so far, how you getting on?

Victoria how you feeling now?

Sorry for lack of personals, I've had a water infection and felt thru the wars. Hope everyone is doing well and sending lots of love, hugs and baby :dust: to everyone on the thread

Love gem x x x

Hi everyone,
Happy weekend! Hope it all went ok for you sammy- keep us updated!
Nothing new to report here- 4th day of stims today, feel fine except for slightly sicky feeling. And been having a few little twinges but surely it's too early to feel anything?! Got next scan next Friday which will be day 10 of stims, hopefully everything will be good and we'll be able to trigger over next weekend. Can't believe how quick it all comes round, once started!
The new pup is keeping us busy anyway, and he has settled in well to the household!
Going to a party at a friends tonight, I'm not drinking at all on stims so to avoid questions I'm going to fill an empty bottle of wine with non alcoholic wine, oh my, the things we do!!!
Have a great weekend all
Xx

Hey KateAnn, we are on pretty much the same schedule. Tonight will be my fifth night of stimming. I have a scan on Tuesday evening and then I guess one later in the week before triggering over next weekend all being well, so collection maybe 18th? Last time I did 11 days of stims before trigger. Good luck!

Hey all.. Dying to kmow how Sammy is... Hoping and praying for her
Gemz.. I have just been round at friends and we have been on the prosecco so I'm ok!! Tbh a little merry but just a little
How are you Hun.. Feeling better?

Hi kate ann and captains... I almost miss the jabs as at least you are,doing something! I wish you both all the luck xx

Captain just saw you are in cheshire.. Same as me.. Are you having to pay thanks to the fact that they deem cheshire folk to be more than wealthy enough!!!

Hi Victoria - I already have a son (I'm secondary unexplained infertility) so would not be eligible anyway but yes I'm self funding. Racking up quite a bill so far this year.... Xx

Hi guys hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Victoria, thanks for asking - I'm feeling much better now, although I'm not sure that will be the case later, as going back to work

Take it easy everyone love Gem x x x

Hi ladies, what a roller coaster crappy old week. We had egg collection on Friday and as expected one egg. We got the call at 9.30 on Saturday to say nothing had happened although this time the egg was ok and sperm fine which is even more frustrating than last time as we were told that my three eggs were poor quality. We have had a few days wounded and I feel so crap for my husband who has done everything to help in this process. It certainly hit him hard this time. The most disappointing thing is that our egg collection was at 2pm and we were contacted less than 24 hours later. We were told there was little chance of a change but they would let us know. At 2pm which was just 24 hours we rang for an update to be told everyone has gone home! We had No one to contact on Sunday and today we have rung twice but no one has called us back. We both knew there was little hope but we are so saddened by the after care this time. We are also very concerned that we have no idea what happened after our call, how long did they leave it before rechecking etc. We have spent £10k over the past 15 months with the Hewitt centre and although we didn't expect to be VIP customers we just feel we have been left to deal with this on our own. We both said that this cycle has been so different to others. The centre has been packed every time we have been. Our scans have been an hour late at times and even our egg collection was delayed as we arrived at 11 and they didn't get to us until 2. Not sure how that boded for our sperm! The work at the centre is invaluable but we are starting to wonder if they are becoming victims of their own success. Anyway.. Rant over. Hopefully someone will call.

Hoping you are all doing well on your stims and baby making! And those who have achieved it are resting and taking it easy. Back to work for me on wed .. Gutted xxxx

I'm so sorry to hear this Sammy, we had the same thing on our last attempt, 7 mature eggs and zero fertilised. We weren't at the women's this time but I also felt the same way about our clinic the personal touches that had made me change clinics had gone and I also felt they had took too much on.

We had the phonecall on the Sunday to say none had fertilised and then no one rang me after that. I complained when I had my follow up and the consultant was really shocked at the way we'd been treated.

I hope you can find a way forward and my best advice is if you don't like the clinic don't be sweet talked by a consultant. Talk with your feet, I wish I'd have moved 3 cycles ago xxxx

Oh no sammy, that sounds like you have had such a bad experience with them. It's horrible to hear as LWH has such a good reputation. I'm starting to feel nervous about going now! We have never been before as we are satellite patients from Arrowe Park, when we go for EC that will be the first time. I hope you find some strength to carry on.

Just a few quick questions for all u ladies who have done this before- what do I need to take with me to LWH for EC and ET? Am sure I read somewhere I would need my dressing gown but now can't find that info anywhere? Also how early did u get to your appointments? And is there someone there who will show us where to go/come and get hubby etc for his sample? I'm a right worrier when it's a new situation and unfamiliar surroundings! Any info would be much appreciated!

Love to all xxx

Hi Sammy
I'm so sorry you have been treated like this... I am still a little nervous as when I needed some one to one attention it was not forthcoming. I am so sorry to hear this news.. I wish there was something I could say but there isn't... Only that I know a little of the pain it causes when things don't work out and I know it gets a little easier so I hope this time passes quickly for you and you recover soon xxx

Kate ann.. Take dressing gown and I took flip flops (or slippers) ... My feet got cold in theatre but then you get the lovely sedation so yoi won't know anyway! (That's the on,y thing I'm looking forward to on round two)! And yes they will direct you where to go etc x

Hi AQ.
All ok here. Time is flying top fast. Work is stressful.... No change there. Went to see friend last night, she mc after ivf at HC. It was awful, brought it all back but felt so bad because knew she was holding back from me but I totally understand why and I'd be the same. What you up to? Xxxx

Sammy- So sorry u were treated so poorly! i must admit after 3 fails at the HC we won't be having our next cycle there. The staff are lovely but they take too many couples on at once and it reflects in the way you are rushed etc and after paying for our last cycle i did expect a bit more... we will prob go abroad for our next attempt x

Lindy- I am not too bad thanks. Lost 3 stone since end of may and getting a lot fitter which will all help our next attempt later next year. Hope u are ok and how is Thomas? x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hello,

My name is Desi. I happened to see this thread and decided to write. My husband and me started visiting the fertility clinic of dr Kingsland at Women's hospital in Liverpool. Our first appointment was on 4th of June. Since then we have had other two appointments. Actually the last one was yesterday and I expected to see the doctor but for my surprise and big disappointment it was the main nurse. She just prescribed me clomid and that was it. Next appointment on 4th of March :(. I really wanted to discuss our situation to the doctor and to receive some more information from him but.....obviously they don't want to bother. Could you tell me in what point I will see a doctor. I mean the main one who has experience and knowledge to answer my question and to here my worries?

Good luck to all of you.

:hugs:

Hi Africa... I toyed with that... Going aboard but do you think it would be better? I haven't paid anywhere yet but thanks to the postcode lottery we are paying... Do you mind me asking what you are thinking may be better... Different approach? More reassuring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->