IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Eurgh, sorry you're suffering with nausea :-( good thing to come from it though is that it must be doing it's job! I've got all this to come, I might end up starting mine tomorrow. Does the injection itself feel any different to the merional?

Nic, you're right it is happening so quickly! It's amazing how slowly time goes when you're counting dune to starting yet once it arrives it flies over! Though I'm sure after ET it'll drag once again to testing day!

I'm on a downer tonight girls, I feel like everyone around me is announcing that they're pregnant including a close friend of mine today. I've had a good cry on the phone to my mum because it just feels so unfair :( infertility hurts

Xx

Yeh your right Tina it must be working. Not long left to go now �� I think the merional hurts when the liquid gets pushed in but the centrotide doesn't it just hurts afterwards. I feel really fed up today/tonight �� I feel your pain I've had 3 announcements in the past 3 weeks it's tough going. Chin up though we can do this!

It is Nici it seems odd that after all this time it will soon be over, hopefully! I feel about 4 months pregnant at the moment m, really bloated which is good but so uncomfortable I defo on countdown now xx

Hi girls!

Not good vicky that you're really suffering with the bloat :( I haven't had any yet fingers crossed though I have been suffering with another odd side effect... insomnia.

I couldn't drift off to sleep on Monday night which is odd for me because I love my sleep and then I woke at 1am and couldn't doze back off. I didn't think anything of it and thought it must be a one off but then last night about an hour after my injection I went to bed and the same again. Wide awake and then 1am arrives and I'm wide awake again!
So I am super sleepy today... think I've missed out on about 6 hours sleep over the last 2 nights. I did feel a bit off going to bed last night too, like groggy and sick.

I have my appointment this morning for my 2nd scan! Hoping that my follies are growing nicely and I can start cetrotide

xx

The bloating will soon start, you'll defo know when it does though ha! At least I know everything is how it should be and they are growing so at least the bloating is a good sign. I only really noticed mine once I started centrotide.

Oh no insomnia isn't good I hate that. I hope today goes well, keep us posted. I'm on countdown till Friday now xx

Just had my scan so thought I'd update whilst everything is fresh in my head

My lining was 8.1, I have 17 follies in total. 1 was 14mm, there was about 6 that were 10mm and then some smaller ones. I think anything between 18-20mm at egg retrieval is classed as a good size so we are well on our way!

I've been told to stick to the 2 merional rather than raising to 3 and to start cetrotide today.

Next scan is on Monday.

Can you remember what your measurements were vicky?

I've been waiting forever in here! My appointment was at quarter past 11 and I didn't go in until 12 and now I'm back waiting to be shown how to inject cetrocide. Not that I mind! At least I'm not in work haha

Xx

That's great! I think my lining was about 6. I think I had 16 follicles, ranging from 13 to 11 and some that were less than 10. Well I'm hoping they have grown loads seeing as how bloated I have become ha! Yeh defo on the right track anyway.

Gosh they must have either crammed loads of appointments in or have run over lots! Least your not having to rush back to work though.

The nurse who did my scan showed me how to do the centrotide straight after the scan unless they are super busy today? it only took like 2 mins to show me and I still got confused when I did my own yesterday ha. xx

Roll on Monday for you :) Friday cant come quick enough now xx

Crazy that we are really similar in follicles! I had nothing to compare mine too so I'm glad that yours are roundabout what mine are!

It was really really busy in there and my hubby couldn't get the time off work so I was sat there like a lemon by myself surrounded by couples! The nurse showed me how to inject the certrotide eventually and I've had my first one. It bled like a bitch though and my skin is more raised than with the Merional.

Sending you tonnes of luck for Friday but you'll be just fine xx

Yeh it's hard as you don't really know what to compare to unless you can ask others. The nurse said everything was on track and looked great so I was happy with that :)

Oh no was it bleeding bad? When the nurse did mine it did bleed a bit (just like when you have blood taken) but since doing it myself it hasn't bled luckily. Yeh it does come up all red and like a lump, I panicked first time. Merional stings as the liquid goes in but centrotide stings afterwards. I still don't enjoy having to use needles though!

Thanks hun I'm wishing this week away :) xx

Wow ladies, some bloody amazing follies there!!!! :)
Make sure if ur getting bloated that u drink drink and drink more!!! I found that helped lots and also V good incase of ohss.
Xxx

Thank nic so are those considered good follies for only 4 days of stimming in?

I did ask the nurse and she was like "umm I can't really tell you whether it's good or not because every woman is different" so much for filling me with hope there, thanks! haha

Vicky, I now know exactly what you mean with the nausea from Cetrotide. I feel rather sick after this morning's injection... kinda feels like morning sickness. Cruel much?
I haven't done a single injection by myself :( thankfully Mark has done them all for me because I am a huge wimp where needles are concerned and he has been great. He is even getting out of bed at 5.30am to give me the Cetrotide. He has been a little star!

xx

Thanks for these updates girls, really helpful and preparing me for my cycle when it finally arrives!
Sounds like your both on the right track! 😃

You are very welcome ES.. I'll try to provide you with as much info as possible so you know what to expect when it happens.

How are you feeling? Is there much longer now until your next appointment?

xx

Thanks Nici will take your advice and drink lot's more :)

Has the nausea stopped now Tina? I feel ok now must have just been that first day. Must admit I think if you put a pin in me I'd pop I'm on countdown now, only 3 sets of injections left now thank god!! I'm starting to feel a bit fed up now, at least it's Friday tomorrow.

Hope your ok ES, not long now :) xx

It has mostly stopped though I do feel queasy on and off. Still not had any bloating yet which I am thankful for! But having the occasional cramping around both ovaries.

Can't believe you've only got 3 sets left!! eeeek how quick has the stimming process gone. Are you feeling anxious about the egg retrieval?

xx

It's only been the last couple of days with the bloating tbh I was fine at my last scan it's since then it's started really. I cant stop weeing either not sure if its everything growing and pushing on my bladder or the fact I'm trying to drink more!

I know I am literally counting down the needles now I'm fed up of doing them now ha!

A bit anxious yes but I want to over with so I know how many eggs they got and to know everything is ok. I've been reading up on that ohss and worrying myself so trying to drink loads! xx

Week today till pre op n just under 3 weeks till the op, should go quickly!
Can't believe how fast both your stimming is going! Have you been able to carry on with day to day life? Work etc?

Vicky, I feel anxious about the egg retrieval too if I am honest. I don't like being put to sleep anyway so that makes me even more anxious about the whole thing. Is it completely knocked out or heavily sedated?

ES, the injections haven't interfered with my everyday life at all. The side effects haven't been bad enough that I've had to take time off work or anything but saying that I am on a low dose. I don't know how they would be say if you were on 4 capsules of merional rather than 2.

How long after the op can you start IVF again? xx

I thought it was put to sleep but saying that I think when I had all my wisdom teeth out I was heavily sedated and I could hear myself groaning as it wore off and they had to give me more - Christ ha! I was in bed the rest of the day after that though I was well spaced out haha! So not looking to it that much.

No haven't interfered with me either I guess it was more juggling work with me as your at a few appointments but I've been lucky they have been first thing. I've also booked next week off work for EC and ET too all being well :) xx

I'm gonna be on the lowest dose 2 powder as I was at risk of ohss. Hopefully once I'm well enough to do it! It's a question I'm going to ask on pre op day. Just hope everything runs smoothly.
I thought it was heavily sedated but if it's put to sleep id be happier lol xx

Ahh well if you're going to be on 2 powders then I think you'll be just fine! The side effects for me personally have been minimal. Like vicky said it's just the appointments really that can get in the way but fortunately one of mine fell on a Saturday when I was already off work.

I've had a manic day in work! Just about to take my stim then off to bed to watch TV I think once I've got the little monster into bed.

What's everyone upto this weekend?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"