IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hey
Not seen her in a long time.. Not since my last ivf in sep x
Huge congrats on your little boy

Thanks hopeful and good luck to all you lovely ladies. Xx

Hi hope u dint mind me jumping on here. Been referred today for hsg at Warrington before ivf referral. Just wondering how long any one has waited for these as dr was a bit vague.
Gl x

Hey... I had about a month before Hsg and then about three months before the ivf began x I wish you a huge amount of luck x

Hi Ladies,

Can someone please help?

I'm 10dp3dt and have been having negatives since 6dpt which I know is early but it's torture! :dohh:

It looks like AF has arrived today and I'm devastated - this was our first IVF.

Does anyone know how long I will have to wait for cycle 2. No frozen embies so will be a fresh cycle.

Thanks xx

Hi sonja,
Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful cycle. In the past 12 months there have been a few of us on here who have been unsuccessful with no frozen embies either. It really is heartbreaking. I had my first cycle November/December last tear and will be going again later this month. So 5-6 months wait. However, my consultant wanted to put me on DHEA for 3 months prior to next ivf and because of my long cycle after failed ivf (60days) it took a while to get started with the dhea.
Stay strong and try to enjoy your time before going again. The stress of ivf is enormous on both partners xxx

Hi KateAnne thank you fur your reply. I'm sorry your having to go through this as well :( it's so hard.

Why did you have to wait that long? Was that there suggestion or was it something to do with your cycle?

I'm paying private with the Hewitt Centre inside LWH is that the same as where you are?

My consultant is Charles Kingsland and he is lovely.

I had 14 eggs but only retrieved 6 as they could only access my left ovary and that had to be done abdominally due to a very annoying fibroid that sits behind me uterus.

I had one top grade embryo put back in and then one was immature, one fertilised but then didn't make it very far. Another 2 fertilised with 2 sperm each egg which messed that up and I forget what she said about the other one.

My cervix bled when she touched it so I'm going to have to ask if that could have made a difference to anything and the day of ET I came down with flu and coughed and sneezed non stop for about 3 days and wonder if that had a negative effect.

I've still not started to flow properly so I go from negative to a bit positive - I guess I will only truly know in the morning to are if I start flowing overnight.

I wish you look with this next cycle and I would like to stay on this thread to speak to people going through the same thing.

Baby dust xxx

Hi sonja,
I'm still an NHS patient at the moment, at Arrowe Park on the Wirral but go to LWH for egg collection and transfer.

I had to wait 6 weeks for my follow up appointment and then as I said before the consultant wanted to put me on DHEA tablets for 3 months before starting my next treatment. Apparently it takes the tablets this long to get into your system and is supposed to help get better quality eggs.

I had 18 eggs collected, 10 fertilised but only 2 survived to blast. Both were put back but didn't take. They have no idea why except probably because they weren't good quality. The fact only 2 survived to blast also shows this.
Hopefully the dhea tablets will help me on my next round of treatment.

You might still be in with a chance- think positively!! I know it's hard though! I started bleeding 6dp5dt and it was full on bleeding, if I remember correctly.

Good luck xx

Hi Kate,

It's horrible when you can only rely on what's been put in at transfer isn't it - I don't think I would feel quite so ba if I had one frozen.

I had mine transferred on day 3 because I only had one embryo to play with they just wanted to get it back in.

Do you have a date for the start of your next treatment?

Thanks - I am really trying to stay positive lol :thumbup:

Xx

It's so hard to stay positive! And all we seem to do is 'wait' !!
I'm currently waiting for AF to show (any day now) then will start down reg CD21, so it should be in the next 3-4 weeks.
I am trying to stay hopeful and positive but finding it very difficult! It sounds awful to say as well but I don't think much of the treatment I've been getting from my hospital or LWH. So, after the next go, will feel happier about going to a private clinic, and this is my 2nd and last on nhs. We have somewhere in mind already if it comes to it. Obviously, I hope it doesn't!!
Xx

Your right it really is hard.

Is it the Hewitt Centre you have your eggs collected from or is it Liverpool Women's NHS part?

Xx

Oh wow I'm really surprised at the fact you aren't that impressed with them, isn't it strange how people have different experiences?

I drive all the way from Wolverhampton as well.

I'm sooo tired tonight, still no full flow. This stuff messes with your head :( ggrrrrr! I will know for definite in the morning I guess xx

Oh sonja, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, and words cannot help at this time. You just have to keep remembering your day will come.
Life is soooooo shitty sometimes. We don't deserve this xxxx

Thanks Kate, it really is shit. I've been in bed since 11.30 am and came home from work due to bad period pains which I suffer with every month and I've just felt very low.

I know it sounds mad but I had a miscarriage a couple of years ago and I feel like I've almost had another loss cus I knew our embryo was in there :(

I'm really not fussed about doing all the shots again or the transfer but the egg collection was torture for me as I had to have it done abdominally and I was in so much pain when I came around.

How are you feeling about your second one? Xxx

Hi

has anyone had any experience of an egg hatching before transfer?

Hello - lovely to see you around. How are you?

I don't have any experience myself but its a really good sign isn't it? A stage 5 blast is a hatching blast and it means it ready to snuggle in.

Are you in the middle of another cycle? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->