IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ooooh kateann very similar to what happened to me after my lap and looked what happened! I'd go for it, just treat it as a lot of fun and try not to think about getting pregnant and you have just as much of a chance it working out naturally!

Hope everyone's doing well, sorry for lack of personals but on phone and my eyes are struggling to stay awake - need sleep quite badly!

Love to all gem x x xx

Hi lovely ladies, how are you all? Everyone is very quiet, hope all is ok with you?!

I had my follow up appointment today- we discussed a lot!
Firstly, he said everything went well- sperm and egg quality, number of eggs retrieved, but he thinks the problem was how the embryos developed after fertilisation. My AMH level was good as well. So.... He has recommended that I start taking DHEA, usually recommended for over 40's, but apparently can help with embryo development too. Does anyone have any experience with this?? It threw me completely because he also said because it contains 'testosterone' we are not allowed to try naturally whilst on it (for next 3 months) because of risk that if we conceived a girl it would have masculine features! I burst into tears at appointment because I hate the thought of going until April/may until we can try again- naturally or through IVF.
On the plus side (if there is one) we pushed to have a laparoscopy- scheduled for March( at some point).
I also mentioned about my thin lining, and they will monitor that more closely at the time and perhaps give extra eoestrogen if needed. And because I started bleeding 6dp5dt he said might also give me progesterone shots rather than suppositories.

So, all in all I suppose more is being done for my next round- it all seems so far away...... What do u girls think? Looking positive?

Sorry for the very long and self-centred message! I am thinking about each and everyone of you too, and am so grateful to have you guys to ask for advice etc
Xxxx

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year

just poppping on to see how your all getting on and to wish you all lots of luck for 2014 and hope you dreams come true xxx

Kate - Good luck with your next treatment im sure the time will fly xx

Wow wrighty!!! Congratulations! When was your little girl born? She's beautiful!! How you doing?! Xxx

Wow wrighty!!! Congratulations! When was your little girl born? She's beautiful!! How you doing?! Xxx

Im doing good thanks :) She was born New Years Day. Yep she is a real cutie cant help but look at her and she makes the sweetest noises lol and sleeps lots :)

My pic is of her today at 9 days old dreaming lol

She's amazing!!!! Congrats again- you must feel overwhelmed! And a new year baby too!! Xxxxx

Hello ladies, I haven't been on here for quite some time so am lost in where people are up to and lots of new ladies since I was last going through ivf so excuse lack of personals x best of luck to u all cycling and waiting!

I am having lap and dye next week at the women's at 12 and just wondered for those if u who have had it done how long I can expect to be there x we live an hour from the hospital so want to know how long oh will be waiting around for x

Wrighty how wonderful! New Year's Day babe!! Super and she is beautiful xx

Sorry to be stupid but what's a laparoscopy... Is it the same as the dye thing we had where they check all is ok and no blockages etc?

Kate... Who did you see? I was a little disappointed when they said that early bleeding was just that and there was nothing we could do about it...

So... I got my period today... The one I said I would call liverpool to say let's do this whole thing again... As in start again this month. I'm terrified!

Melbram- I'm having the lap done in march, from what I've read the procedure is about 15-20 mins but then you will need recovery time afterwards to come round from the general anaesthetic, they will probably keep you in for an hour or 2 I would think.

Vic, I am seeing Mr Ellard at Arrow Park, he didnt seem too concerned about the early bleeding but just said maybe we would do new progesterone regime that he is currently looking at, which are injections rather than the cyclogest pessaries.
Good luck on your next cycle- when was it that you did your last one? Can't believe I have to wait until April/May, but if it helps....

Hi to everyone else
Xxx

September kate... Paying now so double the stress as this will be a very quick spend of 5k

Which makes me ask... Drugs.. Did you all buy them from the hospital or find a good pharmacy price?

Eek!!!!

I have semi great news. I have just been informed that warrimgton ccg are reconsidering their funding policy. You can view this under the latest news section on their website and it is then under 'have your say on our new health policy update'.

Whilst this is by no means a done deal, it is one step closer for us to a nationally equal and fair system.

Howard and I met with the CCG and our MP at the end of 2013 and we are now awaiting a date to attend a meeting in Westminster with an all party parliamentary group to discuss our experiences

So guys... If you know anyone who lives under warrington ccg please give feedback on their website (warrington ccg, latest news, have your say our health policy). Please guys... I've fought so hard for this one glimpse of something so please help if you can x

Hi girls, sorry I've been AWOL! Been so tired and running round after what feels like a million things! Time seems to be flying and dragging at the same time if that makes sense?

Victoria, that's brilliant. Ews! The fact that they are even reconsidering funding is amazing! Hopefully this will beat. Hopefully this is a positive outcome for you and you'll get a second attempt on the nhs! Are you delaying going privately because of this? I know once you've had private treatment that's it for nhs treatment, so it's a big decision to make! Im so pleased though to hear this and hopefully they'll fund it intime for the new financial year when the budgets are finalised!

Melbram, I had my lap back in May 2013, which as you know resulted in a bfp for me! The procedure is relatively straight forward. You get a bed (usually from noon) where you wait for the days surgery list. Depending on where you are on the list and what they find or do, means you can be out by 8 that night. I ended up staying in overnight so had packed a night bag and left it with my mum just in case (thank god!) Katie, this should be the same for you! I've never heard of anyone having a lap and being out within a short time scale! Sorry if I've read that wrong I'm really tired at the moment!

I think the total time of the lap varies from what gets done. Generally if it's a nose it's 30 mins, if they do anything else like remove adhesions, clean tubes out etc it last longer. I was scheduled in for an hour and a half, but was in surgery for 50 mins, and my tubes weren't as damaged as the HSG showed.

Its done under a general so you will be groggy afterwards, no driving or being left on your own for 24 hours!word to the wise, as they pump a load of gas in your belly to see what's going on you can get very bloated! Not pleasant experience that! :) you can get sholder pain too, it's to do with the gas so don't worry!

Let me know how you get on!

Sorry I've missed loads of people, I'm so tired lately, finish work in a fortnight so plodding onl

Taken care, love to all x x x

Thank you for your responses x fx I get the outcome you did little gems x

Same thing happened to me after my lap, that was the cycle we conceived & we only dtd once as it was too painful due to the gas still.
Will keep everything crossed for you :thumbup:
x

Ladies......I'm now on CD 48 after my failed ivf cycle. Is this normal?!?! Getting a bit frustrated now!!

Got a date for my laparoscopy- 10th Feb, eeeeek! Didnt think it would be so soon, ah well! Hopefully it might help!!

How is everyone?
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back