IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hopeful! I'm staying positive for you! I hope that this is your time and everything goes smoothly with a massive :bfp: for you both! I'm counting down until the first for you! Yey for taking control and starting!

Melbram I'm sorry to hear what happen after your lap. That sucks! My first lap at the women's ended in total disaster, with awful after care. I was devastated and massively depressed afterwards. Took a while to get over it. The lap last year was a total change, although I've gotta admit the night nurses on duty where awful and didn't give a shit. Did y end up staying overnight? It's good they've got the endo out, and hopefully this will give you and your oh a better chance of trying naturally,with a lovely positive result at the end. It can happen don't lose faith, it's happened to two people on this thread!

Kateann, are you in a union? That's terrible! The hospital recommended that I had two weeks off after my lap and signed me off, I'd ask afterwards if you can be signed off, and just stick it to your boss. If your savaging a tough time, or need any help and advice, I'm sure between hubby and I we can help. I've been thru hell and back with works sickness policies and my hubby is a nut rep.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm officially off work now! My maternity leave doesn't kick in till next week, but I'm on annual leave this week. It's a bit surreal knowing I'm not in tomorrow. Everyone spoilt me quiet a bit so feel really loved. As much as I'm really excited, and despite all the grief I went thru with the sickness crap last year, I'm gonna miss it I think.

Love and babydust to all

Gems x x x

I can't believe only 13 days to go gem!!!! Nervous? Excited I'm sure also..

Gems yay got maternity leave!

I didn't have to stay in thankfully even though I fainted on the way out lol think not eating much and getting myself wound up didn't help x

Kate I have only been signed off for a week which has been fine x I'm in no pain just the odd twinge if I twist or reach for something x if you have a sick note then there is not a great deal your employer can do. Fertility ops aren't covered under equality act so no discrimination. Tell your employer you need the op due to stomach pain and can't therefore wait x I very much doubt they would proceed through disciplinary

Hi everyone!
Eeeeek Gem, how exciting!!!! Your little baba will be here before you know it!!!

Good luck Hopeful in your next cycle, I really do hope this is the one for you!

No news from me- I've changed the date of my lap to half term- just couldn't be doing with the hassle from my HT. she will never be supportive to me, I think mainly as she is very religious and doesn't believe in what we are doing.
I have however decided that when we do start round 2, I'm not going to tell her, and will just call in sick for the week of EC. We can self certify for 5 days so she'll never know any different. She's annoyed me do much and being honest with her in the first place has not helped at all.

Cycle day 59 for me! (6 days past my 2nd??? ovulation!!!) I do feel like AF is going to come anytime now though, the sooner it does the sooner I can start the DHEA for 3 months. I know the time will go quickly but still frustrating waiting- AGAIN!!!!

Love to all of you fabulous ladies xxxx

Hey kate.. I'm so cross with your HT.. There are a few teachers I've come across on here and all their 'bosses' have been the same.. So what is the dhea? Are you sticking at liverpool? X

Still at liverpool for next go on nhs, although I see the consultant at Arrowe Park. The DHEA is basically a supplement (not on prescription) that they have recommended I take for 3 months before next go. It's supposed to help with egg quality and embryo development, so hopefully we will have some embryos to freeze and better quality ones to put back in. I've read lots of good things about it, so we'll see!!
Xxx

Brilliant.. I'm keeping everything crossed for all of us.. Its so tough but I hope when it works we will be even better parents and even better friends xx

Hi, girls,:blush:

I have not written anything for a long time but I have been reading. To be honest I have been only reading the forum with the pregnancy tests. My desire to see a positive pregnancy tests sends me there :blush:. I am doing my third round on clomid :wacko:.
To be honest I feel a bit disappointed by Liverpool Women's Hospital and Doctor Kingsland clinic. Maybe I am just at the beginning of the process but by now I have seen the doctor just the first consultation half a year ago :growlmad:. I feel this dose of clomid is not strong enough for me and I am afraid on my appointment in March I am going to see again a nurse :growlmad::nope:. I really need to speak to a doctor. I need a comment on my results :cry:. I want to know what the doctor think whether I have chance to get pregnant and so on.....

I wish best luck to all of you. :hugs:

Daisy, your not alone. I think all of us on this thread have felt that at the beginning. Unfortuantly this process isn't quick until all other routes have been exhausted. And even then you have to wait for things like the patient information evening, a start date etc.

Is your appointment in March in outpatients. It's downstairs not in the Hewitt centre. You can ask to see a consultant, although the wait may be longer, even if your appointment time says 3:20 for example. The doctors will never put you on a high dose of clomid to start with, it's all trial and error to see how you respond. Don't forget they're hands are restrained too, due to funding and guidelines so it can be frustrating for them as well. I presume your HSG and partners SA came back ok and that's why your on clomid and not gone straight to IVF. It does take some time but try and stay positive and fx clomid will work and you'll e pregnant without going through IVF!

Kateann do you have a rough start date in mind yet?

Hopeful, only three days to go! Yey!

Has anyone heard from some of the older ladies on this thread? By old I don't mean age, I mean those who've been on here for a while, hope your all doing ok!

Afm, well had a bit of a scare last night. Ended up being rushed to the women's as I was bleeding. Was put on a monitor but thankfully baby's ok! Nasty scare though!

Love to all gem x x x

I wondered tonight about Africa.. Not seen her in ages..

Omg . Just reread your message... Wtf.. Are you I'm gem... You must have been so worried... Was it just one of those scary but nothing to worry about things.. Sending yoi tons of of love x

Hi hopeful

Yeah I've never been so scared in all my life. Put the fear of god into me. Doctor doesn't seem to think its anything to worry about. Once I got on monitoring and was scanned baby decided to play along! Was kicked something chronic, and heart beat was fine. Seems to think its just one of those things, my have a slight tear near cervix which caused some blood loss. Said it shouldn't be a problem, but to keep an eye on it, and might end up with a tear come delivery but didn't seem too concerned

Massive relief x x x

Awwwww so glad everything is ok Gem, what a worry!!!! Hope you are now getting lots of rest!! Xx

9 dpo and the spotting shows up right on cue! AF should follow in next day or so. 3 months and counting now....

Oh kateann! On a positive note at least you should start to get back to normal, and it means you'll be able to start IVF again soon. I hope the witch isn't too bad!

Big hugs x x x

As much as the af is never wanted. Sometimes is a good thing hey kate! Xx

Hi everyone
Hope you are all ok?
I'm feeling a bit low today. One of my best friends has just told me she's pregnant. I am totally happy and thrilled for her but still feel sad that its not me. Do these feelings ever stop? It will be my turn soon, won't it.....?
Xx

Hey kate... So sorry.. Those days are rubbish... And yes it has to be doesn't it xx

Kateann I think all of us felt like that at some point! Your not alone there! I remember that feeling too, I promise it does get easier in time, it did ease for me eventually before I found out we were pregnant. It's ok to feel envious and jealous and one day it'll be your turn

Have faith! Big hugs x x x

Hi girls

Well I'm officially overdue. I've also had a bit of a scare tuesday. Community midwife said that if I didn't have 10 movements to phone in, add in I had really bad abdominal pain I ended up in the hospital. At first they said they were going to induce me yesterday as there was a slot free, but they agreed to scan me instead before they made a decision.

Scan was at 4:30 yesterday, and baby was fine. I've got quite a bit of pain though where my laparscopy scar is, so they think the scar tissue is causing the problem and not that the placenta moved which is a relief. Baby's measuring within the normal range but to be on the same side I've been given a slot to be induced on Sunday at 7:30am if baby hasn't already arrived! I've got a sweep booked tomorrow with the community midwife thou so hoping that gives baby a kick.

How you doing? How's this round of IVF getting on? How's everyone else? Hope everyone's ok, love to all gem x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->