IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Yippee!!! Congratulations Gem!! So nice to see some good news on here after the past crappy few months on here!

Got my lap on Monday....eeeek! Scared!! Been reading about side effects of anaesthetic and potential complications today- gee wizz, why do I do it to myself?!?!

Love to all xxxxx

Hi charts. I had icsi too.
I had my usual ad on my baseline scan because I remember writing on here I felt awkward as I was on my period.
It does feel like a long time but it is a long journey to take. When you think back it will not seem so long x

Gemz; just wanted to pop on to say congratulations to you all on the birth of baby Isabelle Hope, what a lovely name & also good birth weight!! Hope labour went smoothly for you x I'm sure your all on :cloud9: xx

AFM; just counting the weeks / days now (67days) to be precise, lol
We are staying :yellow: again this time, seems to of flown quickly but I reckon that's to do with Livy keeping me on my toes :haha:

AQ, MrsE, Bugs, Cvaeh, Lisa, Jamie, Lindy, Susie & anyone else Ive missed.......Just a quick hello from me...... :wave:

Anyways wanted to wish all you new gals the very best of luck on your up n coming cycles & sending you loads of :dust: xx

Hi charts... I'm back in Tuesday as well to see how stimming going... Good luck xx

Best of luck to you too! :flower:

KateAnn, good luck for tomorrow!

Jamie_lee_c, thank you for sharing your experience with me. It is nice to hear from other people who have 'been there, done that'. :thumbup:

Thanks guys!! Feeling a tad nervous about the outcome! Kinda hoping they will find a problem and then fix it there and then!! Surely that's better than being in 'unexplained' category!!!
Xxx

Quickie from me, Kate Ann just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow! Sure everything will be. Fine x xx x

Hello lovely ladies. How are we all tonight?

Kate Ann - how did it go today? Hope you either got the all clear or they found and fixed whatever was up! I'm a bit bonkers but I'd rather they find something fixable than find nothing!

Gemz - how are you getting on? Sleep deprivation driving you mad yet?

Hopeful - where are you up to? Have you got EC date yet? I feel very out of touch with what has been going on!

AFM - AF showed up today so we're out on our last go before ivf #2 so I'll be calling Chester tomorrow and booking in to get the schedule and scratch. Short protocol again for me with 12 days of stimming. Looking at EC around w/c 14th April. Bring it on - I am ready!

I'm looking into electro - acupuncture. Does anyone have any experience of it? I've been having normal acu for about a year but this seems to have a greater success rate... May be a coincidence but I'll try anything once!

Lots of love to all xx

Hey excited!! Sorry re AF but at least you can get moving again... Is this a private round now or are you getting another NHs? Good luck with it all Hun.. Number 2 has been far less stressful if that helps you at all..

I'm on day 7 stims tomorrow so fast approaching EC ... Booked off the entire 2ww this time as I need to give this every chance

Ps not had electro but booked in with the ladies at liverpool as when I looked into the research the bulk of it applies to immediate pre and post transfer (paulus) and so this is what I am doing xx

Kate .. Hope al ok
Gemz.. Hope Isabelle is being a star for you x

Hi girlies,
I'm ok thanks- was home by about 2pm yday, been a bit sore but just taking it easy. They couldn't tell me anything new!!! Everything looked normal and they said dye was a bit slow going through tubes but it did and spilled out at the ends- so I suppose that's good but still leaves me in the situation of not knowing why I haven't been able to get pregnant in the last 2 years!!! Frustrated!!

Looks as though we will be going ahead with ivf #2 day 21 of my April/may cycle. Booked in for next appointment 10th April. So back to waiting. And can't even try naturally because of these DHEA tablets, grrrrrr!!!

Excited- I had electro- acu during my last ivf cycle in the hope it would increase my lining a bit, which it did! I really liked it and would definitely have it next time!

Hopeful- I hope this time is successful for you! Keep us all up to date with how you are getting on! Good luck!

Gem- lots of hugs for Isabelle!

Hi to everyone else- hope you are all well xxx

Quick question guys....
When you make the switch from nhs clinic to a different private clinic- does the nhs one send over all your existing notes etc and results from tests, or would the new clinic do all new ones?
Xx

Hey
I think if within the year it's all ok and new tests not needed xxx

Ladies... Jamie has very cleverly created a fb group for us.. If you'd like to join you can pm xx

Hi Katyann

Glad your okay. Have you been told you can't try naturally on dhea? I took it and they said we could carry on trying naturally, even though the chances of natural with me must be close to zero. I have heard of quite a few ladies getting pregnant naturally when they were on them.

I went from nhs to private and had to pay 25 pounds to have my notes copied. Think i had to write a letter as a phone call was no good.

Gemz- Isabelle looks gorgeous! Hope your getting some sleep.

Hopeful- good luck. Hope this is your time.

Hi to everyone else x x x x

Hi Cvaeh, my consultant has told me not to try naturally while I'm taking it because of the testosterone in it. If you do conceive while taking it and its a baby girl, there is a chance she would be born with masculinised features. However, I have researched this online myself and cannot find anything that says this is the case!! I'm tempted to try naturally anyway next cycle as so many people get their bfp while on it!
Xx

hi KateAnn - if I were you I would ask for copies of your notes, tests etc and take them with you. Otherwise you are relying on your referral letter from the NHS to cover all the details. You are entitled to copies of all of your notes and everything they have on file. I always think it is useful to have them anyway. I think it can take a while to get them from the NHS though so ask sooner rather than later.

Great to hear your lap was clear. Fingers crossed you just need some luck next time around.

AFM I had a hysteroscopy yesterday as I've been having super heavy periods lately with lots of flooding and clotting. All looked normal so I'm no clearer on what is causing it. Will be getting my karyotype tests back at the end of the week and DH will get his next week. Dependent on the results of that we may do further testing on sperm fragmentation/DNA. Then hopefully a fresh cycle in April/May with CGH testing on the embryos to see whether they are as normal as they look.

Hi lovelies!
Sorry I have been AWOL. Since going back to work my time has literally disappeared. I hope you are all well. Will try and read back a bit to update but from what I have read looks like lots of cycles going on.
Is AQ still around?
Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"