IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ahh you're probably better off then just getting one transferred if you can transfer a frozie for free! I'm just hoping ours works first time otherwise we've gotta find another £1500 there or there abouts

Just to show you what a short cycle of meds look like here is a picture

https://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t639/tinadecember1987/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/ADECD2F1-4A0A-4504-A346-148CFFDE64A4_zpslhzdruxr.jpg

I think you'll deffo need a room to store yours in!! Where in Liverpool are you from Hun?

Xxx

Yeh I'm happy for one for now and if were lucky enough to have a frostie then great, if not will save the money up for a round privately then. I'm just grateful we have the chance of having a baby full stop just hope it works! Can you not freeze any in case either it doesn't work of it you want more in the future? You wont have to pay for a full cycle then?

OMG there is loads! My mum has just rang to say they have been delivered so will go tonight after work to collect. Yeh defo need to get everything sorted tonight. Are you taking one of each to your drug teach appointment? That's what she told me to do rather than bring everything. I'm nervous to start injecting on Tuesday now.

I live in Warrington, what about you? xx

Yeah we do plan on freezing any embies that we are lucky enough to have left over. It will cost £350 to freeze them for 3 years and then to transfer one in years to come it'll cost £1500. Nowhere near the £5700 we are paying now but it's still a lot of money!

I didn't know what to do in regards of taking meds to the appointment! Nobody told me so I'm glad you've said that you've been told to only take one of each. I would've ended up going in there with a huge box in tow!

I am in Kirkby, not too far from the womens so that's where I plan on giving birth if we are lucky enough to conceive!

How exciting that your meds have arrived eeekk!! At least we can be scared together haha! Hows your partner feeling about it all?

My hubby Mark thinks I'm becoming obsessed with the idea of it already. I keep saying things like "if we get our baby.... etc" and he tells me to stop going on about it because I'm going to get my hopes up too much. It's tough not to get your hopes up really, this is gonna be the biggest chance we've had in 2 years!

xxx

Defo worth freezing, we can store ours for 10 years but I hopefully wont need them for that long I'd ideally want to use them sooner rather than later. Ideally I'd Like two kids before I'm 35 as I'm 30 now but we'll see.

Yeh when we went last time I saw a few people with white bags and wondered what they were, now I know they were meds. I'm just taking one of each anyway but suppose you could take everything If you wanted to?

Kirkby isn't far at all is it, luckily it's not too bad for us more or less a straight run.

Yeh he was a bit stop getting your hopes up, I think he's trying to not get excited or think about it so were not disappointed if it doesn't work. He's very grounded where as I've been a nervous wreck, he's kept me focussed which has been great. He doesn't see what the point in worrying is really, but he isn't one for showing his emotions really. I know we've been trying for nearly 2 and half years and nothing. I really hopes it works I'd be devastated if it didn't xx

Hey ladies, just a quick one to wish you all luck for your upcoming cycles xxx

Thank you captain, lovely of you to pop in and show your support! And many congratulations on your new LO!

VLW - I don't think it matters whether you get your hopes up or try and stay calm and grounded about it.. I think either way we are going to be devastated if it doesn't work after all the time and effort that goes into it. I don't think we would be human if we got a BFN and then said "ahh it doesn't matter" type thing haha!

I think I will just take one of each in, eeek how exciting we only have 3 days to go!! What time is your appointment?

xx

Thanks Captain.

I know I think it's just their way of dealing with things. I'm just a bad worrier anyway ha!

Are you on short protocol? I got all mine yesterday and looking at your picture I have the same meds as you but I only 20 of merional and it looks like you have 40? I also have 7 of the centrotide. I thought I was on long protocol but after googling it looks like it might be short? I thought I was starting taking them on cd21 but I'm not sure now?! XX

Well the cetrotide is to make sure you don't ovulate early so I can understand why you only have 7... do you not have anything extra to what I have? I am on short protocol and I don't start injections until after CD1 of my next period. Did the hospital say that you'll be starting injections on Tuesday?

xx

I ended up ringing Liverpool as I was so confused. Basically they switched me to short protocol now as I was at risk of OHSS on long protocol. I'm going Tuesday for my drug teach then she said I'd have my baseline scan on cd2 or 3 and if all ok will start drugs then :) I'm due on 25th Aug so a week after the drug teach. When is your period due then? We might be around the same time :) xx

Hi ladies well I've not been on here for ages good luck to all of you starting your cycles soon fingers crossed. I just wondered if there's anyone on here who have been successful with frozen embryos?? When looking on the net it's a mix n maybe it's how their looked after in the lab that helps towards the success. Hopefully the Hewitt are gentle!

VLW!! I am due on the 25th too! Haha how mad would it be if we start this together! Only 2 more sleeps to go till our appointments, I'm a bit excited for it all to begin now!
Strange that they've put you on a short protocol now, nice of them to let you know like! At least it means less injections which is a good thing

Rachel, sorry I can't give any advice about frozen embryos but I do hear of them working for people! When are you thinking of doing a frozen transfer? Xx.

That's brill that your both going to be going through your cycles at the same time! We are trying naturally for now but if no joy will probably be January when we go for it. Good luck girls xx

How strange is that ha! I've started feeling a few cramps this morning so I think it's on it's way. My cycles are usually between 28 and 31 days, mostly 30 so will see if it comes before next Tuesday! Yeh I'm excited and nervous for tomorrow, I watched the merional DVD yesterday I think I'll need to watch that whilst doing the injections for the first time tho bit I think once you get the hang of it it'll be fine.

I know I was expecting different drugs so rang them to double check it was all correct and she said after the Dr reviewed everything they thought shorter protocol was better. Was quiet happy tbh although she said it only takes 2 & half weeks so nervous now.

Hi Rachel, I'm hoping to freeze some from this cycle all being well (fingers crossed). Have you already got some frozen then? xx

We were really fortunate to get a beautiful baby girl from our ivf cycle and got 3 frozen embryos from it. Hopefully one will be as strong as our little miracle. All the information and the injections you have to go through is sooo worth it girls it will help you through every day of what you can possibly have at the end xxx

ahh Rachel congratulations on your first cycle working! Just out of curiosity, what percentage did your consultant give you for success before you started?

VLW - good luck for your appointment today!! The day is finally upon us haha. I am guessing we will be injected today but obviously with an empty syringe! I would be lying if I was to say I wasn't feeling a bit panicky but I am guessing that's because I don't know what to expect.
My appointment is at 3pm so I have to go straight from work. I VERY nearly forgot to bring some meds to work with me hahaha. Imagine!!

xx

Oh wow Rachel that's lovely! So was that your first IVF attempt as well? It's hard at the moment as it's feels like it's so close but can be taken away at any moment - trying to think positive though :) Any advice or tips?

That good you managed to freeze three, I got told that if you managed to freeze any from your first cycle you could use the frozen ones as it still classes as your first IVF cycle I always presumed we'd have to pay for that bit xx

Hey tina you too! I know I'm so excited but nervous, I have no idea what to expect to be honest. My appointment is at 2 so I've booked half a day off this afternoon so I didn't have to rush around. I've bagged all mine up ready for later.

Just think it'll be all go in a few days time :) xx

I know!!! A week or so to go and we will both be officially starting our first ever IVF cycles :D :D How amazing would it be if we both get BFPs at the end of it... our babys due dates would be more or less the same! Trying not to get too ahead of myself but oh well! If I don't stay positive who will? Certainly not my OH. He is thinking of it as "it probably won't work but if we get a positive it's a bonus".

xx

I'm so excited, nervous, anxious all rolled into one :) aww I really hope we do I just can't imagine seeing those two lines on a pregnancy test I think I'd keep it forever ha! Aww yeh that would be nice, we'd have keep in touch! My fella was like that but the more it's getting closer you can tell he's getting a bit more excited now, I think he's been trying to keep me grounded though :) I'm wishing the next month away now as in 4 weeks times we'll be in the 2ww hopefully xx

How did your appointment go VLW?

We were only shown how to use the first lot of injections (Merional), the nurse said she didn't want to baffle our heads by showing us everything all at once. She also said that the pessaries HAVE TO be taken rectally :( :( I am not happy about this one bit haha. So the next step is to call on CD1 which should be around a week today and then go in for a baseline scan on CD3.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->