IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ring the hospital and check maybe? That's what I did and the nurse said that 1 drink wouldn't make a difference but that was my last drink now neither of us will be drinking now. At least if you ring you'll know what they suggest.

No I've got bad cramps and back ache so it's literally any minute, the wait is killing me arghhh! Yeh it is typical it's late the month you want it early xx

I haven't got any cramps at all! I had them a few days ago but they've subsided again now... I feel massively anxious about it all now. That's probably not helping my period arrive either haha.

Fingers crossed that both of our periods show in the next day or so! The wait is killing meeeeeee

xx

I've had cramps for like 4 days nearly and mine seems to have stopped now, not even spotting but cramps and back ache are bad today! Yeh it's stressing me out now which isn't helping. I'm hoping it arrives before Thursday so I can at least have my baseline scan this week but I guess nothing can go exactly to plan in this situation can they :) xx

I was thinking about the baseline scan... it has to happen on CD3 doesn't it? I'm sure the stimms need to start on that day. So if my period was to arrive on Friday then CD3 would be Sunday, and they are closed. So would I scan on CD2 and start the stimms on the Sunday? I don't know how it all works.

Ladies we need your advice haha! xx

It's on CD2 or 3, they ask for a full days bleed first so if you came on Friday night they'd class Saturday as your full day's CD1 and do your baseline on Monday. It's only to check that your lining has started to thin. If you came on Friday morning they'd do it on Saturday morning. It's just a waiting game now xx

Any news VLW?

Still waiting here :( CD31 today ARGGGGHH the longest my cycle has ever been is 32 days so I guess we've still got tomorrow to wait out. No cramping, no spotting, boobs still sore from the progesterone.

I've never felt more irritated in my entire life!!! I can see my baseline being at the weekend

xx

Yep af started yesterday afternoon so I've got my baseline scan tomorrow morning at 8.30am now. I'm actually really excited now :)

Ahh how annoying! How long are your cycles usually? Try not to stress or worry it can sometimes delay things. Hopefully it wont be much longer for you. When did you ovulate? xx

Hey ladies! Eeeeek it's all starting! V V exciting times. Am sure the Hewitt is open 7 days a week isn't it? Or maybe that's just for transfers??
Xx

Hey Nici I think it's open Monday to Saturday but only till 1pm on Sat. I know I hope the scan goes ok tomorrow and I can finally start injections :) xx

Thanks hun, I am trying my best not to stress but it's becoming increasingly difficult.

I think I ovulated around 14th/15th and normally have a 12 day leutal phase so I guess there's still time yet.

I'm definitely at the height of PMT, feel like bursting into tears today or ripping someone's head off. What I'd do for a glass of wine haha!

How exciting that you've got your appointment eeeeekkk!!! Sending you the best of luck for your scan my dear

xxx

I know it's easier said than done isn't it, it feels like it's never going to arrive but it will only be a few more days to go now! I spotted for a few days first so mine was really teasing me ha!

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow not entirely looking forward to this internal scan while being on but at least it's the only one I'll be having whilst being on anyway - dignity will be left at the door haha.

Keep me posted if it arrives hun xx

I know! I couldn't believe it when I read that it will be an internal when you're on a period! But then again they see if every day! Not that it makes it any less embarrassing for us like!

I've had some mild cramping this last hour :)

I don't normally spot before coming on, I just come on all at once so I can't even say "oohh I'm spotting she is on her way!"

xx

I know me either but yep your right they do it day in day out so it's just the norm to them they've seen plenty by now no doubt :)

Ooh that's good news then it might be today/tomorrow then! I'm wishing the next couple of weeks away now xx

I know my baseline scan didn't go to plan but don't worry about it being internal. The staff are really friendly and understanding about it being "uncomfortable" and They make you feel completely at ease. like you've both said they see it every day 😊 xx

Thanks ES! It's good to know that the staff make sure you feel comfortable.

Quick update.. Still no AF here. Hoping she will arrive in the morning so I can schedule my baseline for Saturday otherwise it's gonna end up being Monday!

Xx

Morning girls,

great news to wake up to this morning, I AM ON CD1!!!!!

I went to bed last night feeling low because my boobs were still super sore so I thought there was no way she was arriving any time soon but I woke to a surprise appearance from her! YESSSSS so happy that we can get this started now. :D :D

Gonna call the womens this morning and I assume my baseline scan will be Saturday and all being well stims will start on Saturday night!

Vicky, hope your scan goes well this morning, let us know how it goes!

xx

Thank you ES

So what happened exactly at your baseline scan? They have cancelled it due to cysts? This is exactly what I am afraid of.. I'm excited for my scan but so anxious at the same time. I know some hospitals carry on anyway regardless of a cyst but it sounds like the womens won't continue if there's a cyst?
Sorry to hear that they found one and you've had to postpone :( How are you feeling?

Just arranged mine for Saturday morning at 08.45.. all being well then I will start injections on Saturday night.

Fingers tightly crossed! xx

It's nice to see this thread active again. I became good friends with a lot of the oldies on here and it was so supportive. I found the women's great, as with all hospitals there's the occasional bad apple but on the whole I couldn't fault them. I was sedated first time round for embryo transfer due to the position of my womb. Second time round that wasn't a problem.

A quick update here for those that still pop on occasionally l, we he our bfp back in March with out last frozen embryo and I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. Never give up, our first cycle was a failure - and then I fell pregnant naturally after 4 years of trying thanks to an investigation (I had a laparoscopy which cleared my tubes out and let me fall pregnant on stupidly long odds).

Our frozen fet has resulted in this pregnancy. I know we've had a lot of failures too on here but it does happen and dreams come true.

Thinking of you all, and sending lots of baby dust xxx

Thank you likklegemz for your words of advice and your story!

Congratulations on the FET working! :D :D I also can't fault the womens so far, apart from the horrendous waiting times when you're trying to get through to a nurse on the phone! but that's to be expected I suppose haha

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->