IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Egg collection is booked for Tuesday �� she said I had responded well and no signs of ohss thank god! One of the follicles was measuring at 21!! Just need to wait for the nurse to ring me later and give me times etc.

Lazy weekend now I think other than a wedding Saturday night.

How are you getting on Tina? Xx

yey! Vicky that's excellent news :D :D

So have you finished Merional now or do you still need to continue stimming until Tuesday?

Did it look like there were quite a few follicles of good size?

I'm okay, really crampy today continuously feels like normal ovulation pain but on both sides. I've got until Monday to wait till my next scan, want it to hurry up now so I can see what is in there!

xx

No carry on finishing meds so got to do tonight and Saturday night and centrotide tomorrow and Sunday and that's it thank god!!

Yeh they had defo grown since last time and she was really happy with everything. Just need to wait for the nurse to ring me later today with time of EC and what time to take the trigger shot. You're put fully to sleep aswell.

Hope it's not too bad for you, you might be growing some big ones in there! Drink loads of water it does help! I know it won't be long though now for you xx

So excited for you!! Did you get a time from the hospital for Tuesday?

I've done 7 stims and just taken my 4th cetrotide. I can't wait for Monday now! I am so completely sick of the injections.

Xx

Yep I need to be there for 7.30!

Countdown is on. I've only got 1 merional and 1 centrotide plus the trigger shot I can't wait till Sunday night when that's the last!

What time is your scan Monday? Xx

God that's an early one! Are they always that early on?

My scan is at 10am on Monday, I expect my egg retrieval will be between Wednesday-Friday.

I bet you can't wait to finish the injections! I know I can't and I've still got a few days to go. Are you getting loads of EWCM? I'm getting tonnes of it, it's like the niagra falls down there haha!

Xx

No I think I'm one of the first tbh.

Yeh will only be a couple of days after your scan all being well. Keep me posted.

Oh my god yes, it's awful isn't it! Haha xx

I'm glad you've said it's happening to you too! I thought I was getting abnormally too much haha

It's probably a good thing that you're in there first thing, saves you counting down the minutes all day long

Xx

It's more than normal anyway ha!

Yeh I'm glad its first thing too. You excited for your scan tomorrow? Hopefully if all looks good your EC will be later on in the week :) xx

I am excited but massively nervous! I've not got any bloating or extreme cramps do I doubt I've got OHSS but it doesn't stop me worrying about it! And of course I'm panicking about the size of my follicles.. This whole thing is just one big worry isn't it! I'll be glad when tomorrow arrives and I can get it over with!

I've noticed some bruising today from the injections, I've got a lovely purple belly haha!

I've been manic all day building new bedroom furniture, we've had to buy all new because I've bust the drawers for a second time trying to force clothes in. I need a clear out!

You had a busy weekend Hun?

Xx

Well coz I did feel really bloated I was worried I had ohss and drank so much water! Luckily everything was all ok. Everyone is different I guess if you were on the right track last time in sure everything will be fine. I'm on countdown till 8.30pm now :)

Oh no haha! I used to be terrible but I'm quiet ruthless now when sorting clothes out will have another good sort out soon though!

Not done too much this week was at a wedding last night we just went for a few hours and saw family today. Xx

How did the trigger shot go Vicky? Is that it now for you injection wise?

Had my appointment this morning and all went well :D :D

My lining is 11.2mm which she said was nice and thick. I have 17 follicles on my left ovary with some good size follies between 13-20mm and then 8 on my right ovary with the biggest at 25mm which I think is too big? I don't think they would use that one as it's "too mature" if there is such a thing.

I take my last stim tonight and then cetrotide tomorrow morning and I will have my trigger tomorrow night. I'm just waiting on a phonecall with a time for the trigger and a time to go in on Thursday for egg collection.

I may have to go to theatre to have the egg collection rather than being put asleep in the clinic due to having had heart surgery before. The nurse said she was going to speak to the anaesthetist and then get back to me.

xx

All fine, yes all done with injections now thank god! Can't believe it's EC tomorrow. It's weird to think after all this time this could be it!!

Ooh brilliant they sound great! Well I had one at 21 but she didn't say anything about it, I'm sure they will get as many as they can and it's a case of which survive and make it through so I wouldn't worry too much about the bad boy ha!

So what's the difference to being taken to theatre rather than being put to sleep? Can they monitor you more closely in theatre etc?

I'm so nervous and excited my stomach has been flipping all day xx

I'm excited for you!!! I can't believe how quick it's all come around, I know I say it a lot but it really has! I think it's helped that we have had each other to keep ourselves sane haha!

I think the difference between theatre and clinic would simply be that in theatre a closer eye would be kept on the heart though I'm sure it's just as safe in the clinic!

I had the call, my retrieval is at 8am too! Have to be at the hospital for 7.30!

I feel as excited as a kid at Christmas haha!

Xx

I seemed to take forever to get to this point didn't it so yeh in a way it has been quiet quick the last couple of weeks.

Ahh right yeh that makes sense with theatre with you then. I'm sure it will all be fine. I'm so excited but scared. Just hope we have some good goods!

Same as me then how weird is that! Think I'd rather be in and out really. Aiming to have a nice lazy day with hubby tomorrow afternoon :) xx

How are you feeling about it all? Are you scared about the procedure? I'm absolutely crapping one! I'm terrified of being put to sleep and not in control.

What's your plan for the 2WW when it arrives? I've bought tonnes of cheapies and 2 first response tests. I'm going to test the trigger out of my system then I will know that if I do get a positive then it'll be genuine and I won't be worrying that it's because of the trigger xx

Nervous really I find it weird being put to sleep and don't really like the waking up part but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm just gona wait the full 2 weeks out. I'm not going to test early well try not to and just eat plenty of fruit and things. I'm really not going to try and symptom spot. I just think if it will implant then it will, I don't think it's something we can control so what will be will be. Can you tell I'm trying to not get my hopes up :) xx

Sending you good luck for this morning Vicky! I'm sure it will all go smoothly and you will wake up with the news that there were lots of eggys.

I do agree that what will be will be... from the moment the embryo implants it is out of our control BUT I have zero patience and willpower not to test. I plan on just taking it easy, I am going to take the day following the embryo transfer off work so I can rest up and with any luck the little one can snuggle in nicely.

Let us know how you get on once you're awake and less groggy!

xx

Hey Tina, so today went well. They got 10 eggs so she was really pleased with that. Just have to wait for a phone call tomorrow to know how they are getting on :)

Had bad cramps afterwards so went straight to bed when I got home, only just woke up. Got everything crossed we have a good few embryos though I'm so excited to know now!!

Hope your doing ok? Xx

:D Glad to hear that everything went well! Was it scary? How long was you actually asleep for?

10 eggs is a great number!!!

I'm fine, taking my trigger tonight then I have a full day tomorrow of no injections which is relieving!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->