IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Don't know if you remember me, but wishing you loads of luck for today (and your 2ww) AQ x

Of course! thank you Harley and can't believe your LO is approaching 1 either! x

Delighted to announce i am pregnant!! in complete shock still but over the moon!
Most of the ladies on here have their babies but for those still trying- never lose hope. It took 4 cycles of IVF to get our BFP xxx

https://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/habeeb80/WP_20141004_001.jpg

Many, many congratulations!

Wow, just think after all that and it could be twins too :) x

Thank you Harley ;)
We will be delighted with one baby but 2 would be a double blessing <3 xxx

Omg I've just read that you're pregnant AQ.... I'm absolutely delighted for you & hubby!!! How are you feeling? Apart from over the moon.
I just explained to my hubby that you've been on here from the start & this is your fourth go... He said imagine that feeling when you've been through so much heart ache that feeling of amazement. I know you've been pregnant before, but enjoy this feeling as it goes so fast & I can't remember being pregnant & the kicks xxx
Wishing you a H & H nine months. Keep us posted.... It's a shame that this thread is so quiet, would be lovely to hear from others on how they are doing! AQ do you hear from bugs? How is she doing? Xxx

Ah thank you Janey <3 means a lot. Yes i hear from Bugs a lot. Her baby is due in Dec :) she is doing really well and everything is fine xxx

Hey all

I've finally made it back onto bnb! AQ I'm really sorry to hear your news. After everything you deserved your forever baby.

Bugs I'm absolutely delighted that your babys nearly hear! Doyou know what your having?

Not much to report here at the moment. Isabelle's nearly 8 months now and is doing well, and we are looking at doing ivf again next year with our frozen blasts.

To those Im not friends with on facebook, how you all doing?

Love and hugs xxxxx

HI All,

AQ im so sorry to hear of your loss :cry: i hope your ok? (As well as you can be)

will you try again?

could someone please tell me what the facebook page is?

AFM awaiting testing for NK Cells in Liverpool then IVF 3 (FET) should start early December. xxx

Hi All,

not been on here for such a long time.
little update on myself...
BFN Aug 13
BFN Dec13
hysteroscopy & cervix dilation Mar 14
BFN May 14 (with twin emryos)
BFP June 14 natural pregnancy !!!!!!!

now currently 25 weeks pregnant with my miracle due 7th Feb (two days after my birthday).
Keep the faith girlies miracles do happen to people like us
sending loads of fairy dust to you all xxx

Hi everyone I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. We have been ttc for just over 18 months now and have discovered dh has low count, motility and morphology so have just been referred to LWH. Not sure what to expect now, we are still waiting for a letter to arrive but just wanted to say hello and baby dust to you all xxx

Hi vlm

Hope your ok and sorry for the late reply. The threads gone very quiet lately as various ladies have moved on with their journey or don't have the time to get on.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been referred to the Hewitt centre. As you've got a confirmed diagnosis the procedure is as straight forward as it can be. You'll probably see a consultant first in outpatients clinic to run various blood tests to see how you are such as fsh, and possibly as HSG which is where the put dye through your womb and x Ray you at the same time.

From those tests you'll have a patient information evening. They'll give a talk about what to expect etc. from your pie you'll usually start within 2 months.

I'm guessing you'll probably do ICIS, where they inject a single sperm into an egg. It's iust like the ivf process where you'll be monitored and enjoy lots of needles and scans.

The staff are lovely. I didn't have the greatest of starts to my ivf journey with the woman's but I couldn't fault them now. They did such an amazing job with me. We've now got a little girl - amazing naturally after a lap and we're gearing up to use my frozen embryos early next year

Good luck on your journey xxx

Thanks Likklegemz

It's so daunting when you don't know what to expect and no one else understands what your going through it's tough!

I'm kind of nervous about the thought of the hsg but if it's one step closer to our BFP then so be it. Would my dh have to provide more samples etc? I'm sure I read somewhere that they don't accept any test results from other hospitals etc?

We were referred just over 2 weeks ago so hopefully a letter will arrive soon.

Congratulations on your little girl, amazing how things can happen so unexpected sometimes xxx

Thanks vlm,

Your right LWH don't accept test results from other hospitals - they like to do them themselves. So annoying, at one point I felt like all the doctors where doing was taking blood from me! I found the time between referral to the pie very slow but once you've attended the pie session it goes very quick. My reaction to the HSG was extream - 1 in about 500 cases has an infection and I was that unlucky one!

Yeah we're very lucky! My daughter was conceived on my first cycle after my lap. Doctor have me pretty long odds of that happening after 4 years of trying and a miscarriage. Never give up hope xxxx

So I guess me and my dh will both be pin cushions for the next few weeks/months then :( I can imagine it is/was very frustrating! Thats good to know at least when PIE comes through we'll know it won't be much longer. Oh no Likklegemz how awful, nothing like making things worse hey!

We're from Warrington so (as far as I know) we only have 1 chance at IVF so I'm extremely anxious but grateful we have at least 1 chance at all.

Wow thats amazing so nice to read success stories like that! Are you waiting until after xmas for ttc number 2? xxx

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck VLW
My husbands from warrington and we lived there for years but had to move out of area because at the time warrington pct stopped all funding, Im from Wigan so we moved there and i joined back at my childhood GP's. Luckily we got funding for x2 cycles at LWH.
I found LWH Amazing, I was really nervous about IVF but after 5 long years it was the next step, we were one of the very lucky couples and we got our BFP from our very first IVF ICSI cycle & right now my 5 month old baby girl is currently snoring next to me in her crib :)
IVF can be daunting but try to relax and not put to much pressure on yourself.

Wishing you all the luck in the world

Thanks Becki09

I know Warrington is just one of those places which is affected by the IVF lottery postcode! I did speak to the pct and they said it was getting reviewed in December so hopefully they may increase but who knows.

I think it's not knowing what to expect and I dont really know anyone who has had to go through it, it is hard though as no one understands just how hard it is and I'm only at the very begining of the journey. I'm hoping when we see the consultant I'll feel a bit better and have more of an understanding of things really.

Amazing that you got your little girl on your first IVF thats such lovely news. I can't imagine what it feels like to see those two lines on a pregnancy test after everything you have been through xx

I know Im friends with a number of oldies on facebook but just thought I'd share an update for those I'm not and to give some good news to those just starting their ivf journey.

My lg is now 13 months old - wow that's flown over! We did our natural fet cycle just over 2 weeks ago and I'm now pregnant! Possibly twins if both stuck.

Never give up on your dreams - miracles do happen!

Sending lots of baby :dust: to all you lovely ladies xxx

Oh WOW Gemz, congratulations! What amazing news! and how brave are you putting 2 back in!!!
I'm thinking of getting 1 of my 2 blasts put back in towards the end of the year... my LO is nearly 10 months old now! time goes so fast...

Can I ask a few questions?
When did you contact the HC to start the process? Just thinking if I want to get preggers around Christmas time, how far in advance would I contact them to start the ball rolling?
What is the process? Any injections or just pessaries?
From what I can remember this was part of your first IVF cycle... hope you don't mind me asking but did you have to pay for it?

Hope you have a H&H 9 months....

Hope all the other lovelies on here are well. Such a shame that this thread seems to have finished as everyone is so supportive... babydust for all the couples awaiting their miracles XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->