IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies

That's great news Tina woohoo!! My baseline scan went great so I start injecting tonight. I go back on Monday and next Friday for more scans to see how I am responding then it looks like EC will be W/C 7th Sept all being well. Cant believe it it's all go now!

That's lovely Likklegems you give us all hope :) xx

yey vicky congrats on your baseline going well!! How did you find it? what exactly did they do?

Can't wait for mine, feels like 2 days is miles away haha

xx

Thanks Tina!! Yes it's not as bad as you think really the lady is lovely and you put a paper skirt over so you're not all exposed ha! She also turns the lights off so she can see the screen better so it's actually ok. You just have a probe inserted and it picks up images of your tubes and ovaries it took about 5 minutes. After that you go to another nurse to discuss the injecting and your next dates for your scans and possible EC.

One thing I'd say is don't forget to take your booklet they gave you at you drug teach, the second nurse wasn't overly impressed I hadn't brought it with me and they use that to write all their notes in from now on oops! ha xx

Yer they postponed it due to my cysts being on both sides. Turns out they had seen bleeding on my ovary on my first scan (prior to ivf) which was the cyst and it obviously hadn't cleared naturally. They did say if it had only been the 1 on 1 side they probably would have gone ahead.
Try not to worry about it. I'm sure you will be fine! You and VLW will have to share your injecting experiences with me 😉
I was totally mortified but now that I've got a plan ahead and I know what's what I'm ok! X

Sending big hugs to you ES89 even though you are bearing up! It can't have been nice to have prepared yourself mentally to start and then be told that it'll be postponed. But on the other hand it's better to be in a position where your ovaries are functioning at their best and you'll have the best chance for lots and lots of follies to grow!

VLW how was your first injection?

I had an awful nights sleep last night, stupid period cramps woke me every few hours so I've had to dose up on strong painkillers before work this morning to get me through till 2pm when I finish for the bank holiday weekend yesssss!!

What's everyone up to this weekend?

xx

I don't think anything can truly go to plan with IVF can it, hopefully things go smoothly for all of us from now on :)

It went ok was just a scratch really, think it's the build up I just got a bit anxious over nothing ha. I'm sure it wont faze me after a few more goes.

Appointment tomorrow Tina, you excited?? Keep us posted on how it goes!

I've got my nephew's 6th birthday tomorrow and I'm doing a colour run for St Rocco's on Monday (well walk ha) they throw powder paint on you as you go round - should be fun xx

ahhh Vicky I had heard about that colour run and I was thinking of doing it but chickened out when it came to registering. It does look like good fun though!

Good to know that the injection wasn't too bad, did you do it yourself or did your OH help out?

I am excited for my appointment but anxious too. I must remember to take my book with me because if you hadn't have mentioned it I don't think I would've thought to have taken it either. I'm going to have to take Evie with me though, you don't think it'll be a problem do you? It's a bit early in the morning to wake up her grandparents to keep an eye on her!

Not sure what I am up to this weekend, no plans as such. The X Factor starts tomorrow doesn't it, so I expect a takeaway and Saturday night TV will be on the cards

xx

Yeh it's looks great doesn't it. Were only walking round though and having a good gossip and catch up at the same time.

My hubby did all the mixing and stuff and I just did the injection myself, we keep saying were a team so were both getting involved :) It didn't bother me too much I have got a headache today but it's prob unrelated. I have some little twinges in my lower belly where I injected last night it's hard not to notice tiny twinges or pulls now.

Yes if you don't but they will say to make sure you bring it every time with you. She should be ok it only takes a few mins.

Oh does it, takeaway and Saturday night TV sounds good :) xx

Hi girls,

I had my baseline this morning and all went well! I was sure that he had found something because the scan took ages and he kept printing pictures off!

Turns out he was printing off pictures of my follicles. He wants me to lower the dose of merional from 3 capsules to 2 because my left ovary has 24 follicles! He is concerned that I might over stimulate if I start on 3 so I've got another scan on Wednesday to check how I'm reacting. He said I will definitely react well though which i guess is a good thing! Just hope I don't over stim. My first injection is tonight yeyyyy!!!

VLW how are you getting on?

Xx

Hi Tina

That's great news! Have you done your first injection yet? Mine are going well it stings a bit as can feel it going in but it's not too bad. I havent had any side effects apart from a bit of a headache, hopefully that's a good thing??

Looking forward to going back on Monday to see how I'm doing!! Xx

Morning Hun,

Yes I did my first injection last night, didn't feel a thing if I'm honest but it did sting afterwards. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was!

How did the run go yesterday?

Sending you good luck for your scan tomorrow! Hope things are moving in the right direction xx

That's great, it's not too bad is it I think it's just the gearing up that's makes it worse ha!

Aww thanks Hun but the colour run is tomorrow, I'm hoping it stays dry but it's not looking good 😁

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow morning. Must admit I don't really feel any different other than few headaches and I'm tired. I just hope it's working 🙏🏼 xx

Hi ladies!!
All sounding good with the injections!! It is the fear of the unknown isn't it before u start then once one has been done it's fine!
U doing them all on same side or switching??
Xx

Yeh it's defo the build up although I still don't like doing it ha! I'm switching sides although the nurse said it didn't matter. It seems the hurt more on my right side for some reason 🙈

Fingers crossed everything looks ok tomorrow at the scan xx

Had my 2nd injection tonight and it hurt it a little more than yesterday's and also bled. I've done both on the left side but I'll alternate it tomorrow after my mum telling me off for not alternating!

I'm not having any side effects as yet.. Hoping it stays that way!

I've spent the day pigging out on junk food with my sister. She's having problems with her boyfriend so we went for a nandos and then to see a film. Was desperate for a glass of wine tonight! Why do we feel the urge to drink so badly when it's not allowed? Haha

Xx

Yeh one of mine hurt the other day and bled it's left a little purple mark but all the others have been ok. Yeh I'm feeling a little bloated but im trying to drink plenty of water.

Glad it's going ok though. Well if we can't drink then good food is next best ha! Oh I know it's typical isn't ha! Xx

So had my scan today and all looks good 😀 the nurse did my centrotide injection wile I was there so I take that every morning and the merional of an evening. Back on Friday now.

How are you getting on Tina? Xx

Morning!

Good news that your follies are growing nicely!! How many capsules of merional are you injecting? Only asking because I haven't experienced any bloating as yet but my dose was lowered to 2 rather than 3 capsules.

I'm getting on okay, had my 3rd injection last night on the right side this time and it was fine. I struggled sleeping last night though, felt like I had insomnia big time. Tried looking to see if it was a side effect this morning but couldn't find anything.

My next scan is tomorrow :D :D

Have the hospital given you a date yet for egg retrieval?

xx

Yeh they seem to be doing ok the nurse was happy with them anyway :) I take 2 powder to 1 water, I didn't feel bloated until yesterday and today I'm really feeling it. Don't worry I reckon once you start Centrotide you'll feel it as that stops you ovulating so they are all in there growing now. It's a bit uncomfortable but be ok.

I took my second centrotide this morning and have felt quiet sick since being in work which is one of the side effects, I hope it wares off soon as it's awful :(

Ooh great let me know how it goes tomorrow then.

Up to now egg collection is Monday possibly Tuesday depending how things grow this week, roll on Friday eeekkk xx

Hey ladies,
Wow its all happening so quickly! It's surprising how fast it goes once u start!
GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!!!!!!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"