IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Think you may have to tell them because they will need to monitor you and you don't know how the medication will affect you x

Nice to see some new ladies on here. It's still quiet compared to how it used to be, I wish you both luck on your ivf journeys. I would advise telling work, mine where a pain but given the amount of time of for appointments etc it was impossible not to.

Quick update from me, I'm now pregnant with one and currently 15 weeks. Babys due in November, and we've got our 20 week scan next month. I'm incredibly lucky and it's all thanks to the hewitt centre. I hope you all end up with your own success stories too!

Love and good luck to all gem xx

Hi likklegemz
Thanks for the message 😊 so did you have ivf but you got a bfn? Then u fell pregnant naturally??
I'm going to my consultation appointment on the 26th June. It can't come quick enough! How often did you have to go for scans/bloods through the cycle?? I've asked work for time off up to a few days after egg transfer. Xx

Hi es89

Yeah we had a fail, then waited 8 months for a lap with the possibility of removing my tubes. Had lap and then period was late, tested on the off chance and was pregnant! Had a fu 2 days later from my lap who confirmed it.

We decided to use our two left over embryos in a double or bust situation. I wasn't really expecting it to work to be honest, and decided to test on Mother's Day and found out we were pregnant! Had to wait three weeks to find out if it was one or two, but it's only one which in hindsight I think I'm glad of if that makes sense? We've got our 20 week scan in 3 weeks, but it's a bit of ahead spin knowing my daughter is theoretically my eldest and my baby and vice versa with bump.

I'm forever greatfull to the women's and everyone I met on here and can only wish you luck. It does pass really quickly when your on that rollarcoaster. Everything's a worry xx

Sorry if I sound stupid but what's a lap??
How Beautiful to find out on Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing with me. I'm on a count down till consultation, so excited! Sure nerves will catch up with me soon!
How did you find retrieval? Did you do short or long protocol?

Hi girls,

thought I would bump this thread as nobody has posted for about a month or so!

Are there still ladies around who are currently having treatment at Liverpool Womens?

Me and my hubby are just about to start treatment. My AF is due tomorrow at which point I will be calling to arrange my prescription and an appointment to be shown how to inject.

A little on my background.. I am 27, my hubby is 32. We already have a child who is 5 so we are paying for IVF/ICSI privately. My daughter was conceived quickly but we have been trying for baby 2 for exactly 2 years. After 12 months of BFNs we went to our doctor who did routine tests which showed my husband has low sperm count and motility. So we've finally taken the plunge and paid to start IVF. I'm hoping that all we need is some help with the sperm getting to the egg and we will be all go go go!

It'd be great to chat to some ladies who are going through the same thing :)

xx

Hi tinadecember

You are the same as myself and my dh with regards to the low sperm count and motility etc although we have no children, and are at LWH. We've been trying for about two and a half years now, I'm 30 and my dh is 31.
I'm currently waiting for my consultation appointment to go through my protocol etc so hopefully will be starting on my next cycle in August. I think your a couple of weeks ahead of me though.
Lot's to go through and understand isn't there. Fingers crossed it works for us first time round xx

Hi VLW! ahh how exciting that I'm only a couple of weeks ahead of you. We have just had our consultation appointment where they took bloods to test for HIV but because we have already been seen at the womens previously they already have recent progesterone blood test results and SA results to go off otherwise I think we would have had to do more.

Do you ovulate normally? Here's hoping that all we both need is to get the swimmers to the eggy!

Sending you luck for your consultation xx

Yes I think you have to have all tests and SA's done before you have protocol appointment, then afterwards you just have the HIV, Hep B and Hep C which is where you are up to.
I ovulate I've had tests and it shows I'm all ok, had my AMH bloods done last week which will just determine what protocol I'm on. Hopefully will get a call tomorrow. How long did you wait for your protocol appointment to come through?
What's your next step now? xx

Hi ladies!!
Was a regular on this board years ago and occasionally stop by.
Wanted to sprinkle lots and lots of baby dust your way and if u have any questions to ask someone who has been thru it 4 times then feel free!!
We were diagnosed as unexplained which is really crap as we had nothing to 'fix' if u know what I mean. We were so So so so so so lucky for both a fresh cycle and a frozen one to work for us!
Anyhoo, good luck and here's to getting those eggos prego!!!!!
Xxx

VLW - well because we had already been seen at the women's for a few months prior to deciding to do ICSI, they already had our history and test results so we didn't really have to wait. I made a phone call to the Hewitt centre and the receptionist offered me a few appointments and we chose the one that suited us. Then it's been all go from there! Have you heard anything yet?

Nici - thank you for your kind words! It's reassuring to speak to someone who has been through the same thing with a positive outcome! How did you find treatment at the women's?

I'm just waiting on my period to arrive, (which was due 3 days ago by the way!!!) and then I can make the phone call to have my meds prescribed and arrange an appointment to be shown how to inject. No idea where my period is, I don't feel pregnant and I've done 2 tests which are both stark white negatives. I think I must have ovulated later than normal. Just my luck when I'm desperate for it to arrive!!!

Xx

Hi Tinadecember

I have got my appointment to go through protocol and return all our forms tomorrow! I'm really nervous not sure why. I'm currently on cd4 so no doubt I'll have to wait nearly 4 weeks so I can ring up on cd1 for my meds appointment etc but I guess it depends on what protocol I'm on really. I feel like time is going to drag now as I could be potentially waiting 7 weeks before I actually start any meds - I'm just getting impatient now ha!

Did you af arrive? xx

Yes my AF finally arrived, 4 bloody days late though!!! I just knew it would happen to me haha.

I phoned the clinic on CD1 and was told that I will be doing a short cycle of IVF so I will go straight to stimming and miss out down reg which I am totally fine with. Less injections = happy Tina!

I have my meds delivered on Tuesday coming up and then my appointment to be shown how to inject is on the 18th!

I feel like it's all happening so quickly now, I'm excited but massively terrified too.

What happened at your appointment?

xx

That is typical ha ha!

Did Liverpool ring you to pay for your meds? I am just waiting to pay for mine although I am on the long protocol so have to down reg for 3 weeks. I also have my drug appointment on the 18th August to show how to inject, just hope they hurry up so I can pay and get them delivered before the 18th!

I'm getting impatient, will give them a call Monday if I've not heard anything xx

I got the phone call from pharmasure, I'm not sure if they're located in the women's or if it's a separate building?

I hadn't heard anything after almost a week after paying the invoice for the IVF so I phoned them myself to find out what was going on and they hadn't received a prescription from the women's! Good thing I called really. Maybe check that they've definitely got your prescription? I had to pay for the meds when arranging delivery

How exciting that we are going to be so close together! I'm glad to have someone to go through it with who I can talk to xx

I rang LWH this morning, have paid the invoice so will just wait for pharmasure to ring with a delivery date. It seems a few people have had different ways of doing it? Not sure why really.

Your meds are getting delivered tomorrow aren't they? Could you pick a certain time? I so nervous for next Tuesday to start injecting, when do you start actually injecting yours? I'm on long protocol so need to down reg for 3 weeks xx

Yeah I also had to wait for a phonecall from Pharmasure. If you are injecting next Tuesday then you should definitely get a call in the next day or so.

I could choose a delivery day but not a time slot, all I know is that they deliver before 12pm so it'd have to be a morning delivery. I work 6-2 so I asked could they be delivered to my in laws and that was fine with them.

Yes my meds get delivered today!! Some point this morning, I'm so excited to see them hahaha as sad as it sounds. It kind of feels like the real start of the journey now that I've got something there in solid form.
We are doing a short cycle so I won't be down regulating, my injections don't start until the CD3 of my next period which should work out around the 28th of this month.
What date will you start stimming?

Good luck with the injections, how are you feeling about them? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pooing myself!! Are you injecting yourself of will your OH be helping?

xxx

They rang me yesterday afternoon so they are getting delivered on Thursday morning to my mum's so it's easier, I'll just go after work to collect them.

Let me know when they arrive, exciting. Yeh I've been feeling very nervous this week think things are getting very real now and the reality is starting to hit. I start down regs the same day as my drug appointment so a week today (the 18th) I should start stims around 8th Sept so a week or so after you start.

Yeh I'm a bit nervous tbh, I'm going to do them myself. I just think it's a bit different when you know you have to do it and loads of people say after the first few it's not too bad xx

yey! Great news that they've finally rang you!

I had my meds delivered yesterday, definitely more overwhelming that I thought it would be. They came in a huge box that was full to the brim and I'm only doing a short cycle so god only knows how much you're gonna get!

The needles don't look too big which is reassuring, I'd say about 1 - 1/2 inch. Don't be alarmed though when you see the needles in the green packet, I originally thought they were for injecting and shit myself because they are about 4 inches long but fear not.. they are for sucking up the solution.

I'm not going to inject myself, I don't think I could. So my hubby and my mum are coming to my appointment so they can inject between them!

I'm scared too... even more scared now I've got the injections. I also feel impatient and just want it all to be starting now!!!

Did the consultant that you're under say whether he will be transferring 1 emby or 2? Our guy said he was only prepared to transfer one because I've been pregnant before and I'm still relatively young (27). I don't know how to feel about it if I'm honest... because it's cost so much money I am pinning all of my hopes on it working this first time because I don't know whether we could afford to do more. We would be happy with twins so I think if it was down to us we would have 2 transferred.

xx

Oh really, I dread to think how much is being delivered! I'm going to sort out the spare bedroom tonight so I can set up a mini lab for everything ha!

I think even though you've reassured me I think it's still going to be a huge shock seeing everything I think I've just been plodding along with everything up to now, suddenly seems real now!

Well I was keen for 2 in the beginning to be honest and was going to ask the consultant but when we went he told u that if any embryos are good enough to freeze then if we wanted a sibling in the future then using the frozen ones would class as our first IVF cycle still, so would be free. I thought we'd have to pay even using FET but turns out we don't if they are from our first cycle. If we manage to get any frozen I'd be happy to just have one put back in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->